PDA

View Full Version : Very nice Christmas Gesture! (Go Browns)

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 10:42 AM
I have a very close relationship with my boss. She’s a very cool lady. Her sister and her sister’s family live down in Cleveland and I’m always telling her to razz her sister about the Browns. They have season tickets. Truth is, I kind of like the Browns and they both know it. So I tell my boss yesterday that we need the Browns to come through big time and beat the Broncos this week because it will do wonders for our playoff chances. She tried to call her sister so we could both tell her we need the Browns to win. Well she wasn’t home at the time. So last night, I guess my boss talks to her and gives her a little bit of the lowdown. About an hour ago, I get called into her office and she puts her sister on speaker phone. First time I’ve ever talked to the women. I explained the situation and let me tell you she blew my socks off with her football knowledge. She also said that you never know what you’re going to get with the Browns, but that they’ll do their part to root them on to a win.

Then she tells me that she was telling her husband about all of this last night and he said that since I’m such a fan, it would be a nice Christmas gesture to GIVE me their tickets to the December 21 Browns / Ravens game. I guess she discussed it with my boss last night and she told them that if there wasn’t a home Bills game that day, I’d take them in a second. Which is true. However it’s the Bills Vs. Dolphins game and I wouldn’t miss that one for a MILLION DOLLARS! She totally understood and acknowledged that Bills/Fins is going to be a great game. She said that she’ll remember me next season.

Regardless, I was really touched by the offer. People I never met or even spoke to, were ready to give me their football tickets. I don’t know, I thought it was very nice.

Earthquake Enyart
12-11-2003, 11:05 AM
:z:

Ebenezer
12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Browns play here against the Bills next year.

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
:z:

Sorry, the Right clicker on my mouse is broken so I can’t cut and paste today!

BAM
12-11-2003, 11:25 AM
highlight what you want to cut or copy and press CTRL+C (copy) or CTRL+X (cut).
to paste it hit CTRL+V

:D

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
highlight what you want to cut or copy and press CTRL+C (copy) or CTRL+X (cut).
to paste it hit CTRL+V

:D

it was an inside joke!

Earthquake Enyart
12-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
it was an inside joke!

:rofl:

I had a chance to see the debut of Rex Grossman this week, but I have to work. :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
12-11-2003, 01:20 PM
GO BROWNS!!!

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I had a chance to see the debut of Rex Grossman this week, but I have to work. :mad:

I take it you've been to Soldier field before?

That's one place I need to be before I expire!

Mr. Miyagi
12-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I've been to the old one, in a game where the Bears beat Drew and the Pats a few years back.

I hear the new stadium is amazing though.

Pride
12-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Browns are my #2 team... a distant #2, but number 2 just the same.

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Browns are my #2 team... a distant #2, but number 2 just the same.

Same here, They don't come close to the Bills, but I still follow them a little.

Mr. Miyagi
12-11-2003, 01:46 PM
My very distant #2 team is Detroit. :mad:

ShadowHawk7
12-11-2003, 01:53 PM
I have a very close relationship with my boss. She’s a very cool lady. Her sister and her sister’s family live down in Cleveland and I’m always telling her to razz her sister about the Browns. They have season tickets. Truth is, I kind of like the Browns and they both know it. So I tell my boss yesterday that we need the Browns to come through big time and beat the Broncos this week because it will do wonders for our playoff chances. She tried to call her sister so we could both tell her we need the Browns to win. Well she wasn’t home at the time. So last night, I guess my boss talks to her and gives her a little bit of the lowdown. About an hour ago, I get called into her office and she puts her sister on speaker phone. First time I’ve ever talked to the women. I explained the situation and let me tell you she blew my socks off with her football knowledge. She also said that you never know what you’re going to get with the Browns, but that they’ll do their part to root them on to a win.

Then she tells me that she was telling her husband about all of this last night and he said that since I’m such a fan, it would be a nice Christmas gesture to GIVE me their tickets to the December 21 Browns / Ravens game. I guess she discussed it with my boss last night and she told them that if there wasn’t a home Bills game that day, I’d take them in a second. Which is true. However it’s the Bills Vs. Dolphins game and I wouldn’t miss that one for a MILLION DOLLARS! She totally understood and acknowledged that Bills/Fins is going to be a great game. She said that she’ll remember me next season.

Regardless, I was really touched by the offer. People I never met or even spoke to, were ready to give me their football tickets. I don’t know, I thought it was very nice.

:o: :eek: :shakeno: :drool: :cynic: :z: :huh:

that was the most boring post. Ever. nuff said. :peace:

somebody throw a rock at me to wake me up. :stone:

Somebody flush Patrick to wake him up. :flush:

A hammer wud work too. :hammeru:

O mebe :loblo: would do the trick.

Sry, patrick, ur posts are usually good, but a speech by Dave Wansted about this year being "special" would be more interesting than reading that poop post. I give u a :1:. Barely.

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 02:03 PM
You said NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!

That's a 100 ZB fine!

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Sorry, it's 200! and I'm going to start collecting!

Tatonka
12-11-2003, 02:18 PM
rofl.. yeah.. that was a cheese ball post.. but its ok.. we are used to crappy posts by him..

:lol: :jk:

IHateTheDullphins
12-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Pickins are thin these days. It's not like it was in preseason

Patrick76777
12-11-2003, 02:34 PM
I just read the post again,

Yeah it sucks. I'm sorry, I'll try better next time!

Earthquake Enyart
12-11-2003, 02:39 PM
I just read the post again,

Yeah it sucks. I'm sorry, I'll try better next time!

Da Bears are my distant second team, although they almost lost it when they cut Jim Miller. :down:

I think Grossman is the real deal. It will be interesting to see how he does.

The_Philster
12-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Same here, They don't come close to the Bills, but I still follow them a little.
That makes three of us.

TigerJ
12-11-2003, 06:49 PM
So, Patrick, when the Browns play the Bills next season is your boss going to give you an ultimatum, "Root for the Browns in this one or you're fired!"