PDA

View Full Version : If Jerry Gray really said this.................

Novacane
10-04-2002, 09:04 AM
He needs to have his head examined! According to the Buffalo news.............................

"The thing I want people to do is keep throwing at Chris because he's going to start making plays," said defensive coordinator Jerry Gray.

He WANTS teams to keep going after Watson? WHoose side is he on?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021004/1004722.asp

:hitself:

casdhf
10-04-2002, 09:07 AM
What else is he supposed to say? "Well, ya see, Watson sucks. We really don't want to put him on the field, but those other scrub CBs we have suck too. Lets hope the Raiders run alot."

He's gotta back his players, duh. :rolleyes:

:D

casdhf
10-04-2002, 09:10 AM
I do agree with this though:

The Bills have not considered shifting Watson inside against the slot receiver, where he would be less exposed and help is more available. Winfield is much better in the slot because he's the most physical and reliable tackler among the Bills' cornerbacks. He's in better position there to make plays against the run or blitz off the corner.

Winfield was stuffing the outside run. He drove himself under blockers and still made the tackles.

Novacane
10-04-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
What else is he supposed to say? "Well, ya see, Watson sucks. We really don't want to put him on the field, but those other scrub CBs we have suck too. Lets hope the Raiders run alot."

He's gotta back his players, duh. :rolleyes:

:D

he could say nothing cas:shout:

Novacane
10-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

Winfield was stuffing the outside run. He drove himself under blockers and still made the tackles.

YEah.....he was great Sunday!

Novacane
10-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

he could say nothing cas:shout:

or he could give some BS about Chris is giving his best blah blah blah.................

but to say "oh we want teams to keep throwing at him...................."

Guess what Jerry! I guarantee you are going to get your wish!

casdhf
10-04-2002, 09:18 AM
I like how he's backing his guys though....whether Watson sucks or not, he's gotta feel alot better knowing his coach has faith in him

Novacane
10-04-2002, 09:23 AM
Maybe? Gray and GW do have a point that he has not been burned deep. Just the short stuff. If he can just make a couple int's it will help this D immensly! Than maybe they would go after Winfield and Clements once in a while so they can make some int's!

WG
10-04-2002, 09:57 AM
He has been burned deep! Just b/c the QBs don't hit his man. I'm tellin' ya, and watch this Sunday, he lets his man go frequently. It's only a matter of time before he gets ripped for a TD.

This isn't the game to find that out! Let's experiment v. Houston!

WG
10-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Gray should make the bold move and put Watson on the pine! :D

THATHURMANATOR
10-04-2002, 10:12 AM
who WYS would you suggest they put in instead of watson?

Novacane
10-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Bostic? Can he be any worse?

Kelly The Dog
10-04-2002, 10:30 AM
yeah, they put Bostic in for one play and he got burnt deep for 33 yards. It would have been an easy TD too but the pass was outside and receiver went out of bounds himself.

bduff54
10-04-2002, 12:31 PM
forget bostic, bledsoetoreed do you think by jerry gray saying that, the raiders are sitting at home going " my god we never thought of that, thanks jerry."?

casdhf
10-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Yeah wys, who is a better option than Watson?? Leave Keith Newman in and hope our defense will dictate their offense? I really doubt it.

Bufftp
10-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Watson- every dog has his Day
tommorow will be his day!

The_Philster
10-05-2002, 04:33 PM
I hope you're right Bufftp.....he was decent at CB before this season. I felt secure at that position with him in there.

Typ0
10-05-2002, 04:42 PM
I don't see a problem with what Gray is saying. I have seen Watson make a lot of plays. He is out there making plays. A few weeks ago he was matched up against Randy Moss and he made two good plays one stopping a TD. Chris Watson makes plays. The problem is there are other times he is not making the plays and he is getting beat. He needs to be more consistent. Everyone coming down on him saying he sucks so bad and he has never done anything is very unfair...especially for a punt catcher.

Novacane
10-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
Watson- every dog has his Day
tommorow will be his day!

I predict he will make the Bills first int. of the season tomorrow and take it for a TD!

Novacane
10-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Of course thats my heart talking not my head!

Halbert
10-06-2002, 04:49 AM
Thank you, Typ0.

Watson is not a bad CB. In fact, he's a very solid #3 and could start for a bunch of teams. He's had a handful of plays I'm sure he'd like back but he's definitely a play maker. Even in these past few games if you watch the games again you'll see he's making plays all over the field and has been rock solid on special teams.

I'd suggest to anyone who's jumping on his back to give him some slack and start noticing the bunch of plays plays he's making as opposed to the few he's had problems with. He'll get that corrected.

Typ0
10-06-2002, 08:24 AM
I'll admit I was getting quite concerned last week. It sure looked like Chris Watson was the difference between a stop and a first down too many times in a row. But then he got hurt and no one came in to replace him. That really concerns me. And when I say no one I mean no one. I thought they called penalties for not having enough men on the field. They called out Bostics name but I didn't see him on the field...the Bears noticed he wasn't there too. This is clearly an area we can be exploited in.

casdhf
10-06-2002, 08:44 AM
As long as he doesn't get dejected from all the penalties and small plays they make ahead of him, he'll be fine