• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Dan Reeves

will atlanta fire him?if they do,would you consider him for Gee Dubya's replacement?

thoughts.......
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

I think he will get fired in ATL but I hope we would not go after him. I've never been to impressed with him.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
      I think he will get fired in ATL but I hope we would not go after him. I've never been to impressed with him.
      he's only the nfl's most winningest active coach:hammeru:

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

Big Deal!!!!! He has been around longer than any other active coach. How many Super Bowls has he won?

I don't want him here. I could care less if he is the winningest active coach!

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

You can coach all as long as you want as long as your still in the coaching pool and retreads are always cool.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

Big Deal!!!!! He has been around longer than any other active coach. How many Super Bowls has he won?

its not easy to coach and be around longer then any coach. you gotta win to stay around. just cause you lost the big game doesn't mean your not a great coach. look at marv levy. he was still the man.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

All I am saying is I don't want him here. This will be the third time he has been canned if ATL fires him. I don't want a 3 time retread.

BTW......................I would not classify him as a Great coach. Good yes............great........NO!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

LOL... I love the "big Deal- he's won" - he's only brought 3 different teams to division crowns- and 2 different teams to a Super bowl. He's also got more Super bowl appearances than any player/coach/assistant/owner/ in NFL history.

10 appearances in the big game as a player , assistant, or Head coach. Toss in NFL/NFC/AFC championship games, and he's got something like 17 appearances .......

How many Super Bowl coaches are out there? You want Jimmie Johnson? Guess what - he's not coming. Parcells, Shanahan, Gruden, and Billick are employed. Gibbs has a job in racing. Vermiel is busy next weekend- he sends his regrets. Shula, Walsh, and Noll are retired. Lombardi and Landry are dead.

Unless you want Barry Switzer you ain't getting a SB coach.

Who's your choice?

Comment

• LABillsFan
                  • Aug 2002

Nooooo! He's in that class with Schotzy. Let them rest in peace.
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

LOL... I love the "big Deal- he's won" - he's only brought 3 different teams to division crowns- and 2 different teams to a Super bowl. He's also got more Super bowl appearances than any player/coach/assistant/owner/ in NFL history.

10 appearances in the big game as a player , assistant, or Head coach. Toss in NFL/NFC/AFC championship games, and he's got something like 17 appearances .......

How many Super Bowl coaches are out there? You want Jimmie Johnson? Guess what - he's not coming. Parcells, Shanahan, Gruden, and Billick are employed. Gibbs has a job in racing. Vermiel is busy next weekend- he sends his regrets. Shula, Walsh, and Noll are retired. Lombardi and Landry are dead.

Unless you want Barry Switzer you ain't getting a SB coach.

Who's your choice?
                    great point... also this season did him no justice, mike vick was out all year

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Granted- I think I'd like others ahead of him- but I'd not jump off a ledge if he was our next coach.

My Choices by rank- (of those realistically available or rumored to be fired)

1) Nick Saban
                      2) Kirk Ferentz
                      3) Tom Coughlin
                      4) Haslett
                      5) Romeo Crennel
                      6) Reeves
                      7) Dennis Green

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

Reeves is a guy I wouldn't mind us getting - out of the choices mentioned so far, he'd be my first choice.

That being said, part of the reason he's the winningest active head coach is because his best years are behind him where he racked up all those wins. Ask Raptor fans what he feels like to have the winningest head coach.

Comment

• AG75
                          My buns are weiner friendly
                          • Oct 2002

I want a coach that the team want's to please. That is what we had with Levy, I always liked Levy but felt we succeeded because of the massive talent, and that he was a coach they wanted to please.

Im not getting this vibe with the Bills on GW.
                          Aimee

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            Granted- I think I'd like others ahead of him- but I'd not jump off a ledge if he was our next coach.

My Choices by rank- (of those realistically available or rumored to be fired)

1) Nick Saban
                            2) Kirk Ferentz
                            3) Tom Coughlin
                            4) Haslett
                            5) Romeo Crennel
                            6) Reeves
                            7) Dennis Green

get haslett off that list and it is pretty good.. haslet has never done much to impress me.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Take Reeves in a heartbeat. His talents, plus Ralph's money means a contender.

Of course, it isn't going to happen because of Wade being on his staff.

Comment

Working...
                              X