Atlanta has the right idea...here is why!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Atlanta has the right idea...here is why!

They now can start their Head Coaching search early and have all of the top prospects to choose from. Granted, I've heard that Green will probably get the job, but think about it...they can talk to Saban, Ferentz, Coughlin, Stoops, & Green before anybody else even has a chance. Man, I wish Gregg was fired already!
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

The idea wasn't Atlanta's ... it was Reeves. Reeves quit after being told he wouldn't be brought back next year.

Plus ... Atlanta has been eliminated from the playoffs so they can make this move ... we still have a chance (slim, but improving every week), so firing the coach now would not look good to potential candidates.

Comment

• Voltron
      • Jul 2002

According to Inside the NFL last night on HBO Saban and Green are on the short list.

As far as Williams is concerned. I am not a fan of his BUT the team continues to play for him and give it their all. do you really think Henry would be running on a broken leg if he had no confidence in his coach? Heck we don't work with this guy every day. It could really be all KGs fault and GW is getting a bad rep. The only problem I see with him so far this year is his inability to rein in KG and his pass happy O when all they talked about all off-season was becoming a power running team. If Greg gets fired it will because he can't manage the game time decisions and his mis-management of his other coaches. Not because of any problems in the Locker room between him and his players.
      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

KG will take the fall...the problem with GW is his lack of offensive philosophy and his game day decisions.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

I agree 100%. I blame KG a hell of a lot more but GW has to step in way sooner than he did. Can't let friendship get in the way. The team hasn't quit a la the Giants which is always a good sign of character. I actually think that overall his game time decisions have gotten better, albeit not great. His mis-management of coaches is his biggest flaw.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

GW is the head coach. If he's listening to bad play calling by KG then IMO it's ultimately GW's fault. He's the 'leader' that everyone is looking to-
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

The team quit earlier in the season. They looked lifeless against the Eagles, Jets, and even the Chiefs. We were all saying that it looked like they gave up. Somehow that spark seemed to come back and after the bye week, the defense has really woke up. However, that slump in the middle of the season cost the Bills the playoffs and it is inexcusable.

FIRE THE COACH!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

bill belicheck was not always a great coach.. he was fired in cleveland.. he learned how to become one though.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

As long as KG is gone, ill be happy.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

They looked pathetic overall against the Jets and the Chiefs. I think the offense has had more lifeless moments than the defense. I think it's partly because of self doubt. This could very well be due to lack of confidence in scheme. You see how excited they look when they're running the ball. The defense actually played solid, not great but solid, against Philly. Unfortunately, the one big play they gave up was the last play of the game. It was something like a 40 or 60 yard run off tackle. A couple of missed tackles and game over. That was just heartbreaking.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      bill belicheck was not always a great coach.. he was fired in cleveland.. he learned how to become one though.
                      are u comparing Gregg to Bill Belichek???!?!!

are u nuts?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                        They looked pathetic overall against the Jets and the Chiefs. I think the offense has had more lifeless moments than the defense. I think it's partly because of self doubt. This could very well be due to lack of confidence in scheme. You see how excited they look when they're running the ball. The defense actually played solid, not great but solid, against Philly. Unfortunately, the one big play they gave up was the last play of the game. It was something like a 40 or 60 yard run off tackle. A couple of missed tackles and game over. That was just heartbreaking.

Yeah, but everyone keeps saying that they haven't given up on him. Personally, I think that they are winning now IN SPITE of Gregg Williams, not because of him. I don't see anything in him that makes me think... "Wow! What a motivator."

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          It helped him to be able to hook up with Parcells and learn all the tricks of the trade. Same with Shanahan going from being fired by the Raiders to being on the 49ers staff and learning from Seifert and Walsh, who was there as a consultant then. If Gregg can do the same, he could become as successful in the right circumstances as those two.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282

Yeah, but everyone keeps saying that they haven't given up on him. Personally, I think that they are winning now IN SPITE of Gregg Williams, not because of him. I don't see anything in him that makes me think... "Wow! What a motivator."
                            I agree. They're auditioning for the next coach....and using Henry is a bad example of someone who is "giving their all". He has McGahee nipping at his heels. He has the most to lose.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282

I don't think the defense is playing hard in spite of him. It may not be him they're playing for either though. It could be Gray or Lebeau as well. I think the fact that they've kept their intesity up for most of the year says a lot. Maybe it's just the players rallying around each other too. I have no idea if he's a motivator or not. The only time I see him is on the sideline on Sundays which isn't where the motivating takes place. That's done in the locker rooms before games and before and after practice. I don't think he's a great coach by any means. I don't think there's zero chance of that happening either though. A lot of coaches go through learning curves again once they become the head guy. I've been disappointed with him this year and won't say it's a mistake if he's fired. I think the bigger culprit is Gilbride though. This team does have quite a bit of character and it really remains to be determined who's most responsible for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X