• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

GW Should Stay

If we win out (even if we dont get in the playoffs) I think Gregg Williams should get a new contract. He has vastly improved this teams Defense and Special teams and with a NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR should be a great coach.

Things take time. He was a newbie thus his decisions sometimes were off. People learn from mistakes. I dont want to see this team having to start over next year. With a little tweaking in the offense and a speed DE we are in the Superbowl IMO. I dont want to see things over turned at the top and having to wait a good 2 more years for things to gel.
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
    If we win out (even if we dont get in the playoffs) I think Gregg Williams should get a new contract. He has vastly improved this teams Defense and Special teams and with a NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR should be a great coach.

Things take time. He was a newbie thus his decisions sometimes were off. People learn from mistakes. I dont want to see this team having to start over next year. With a little tweaking in the offense and a speed DE we are in the Superbowl IMO. I dont want to see things over turned at the top and having to wait a good 2 more years for things to gel.

1. If we win out, he should still be let go. For the simple fact that every single one of us fans knew what needed to happen on offense for this team to score points and control ballgames. GW let KG run his stupid offense for 12 weeks without interveening (sp?) and putting an end to it. Its too little too late for GW and KG at week 12 to get a second chance.

2. GW did not improve the special teams. Having starters on it did. Tell me again why Nate Clements (our number 1 CB) is returning punts in december when we are really not in the playoff hunt?)

3. I have a strong belief that Dick Labeau had as much to do with the defensive turnaround as GW did. GW doesnt put his players in a position to excel.

4. GW has made enough bone headed calls in 3 years to prove he doesnt have a full understanding of the game. If buffalo reached the superbowl next year, and we were down by 2 points with 2 minutes left in the game. Would you really want GW as your head coach to motivate, coach, and lead the team down the field.

5. I just plain ole dont like GW. He isnt a decision maker. He isnt a leader. And I am sick of his lazydazical approach to coaching.

F them both!

Comment

• ajsdx
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

I've been reading a lot of articles in the media lately that agree with this statement. Lots of columnists feel he wasn't given a "fair shake" for whatever reason, but every one of them said that GW will be let go anyway.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

oh god.. see... this is what happens when you win a few games... the fans become delusional.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          oh god.. see... this is what happens when you win a few games... the fans become delusional.
          Exactly! This is why I didnt mind losing out (besides Miami).

8-8 may just be good enough for the coaching staff to stay! AHH!!!

If it happens, I will NOT buy tickets to next years games.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Like I asked before ,who's gonna pick the new OC if GW stays? GW? He's 0-2 . Gw is only as good as the coaches around him. With that being said, he didn't have the balls to take away the play calling from Gilbride because he does NOT know how to run an offense. To think that he is the HC for cryin out loud. Na, he's a good DC but has a lot to learn before he is even considered a decent HC.

"oh god.. see... this is what happens when you win a few games... the fans become delusional."

we just beat teams with losing records.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

I recall former vike HC Dennis Green saying, after the 2 opening wins, that the bills should give GW a new contract. Wonder what he'd say today?

GW and KG are idiots. Off with their pinheads!
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

uh.....no. GW and KG need to go. I don't care if we win out by blowing out TEN, MIA and NE by 60 points a piece. They need to go buh-bye. :church:

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Labeau's Schemes seemed to have no effect until the last 2 wks. Gray put this "D" together he just needed some "PLAYERS" to plug in to make it a top 3 defense

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• clumping platelets

I say keep GW and get rid of KG

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

It will be interesting...as much as I hate GW I would ok an extention if KG is fired. HOWEVER, GW would be on a majorly short leash...2-3 out of the box with some of the game day gaffs that we have seen would not cut it.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

I do not want to shift one way or the other yet, I have said all year that the majority of the teams problems lie on KG shoulders, that man should not have a job in the NFL.

I did hear something interesting on a radio show though. The were talking about SS in Washington and how he is still believed to be a great head coach even though he hasn't done anyhting with this talent and bla bla bla... but they were saying that other coaches were saying this about him, and that he just needed to have experience with being able to pick a supporting cast of coach/staff that can help him to concentrate on his duties of HC. They said if he could do this he could be one of the best HC in the league.

I thought this made some sense, just for the very fact that obviosly if you have never been an HC in this league then how whould you know what you are going to need to make things happen, I mean you probably think you know, but until you actually do it you don't.

Now I know GW did not come from college but, could some of this be applied to his case as well? Everyone makes mistakes hirring people for any job. (not to make excuses for fat lips)

And honestly lets face it folks if Henry was getting the carries the whole year that he is getting now would this even be a question? we would more then likely be 11-2 and in a hunt to clench the division.

I don't know **** about coaching so I have no frame of refernce, and I am not going to pretend I know. Just some some stupid radio show I heard, made a little sense.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

I am not saying GW should stay or go. From a PR standpoint can the Bills live with just firing KG. I can see them losing a lot if season tickets if they keep GW. On this board alone I believe Wys and Pride have said they would not re-new if GW is back. RW has made hints about his dissatisfaction in the team this year. While RW has given TD the right to call all the shots it will be interesting if TD is willing to keep him at the sacrifice of losing luxary suite customers and season tickets.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

This is ridiculous.

If they win out, they would have beaten teams with 11, 9, & 8 wins- they would prove they have the talent to beat the best in the league.

But then why the Blowout loss to the Jets? A loss at home to the Texans? They would prove everything was in place to win but they failed to do so. Winning the last 3 would only prove the coaches really messed up mid-season, and not that they were dealt a bogus hand.

Williams hired freinds and acquaintences on his first staff- no one with experience and it killed him. He Fires some guys and brings in experienced coaches- On Defense it worked out great, on offense again he failed miserably.

How many times are you going to let Williams hire the wrong guys? He used his mulligan up. What makes you think that he's shown the ability to hire a good OC?

Comment

• zone
                              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              How many times are you going to let Williams hire the wrong guys? He used his mulligan up. What makes you think that he's shown the ability to hire a good OC?
                              good point. I agree.
                              www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X