X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

You guys are being too hard on Kearse

It seems to be a consensus around here that javon kearse is an injury plagued player. to be honest.. i have pretty much thought the same thing, really, because i have not paid that much attention.

i did some research though..

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

1999 Tennessee Titans 16 games started 14.5 sacks
    2000 Tennessee Titans 16 games started 11.5 sacks
    2001 Tennessee Titans 16 games started 10 sacks
    2002 Tennessee Titans 4 games played, 1 started (first of the year when he got hurt) he played in the final three games of the season, but didnt start. he played hurt to help his team, and that is where he got his two sacks.
    2003 Tennessee Titans 11 games started, 9.5 sacks (he missed two games because injury.. which is the same as moulds and henry)

TOTAL 47.5 sacks in basically 4 years. pretty damn impressive.

his reputation that we have been harping on has come because of one injury...he basically had an injury last year.. he tried to come back and help his team at the end of the year, by playing hurt, and picked up a couple sacks. he has started and played all year until a few weeks ago, when he missed two games. prior to that, he didnt miss a game for 3 years...

you could say that moulds is injury prone this year.. or that henry is injury prone.. he missed the end of the season his rookie year.. and missed games this year..

i am just starting to believe that his "injury prone" tag may be a bit unwarrented and premature.

i know that he may be tagged, and that he will cost a significant amount of money (clump, could you tell us about how much?), but i am starting to think that if we are really about 17 million under the cap, and he doesnt get tagged, it may be really worth taking a long hard look at the guy.

call me crazy.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I sure as hell wouldn't mind him coming here but I feel strongly that the Titans will tag him!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

does the titans salary cap allow them to just toss a tag on him? i would assume that tagging him would count like 5 mill or so against the cap for a one year deal.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Yeah it will be a hell of a cap hit to tag him but I think the fans will put too much pressure on the organization not to keep him. I just thhink they will do whatever it takes to clear enough space to do that even if that includes making some very questionable cuts.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

wow.. really sucks to see this.. take a look at the top of the article.

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
            New and Improved!!
            • Aug 2003

I kinda figured they wouldn't let him go. Same situation with Manning after this season.
            Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

They will release Eddie George if they have too to keep Kearse

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i want him.. damn it.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jul 2003

Say the Titans tank the end of the season and dont make the playoffs and we do???????????

Then the whole picture may change in Tenessee.

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

Savior do you have any money at all? If you do please go and buy a clue! Your optimistic view is nice but their is a fine line between being optimistic and being a
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Voltron
                      Savior do you have any money at all? If you do please go and buy a clue! Your optimistic view is nice but their is a fine line between being optimistic and being a
                      If you dont like my view of optimism you negative nancy boy you should buy a vagina and go cry with the other women who think the season is over.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

wow.. this thread went south quick.. volt.. are you pms-ing?.. you dont typically snap at people like that.

Comment

Working...
                        X