X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajsdx
    • Aug 2003

If Henry is traded it'll be bad for team chemistry

Yet there is talk in Buffalo that Henry might be traded before next season to make room for McGahee. Donahoe denies that and says the Bills will find a way to get carries for both players.

"Travis has the mental toughness that you look for in a player," said Donahoe. "We need more guys like him. If we get more guys like him, we will get to where we want to get to. We don't have any decision to make. We'll go into next year with two outstanding running backs, and we'll see what happens."

As for Henry's teammates, there's no question where they stand on the issue.

"Anybody who thinks he should be traded is an idiot," said Ruben Brown, the Bills' perennial Pro Bowl guard. "He's as productive a runner as there is in the league, and he's as tough as they come. I mean, the guy is doing this on a broken leg. That's dedication and determination. He's a warrior."

Said Henry: "I'm not looking over my shoulder. All I can control is how hard I play. I believe I'm proving myself."
    -CBS Sportsline

That said, is there room in one backfield for both backs? Will they get along knowing getting that carries in the NFL is a zero sum game? Obviously the players'll be pissed if he gets traded, but the Pats did all right after getting rid of their unanimously elected captain.
    Last edited by ajsdx; 12-09-2003, 05:13 PM.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

No :angry:ing way should Henry be traded. He is a monster, and we need to keep him on the roster. He lets his performance do the talking every week.

i don't know if we have room for both of them, or if they will get along. But i would far rather see Willis prove himself next season and then trade HIM and keep TH.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
      • Sep 2003

agree. keep henry . but keep willis too

he'll be a great 3rd down back for the next few years.

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

I'd like us to keep Henry too ... but if we get offered a Herschel Walker type deal for him ... I'd take that in a second.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ajsdx
          Yet there is talk in Buffalo that Henry might be traded before next season to make room for McGahee. Donahoe denies that and says the Bills will find a way to get carries for both players.
          I don't live in Buffalo- so I rely on print and internet sources- and the only sportsradio I get out of B-lo is the pre& Post game shows when I attend games.

Who or where are they talking abut trading Henry? (Other than message boards)

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
            • Sep 2003

That's what I'd like to know Dozer! I haven't seen one person in the organization talk about getting rid of Henry. (not that they would anyway)

I think it's just the media and some fans stirring stuff up. Maybe they are still thinking that since we drafted McGahee... but IMO the Bills would be stupid to trade Henry this offseason in favor of a back that may not get any snaps this season!

If this did happen, it would be one of the worst moves in franchise history!

Comment

• helmetguy
              Touch the helmet for luck
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Who or where are they talking abut trading Henry? (Other than message boards)
              I think it is all message board stuff, Doz. More of that Fantasy League/Madden2525 crap like we talked about Sunday.
              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i wish all these trade threads would cease.. he is 100% NOT going anywhere next year... period.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                X