PDA

View Full Version : IS Pat Ruel really that bad?

justasportsfan
12-09-2003, 10:47 AM
I still say we need to replace Ruel but he hasn't done a really bad job compared to last year when you think about it. Our passing game is horrible and a lot of it has to do with Gilbride.

Our OL isn't all that but our pass protection is better compared to last year and inspite of the lack of running plays , Henry is still at pace to repeat his 1400 (don't forget missed games ) and most of those yards were gained when we intentionally ( obvious run plays) ran the ball unlike last year when the passing game opened up the running game.

People say it's the lack of execution on the players part because of Gilbrides system. How much of our offensive line problems are Ruels fault , players lack of execution or Gilbrides system.

Drew has been sacked less this year even without Price to stretch the field and Moulds being unable to get open because of his groin injury.

Ebenezer
12-09-2003, 10:58 AM
The real problem is that GW has no clue as to the offense...look at the guys he has hired. Get a real OC and let him pick some real coaches.

justasportsfan
12-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
The real problem is that GW has no clue as to the offense...look at the guys he has hired. Get a real OC and let him pick some real coaches.

So if we had a system that actually ran the ball and based on our OL being able to open holes for Henry, is Ruel a decent OL coach? Or is it all henry and Sam Gash? :idunno:

Imagine this, if we ran the ball from day one (w/o the injuries) , Henry could've had a shot a 2000 yds for the season. If McGahee turns out to be a better rb than Morris and Burns plus a OC that loves to run the ball. both TH and WM could have a combined 2000 yd season next year.

Ebenezer
12-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
So if we had a system that actually ran the ball and based on our OL being able to open holes for Henry, is Ruel a decent OL coach? Or is it all henry and Sam Gash? :idunno:

Great question...I think that Henry has all the tools but downfield speed...which is why McGahee was drafted.

Dozerdog
12-09-2003, 12:00 PM
I'd have to know who on this team benched Sullivan and Price, and allowed Pucillo to start without giving Ross Tucker a shot.

Those guys are getting in the game and beginning to make a difference as well

Ebenezer
12-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'd have to know who on this team benched Sullivan and Price, and allowed Pucillo to start without giving Ross Tucker a shot.

what was amazing is that everybody saw the weakness in Puck-i-chillo except the coaches.

SABURZFAN
12-09-2003, 01:06 PM
ruel is horrible.

Bulldog
12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

what was amazing is that everybody saw the weakness in Puck-i-chillo except the coaches.

This is what really pisses me off. Williams said that both Sullivan and Tucker have done admireable work and that is whats expected from quality back-ups. Ever think of making changes during the season when it's obvious that the current combination on the o-line just isn't working? Sullivan said he doesen't care where he plays, he just wants to be on the field. Not that I wanted him to replace Jennings, but for the love of god get Puchillo the hell out of there. I want to know which genius made the decision to put Puchillo in there in the first place. It is the inability of this coaching staff to make changes that will better the team that will ultimately cost them their jobs!

casdhf
12-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
ruel is horrible.

Great analysis!!

socalfan
12-09-2003, 11:08 PM

Tucker came in late in the preseason, there wasn't anyway to really get him prepared well enough to start the season or compete against any of the lineman.

Turf
12-09-2003, 11:20 PM

Bingo :stupid: :lastyr:

juice
12-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Lack of adjustments makes him a liability. The line was just beginning to jell at the end of last year, they've taken a huge step backward.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
ruel is horrible.

Originally posted by casdhf
Great analysis!!

thank you.i don't beat around the bush.

justasportsfan
12-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by juice
Lack of adjustments makes him a liability. The line was just beginning to jell at the end of last year, they've taken a huge step backward.

beginning to jell.?I could've sworn our O was horrible towards the end and the D was the one getting better.

justasportsfan
12-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Actually forgetaboutit. Our new OC is gonna bring in his OL coach. Mike Sheppard anyone ? :shakeno:

User Manuel
12-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Sullivan said he doesen't care where he plays, he just wants to be on the field.

Sullivan has repeatedly stated that he wants to play outside not inside and that he facilitated his move away from guard.

kdharge
12-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by socalfan

Tucker came in late in the preseason, there wasn't anyway to really get him prepared well enough to start the season or compete against any of the lineman. Thats no excuse because Sullivan was playing in 3 of the 4 games in pre-season at guard then with less than 3 weeks before start of season Pucillo is starting and Sullivan is inactive ...........Whom ever made that decision is just one of the reasons that he should be fired.