X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drummernut
    • Sep 2003

Coughlin/Gilbride

If Tom Coughlin were hired as the HC next season it would be a virtual guarantee that KG would be his guy. They were tremendously succesful in Jax together and TC knows offense. Could everyone stomach this. I DEFINITELY want it to be this way. KG is a GREAT coordinator. He unfortunately has been raped by GW.

Out
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Get the **** out of here with this non-sense it took him how long to figure out we needed to run the ball more. Yeah KG is a genius alright!Not much more needs to be said.
    Last edited by The Spaz; 12-09-2003, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• BillsNick
      • Jul 2003

Holy ****, dude. I don't know what to say about this. What are you thinking?

Comment

• drummernut
        • Sep 2003

Fellas listen....the offensive fallout is all on GW. PERIOD! GW goes to KG and says this is what I want you to do and how I want it done. GW has said it time and again that he is involved in all phases of game planning. Do you think any head coach who is a true leader and a true professional is going to let his "inmate" run his "asylum". Why do you think all of a sudden we've played respectably for the last two weeks. BECAUSE GW IS OUT THE DOOR SO NOW HE IS DOING WHAT TD WANTED ALL ALONG SO HE CAN MILK A PAY CHECK FOR A WHILE LONGER. That is what GW is ALLLL ABOUT. GW isn't about winning which is why he junked the real game plan in favor of his own. HE CAN'T HANDLE BEING A HEAD COACH so he plays this stupid self made game

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

BS man KG is the offensive coordinator period. GW has never been known for offense he's always been a defensive guy he oversees the whole team but leaves the offesnse up to KG and Co. KG is done after this year mark my words and good ****ing riddance!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Coughlin is probably going to the Giants anyway.

Bring in Haslett!!

Comment

• BillsNick
              • Jul 2003

Dude, for real, pay more attention to whats going on. KG is the cancer and He is gone. Bottom line.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

And please don't anyone talk about Saban. I don't want a college coach. They're always 2-3 year projects. We need to win NOW.

Comment

• drummernut
                  • Sep 2003

My friend....you live in a dream world if you think that GW is a competent head coach. Part of being a stron head coach is the ability to pick strong assistants and direct them the right way. If Gilbride is the cancer then why has he had some of the best offenses in the league in the last 10 years or so. ESPECIALLY in Jax where some people said that it was some of the best offensive play calling they had ever seen....and it was under the direction of a strong willed, disciplinarian of ahead coach. So the fact is that the knowledge and ability is definitely there...we just have a baffoon of a leader playing the bag pipes. IT IS ALL WILIIAMS. Just becuase GW isn't an "offensive" guy, he is still the leader. All he needs to do is walk over to KG and say run it until we're blue in the face. Now...if he has done that and Gilbride blatantly defied him...then I'll be more that happy to agree and apologize to you....but until then. NO WAY

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                    New and Improved!!
                    • Aug 2003

Drummernut- The only person here that is in a dream world is you. If you think KG is so great, why don't you point out all the good things he's done for us this year. Hint*-->you will only need one hand to count on. GW doesn't call the plays, KG does, so it is KG that called 83 straight passing plays on third and short situations here.

Oh, how many superbowls did KG win with that amazing offense?
                    Read some articles or something. You're the only KG fan on this board, doesn't that tell you something?
                    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                      Drummernut- The only person here that is in a dream world is you. If you think KG is so great, why don't you point out all the good things he's done for us this year. Hint*-->you will only need one hand to count on. GW doesn't call the plays, KG does, so it is KG that called 83 straight passing plays on third and short situations here.

Oh, how many superbowls did KG win with that amazing offense?
                      Read some articles or something. You're the only KG fan on this board, doesn't that tell you something?
                      LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

They are both incompetent.

They will both go.

The NFL is the epitomy of "What have you done for me lately"- I highly doubt Coughlin would retain an OC woth one of the worst scoring offenses in the league- that has as much talent this offense has.

I fail to see how hiring Coughlin is a "guarantee" KG would be back. Tell me, what has Gillbride done in the past 6 -7 years that would justify it?

The only reason he got the job here was bot KG and GW were buddies down in Houston on the Oilers- early 1990's

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Drummernut....

It was reported that GW called KG to run the ball. I don't know where you have been getting your reports. Do you even see GW talking with his headset when the O is on the field? The only time you see GW saying something is when he's crying to the refs.

KG does all the play calling. Get you facts straight. Drew doesn't even talk to GW when he's on the field.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• drummernut
                            • Sep 2003

Yes...KG does call the plays....but the play calling revolves around the philosophy given to him BY THE HEAD COACH. We haven't had that many good offensive games because we have a HC who's head is thicker than the earth's crust and refuses to admit that he's wrong by what he's doing and change it when it needed to and mattered most. By changing his philosophy he admits that he's not great etc and his coaching peerlessness is nothing more than a self dilusion. I'm sorry to bring the bad news but TD picked the wrong HC and all has trickled down afterwards. GW just likes to roam the sidelines and feel like "a big man". He is a gutless marshmellow who TD liked because he was non-threatening and thought he could make him into a "thankful to TD" for the opportunity good head coach. Yes...he is detail oriented and a good defensive guy....but he is no way the whole deal.

What has KG done...well...he's had offenses in the top 3 in the league like 3 or 4 times....HE AND TOM COUGHLIN MADE ROB JOHNSON LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO WAS WORTH A 1ST AND 4TH ROUND PICK TO US , HE WAS THE ONLY COORDINATOR WHO GOT ANY SEMBELANCE OF PRODUCTION OUT OF KORDELL STEWART, HE BEAT OUR BUTTS IN THE PLAYOFF GAME THAT WAS JIM KELLYS FINAL GAME, HE PUT 62 PTS UP IN A PLAYOFF GAME IN MIAMI WHEN WITH JAX.....NEED I GO ON

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Drummer, you are right, he's had offenses. Major emphasis on "had". Most of the time opposing coaches figures out KG and then the team get's no where.

It's all over the papers, KG is the one who is stubborn. GW is a D coach, since we've obviously tried to throw the ball more, that is KG signature.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X