PDA

View Full Version : The Bills coachs are not letting Watson play to his strength.

Novacane
10-04-2002, 09:00 AM
He is a bigger CB yet they are playing him 10-12 yards off the reiciever. Why not put him right up on the line so he can use his size to get a chuck on the reicievers instead of just letting them get into thier routes?

Gray has to wake up and be like Gilbride. KG uses schemes that play to his players strengths. Why not the D?

ublinkwescore
10-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Alright, you can thank me for the Zonebuck any time you'd like.

Novacane
10-04-2002, 09:27 AM
Huh?

casdhf
10-04-2002, 09:30 AM
what do you suggest we do with him? Leave him alone on the outside and let him get burnt deap? Keeping things infront of him are fine with me. If they keep doing 8 yard outs while he is back, one of these times Watson will read it and end up scoring 6.

BillC
10-04-2002, 09:31 AM
Play to his strength?

Fair Catches?

WG
10-04-2002, 09:50 AM
"Why not put him right up on the line so he can use his size to get a chuck on the reicievers instead of just letting them get into thier routes?"

Yeah right!

His WR would be 20 yards downfield ahead of him in no time.

I agree that they're not playing him to his strength which is on the weakest WR on the field at the time! Instead, he's on the Rod Smiths and Derrick Alexander's and the Booker's.

He's mismatched against anything more than the most average of NFL WRs and even then he's proven that he cannot hang.

Just keep reminding yourself that he was never brought here as a CB, but as a return man!

Novacane
10-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Just keep reminding yourself that he was never brought here as a CB, but as a return man!

I thought he was only brought in as a punt catcher?

THATHURMANATOR
10-04-2002, 10:17 AM
I don't know guys I couldn't really evaluate Watson at the two home games do to extreme intoxication but the road games I watched I really didn't think he was terrible??

The_Philster
10-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Gee THURM.....you? extremely intoxicated? I'm shocked at the idea...shocked I say. :D