• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Bottom Line: Goalies

It's finally gotten to the point where I don't like any of these three guys.

Biron: He's a great guy. Probably great in the locker room. But he has at least one horrible brain cramp every game. He is playing worse now than ever before (even though at the start of the season he was playing well). In all seriousness, he needs to see a sports psychologist to see what it takes to get a killer instinct. Probably the least marketable of all three goalies.

Miller: Sure he's tearing up the AHL. BFD. He looked like a minor league goalie last night, and was out of position numerous times. The AHL is not doing anything for him. We may need to play him here and take our lumps to see if he develops, but that would be painful. Perhaps it's time to trade him now, as he is probably our most marketable goalie.

Mika: Solid, but not spectacular. Mika is an average goalie that doesn't make many stupid mistakes, like Biron. But Mika isn't gonna steal you many games either.

How about Miller and Satan for Cujo, if Detroit picks up half of Cujo's salary?
  • fushetti
    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
    • Feb 2003

EE, how can u possibly give up on Miller already?

Biron, i've had enough.

Mika needs to play more before I make an assessment on him. He's finally playing with confidence up here and its showing with his numbers.
    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

I'm not giving up on him, I'm just saying that the AHL isn't doing him any good.

If we play him now, and he doesn't improve, then his trade value will drop.

We need to get rid of one of these guys. Now.

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

Re: Bottom Line: Goalies

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        It's finally gotten to the point where I don't like any of these three guys.

Biron: He's a great guy. Probably great in the locker room. But he has at least one horrible brain cramp every game. He is playing worse now than ever before (even though at the start of the season he was playing well). In all seriousness, he needs to see a sports psychologist to see what it takes to get a killer instinct. Probably the least marketable of all three goalies.

Miller: Sure he's tearing up the AHL. BFD. He looked like a minor league goalie last night, and was out of position numerous times. The AHL is not doing anything for him. We may need to play him here and take our lumps to see if he develops, but that would be painful. Perhaps it's time to trade him now, as he is probably our most marketable goalie.

Mika: Solid, but not spectacular. Mika is an average goalie that doesn't make many stupid mistakes, like Biron. But Mika isn't gonna steal you many games either.

How about Miller and Satan for Cujo, if Detroit picks up half of Cujo's salary?

This Post Should Be "Blue Line : No Defense"

I wastched Miller He Kept the sabres in it till the thrid period where they decided to stop playing defense.
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

I was told that Biron was going to be traded to Anaheim....and its suppose to happen sometime soon.

I dont have a reasonable source but 3 seperate people in school heard about it from somewhere.

Biron & a stick of gum for jiggy!
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

That was supposed to happen a month ago. In other words it's old news that probably won't happen.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

shhhh, it still might.
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

we continue to play like last night and one of these goalies will be gone soon.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Amen to that brother!

Comment

• sabreshockey096
                    • Oct 2003

i think buffalo should trade one of the goalies for a defensemen and i wonder if regier has ted nolans phone number he was a good coach for buffalo
                    http://www.myspace.com/krixside

Comment

• JD
                      Sabres Zone
                      • Sep 2003

why did nolan leave ne way?

Comment

• sabreshockey096
                        • Oct 2003

if anyone watched around the horn on espn today kevin blackistone won and he said it was NHL coach firing season and wanted to why nobody calls ted nolan why cant buffalo call him he left cuz hasek didnt like him hasek is gone so bring nolan back
                        http://www.myspace.com/krixside

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                          I was told that Biron was going to be traded to Anaheim....and its suppose to happen sometime soon.

I dont have a reasonable source but 3 seperate people in school heard about it from somewhere.

Biron & a stick of gum for jiggy!
                          Hockey Night in Canada, second Period.

Satelite remote - John Davidson from New York, Al Strachan from Vancouver, Ron McClean from Toronto, and JD Sabrefan from the school cafeteria.......

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

It was quite pathetic last night- did you see Detroit's lineup?

They were talking about how Detroit's farm club affiliates were all scrambling for enough bodies to play- It seemed half their lineup was knocked out.

If this injury bug continues, they may be forced to keep Cujo out of necessity

Comment

• SkateZilla
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              It was quite pathetic last night- did you see Detroit's lineup?

They were talking about how Detroit's farm club affiliates were all scrambling for enough bodies to play- It seemed half their lineup was knocked out.

If this injury bug continues, they may be forced to keep Cujo out of necessity

Lmao I Would Love to See this Happen

Keep CUJO, and Send HASEK down..

lmao

he shoulda Stayed Retired..

Its Awful Selfish of him to come out of retirement and just barge into detroit and try and take CUJO's Spot.

He Shoulda Went somewhere that needed a goalie..

I Personally Wouldnt have minded if hasek was in net for us getting (EDIT: Whooped) ..

lmao it would be payback..
                              Last edited by SkateZilla; 12-11-2003, 08:46 PM.
                              Skate Zilla
                              -----------------------
                              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
                              X