PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead...

ajsdx
12-10-2003, 02:27 PM
From ESPN.com:

"Associated Press
DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Fiedler tested his sore left knee Wednesday and expects to start against Philadelphia.

During Sunday's loss at New England, Fiedler aggravated a knee injury that sidelined him for four games this season.

"It came up a little sore after the game, but I expect to be ready to go by the weekend," Fiedler said.

Fiedler took all his turns during Wednesday's half-speed drills. He is listed as questionable on the injury report, suggesting a 50 percent chance he'll miss Monday night's game.

"Everything that has happened with Jay the last couple of days has been very positive," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "But I would wait until after Thursday's practice to see."

Also listed as questionable is defensive tackle Tim Bowens, who missed Sunday's game with a calf strain. Bowens is expected to practice Thursday, and Wannstedt said he's optimistic he'll play against the Eagles.

Defensive end Jason Taylor (shoulder) and linebackers Zach Thomas (hip), Junior Seau (shoulder and finger) and Morlon Greenwood (thigh) were all listed as probable, meaning a 75 percent chance they'll play."

Just wondering what you guys thought about the Dolphins' QB situation. Seems like both guys have had their day in the sun (Griese vs. SD, Fiedler vs. Dallas), but both are relatively inconsistent. Personally, I think this is the best situation for anti-Fin fans -- neither QB has the full confidence of the team/coaching staff, making it a full-blown QB controversy. Both have also struggled recently. This plus the weather change could make it another happy day in Buffalo come 12/21.

casdhf
12-10-2003, 04:16 PM
I'm more worried about Steve McNair

Voltron
12-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Yep we need to worry about this weeks game. If we don't win then the only thing we have to play for against Miami is pride. If the team is out of the Playoff hunt all together come the Fin game I wonder if their heart will be in to it?

TigerJ
12-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Steve McNair is not practicing all week. He has a sprained ankle and a cracked bone spur and is listed as doubtful for the game with the Bills. With his bad wheels he may not be any more mobile than Drew Bledsoe.

The Miami situation reminds me of Johnson/Flutie. Both have their moments, but neither one is effective all the time. Couldn't happen to a more deserving team. LOL Let's hope that when the Bills play them what whoever is QB is having one of his off days. Ricky no longer seems to be the superman who can bail them out either.

ajsdx
12-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Yeah, definitely one game at a time. I think we'll have trouble with the Titans because I'm almost positive McNair will play no matter what. Even with his limited mobility, he still inspires the rest of the team, and Fisher is one of the best motivators in the game as well (I have a few Titan "friends" who never cease to let me know). I mean, they almost beat a much healthier Indy team despite 3 fumbles on S.T.

As for Miami, as long as it snows about 6 feet the night before they have no chance of winning.