PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Gallo trashes Buffalo

SMM
12-11-2003, 10:54 AM
DIRECTOR RAGES AT HOME TOWN

VINCENT Gallo has no kind words for his snow-swept hometown of Buffalo, N.Y. - which he immortalized in the 1998 movie "Buffalo 66."
"It's ridiculous, inbred, like 'Deliverance' with smokestacks," said the indie icon. "I take a [bleep] on the city."

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix_u.htm

TedMock
12-11-2003, 11:06 AM
I watched an interview with him once and he's a whiney little baby. His mother's a die hard Bills fan and he's always felt neglected and 2nd to football....blah, blah, blah. Anyway, the story about his sister is obviously incomplete. Anybody with a brain knows that there's more we don't know yet. Maybe this family is just a bunch of psycho scumbags but maybe there's a hell of a lot more to it that justifies the punishment.

IHateTheDullphins
12-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Who is this A-hole again? Oh yeah, who gives a $h1t.

SMM
12-11-2003, 11:10 AM
I met his high school film teacher once, she said he was the biggest pain in the arse whiney student she had in 25 years of teaching.

Ebenezer
12-11-2003, 11:11 AM
I never doubted he had these views. Buffalo66 was a direct slap in the face...except the scene of Christine Ricci dancing at the bowling alley.

BAM
12-11-2003, 11:34 AM
**** him and his ****ty movies.

Eat me, Vincent. :mad:

R. Rich
12-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I never doubted he had these views. Buffalo66 was a direct slap in the face...except the scene of Christine Ricci dancing at the bowling alley.

I remember that scene. That was before she decided to adopt the emaciated model look, back when she looked normal and actually had a figure.

Ebenezer
12-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
I remember that scene. That was before she decided to adopt the emaciated model look, back when she looked normal and actually had a figure.

and who would have thought it was possible to dance so seductively to King Crimson's "moonchild" :idunno:

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-11-2003, 12:15 PM
First off, why would anyone be interested in what that inbred j-off has to say.

Secondly, I think he wants to hear from all of us:

http://www.vincentgallo.com/contact/

Earthquake Enyart
12-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Baghead, quit reading the Post. It only upsets you.

SABURZFAN
12-11-2003, 12:50 PM
vinnie and sherry ross ought to get a room.

AG75
12-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Oh gee Vincent, apparently you need to get in line, or did our dear friend Sherry edit that article?

Anyways, the man is a nutcase, and his last movie effort was crucified(Brown Bunny) to the extreme.

I did sort of like Buffalo 66 though.

Dozerdog
12-11-2003, 07:23 PM
That's too bad. I liked Gallo- He and his brothers made a great wine -in- a -box

imbondz
12-11-2003, 07:37 PM
anybody see the movie? I've wanted to rent it before, cuz it said Buffalo :idunno:

Dozerdog
12-11-2003, 07:39 PM
It's a dark comedy. I saw it late at night on cable. I have a sister (Wiener 52) who reminds me of the Angelica Houston character.

It's a provocateur's movie.

imbondz
12-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Who is this A-hole again? Oh yeah, who gives a $h1t.

:rofl:

AG75
12-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
anybody see the movie? I've wanted to rent it before, cuz it said Buffalo :idunno:

I liked it, but it's certainly not for everyone. Some people may lose patience with the Gallo character in the beginning of the movie "spanning time"..hehe..anyways, it's an unusual dark comedy but I kinda liked it.

Dozerdog
12-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Yeah, Aimee- I thought it was actually pretty funny-
My favorite was "Scott Wood" and what happened to him. :rofl:

Movie notes-

The Bowling Alley used in the movie was Recchio's lanes - site of the 2003 BillsZone draft party- and probably the site of the 2004 one as well. :up:

AG75
12-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Yeah, Aimee- I thought it was actually pretty funny-
My favorite was "Scott Wood" and what happened to him. :rofl:

Movie notes-

The Bowling Alley used in the movie was Recchio's lanes - site of the 2003 BillsZone draft party- and probably the site of the 2004 one as well. :up:

The Denny's scene was at the Denny's closest to my house.

My favorite part of the movie was the photo booth scene, and when they left his parents house and they kept kissing and hugging Layla and telling her how they love her and will miss her and he stood there ignored.

Dozerdog
12-11-2003, 09:25 PM
http://www.cinemavvenire.it/magazine/pic/678a3.jpg

http://www.xenon-kino.de/Medaia/buffalo66.05.jpg

Dozerdog
12-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by imbondz

Here's a review= It's in German- so it won't give it away.

http://www.xenon-kino.de/Seiten/buffalo66.html

Buffalo 66
»Buffalo 66«
USA 1998 • 110 Min.
Regie: Vincent Gallo
Buch: Vincent Gallo und Alison Bagnall
mit: Vincent Gallo, Christina Ricci (s.a. »The Opposite of Sex« und/oder "Sleepy Hollow«), Anjelica Houston, Ben Gazarra, Mickey Rourke (s.a. »Spun«), Rosanna Arquette, Jean-Michael Vincent
Kamera: Lance Acord
Schnitt: Curtiss Clayton
Musik: Vincent Gallo

Im Regelfall ist Skepsis angesagt, wenn sich ein Schauspieler hinter Kamera und auf den Regiestuhl schwingt und sich dazu bei seinem Debüt auch noch die Hauptrolle selbst verpasst, aber im Fall von »Buffalo 66« ist das Herrn Gallo so hervorragend gelungen, es ist fast schon rätselhaft wie er das hingekriegt hat. Alleine die Tatsache die ganze Zeit über so einem Verlierer beim Verlieren und Verschludern seines Lebens zuschauen zu müssen und es nervt kein bißchen - einfach faszinierend. Gallo kommt aus dem Knast und muß aufs Klo und findet keins und dann hat er eins und kann nicht mehr pinkeln. Dann kidnappt er spontan eine junge Frau (Christina Ricci ganz wunderbar), um sie vor seinen neurotischen Eltern als seine Braut auszugeben und dann passiert eine der seit langem schönsten Liebesgeschichten, so zärtlich und traurig - ach, wer einen Film wie »Buffalo 66« sich nicht anschaut ist selber schuld und wer ihn nicht mag hat ein Herz aus Stein, basta!

http://www.xenon-kino.de/Medaia/buffalo66.02.jpg

BAM
12-11-2003, 09:29 PM
:scratch:

du hast!

AG75
12-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
:scratch:

du hast!

:lol!:

Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt

Dozerdog
12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Frau (Christina Ricci ganz wunderbar):up:

zone
12-11-2003, 10:54 PM
That is too bad cause that movie was great IMO.

LABillsFan
12-12-2003, 01:44 AM
Why can't I find the article? Is the link outdated, or am I just blind.

eddiehaskill
12-12-2003, 11:41 AM
I know his sister personally. She owned a convienent store right in my neighborhood. She was always extremely nice to me. She is definitely a lesbian and I know that she used to take care of girls without families. Wierd ****. Vincent Gallo can go ***** himself though. He has no right to trash Buffalo after bouncing from it.

Drewpac
12-12-2003, 03:43 PM
That is a great movie. I used to think that guy was cool until he went and hated on Buffalo. He just lost my respect. I no longer live in Buffalo but I still hold the city close to my heart.

fushetti
12-12-2003, 03:51 PM
I've never heard Gallo trash Buffalo...in fact, i've heard the contrary... ESPN once did a piece on buffalo and their sports fans. highlighted in the piece was Vincent Gallo's mom. They interviewd him and he spoke nothing but good stuff about Buffalo and its sports fans. As for Buffalo 66, I loved the film. Whenever I want my girlfriend to leave me alone, I go "DON'T TOUCH ME, NEVER TOUCH ME, YOU GOT IT? DON'T TOUCH ME. WE'RE SPANNING TIME. WE SPAN TIME...SPAN TIME TOGETHER. DON'T TOUCH ME..."

Eb how was the movie a direct slap in the face of buffalo exactly?

Ebenezer
12-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
Eb how was the movie a direct slap in the face of buffalo exactly?

He made the city out to be a bunch of freaks that couldn't get over a superbowl loss and move on...we can't pull ourselves away from the TV during a game...the continued hatred of Scott Norwood...in ability of a grown person to communicate with his family...well, actually maybe it was an actual portrayl...

how do you think it reflected Buffalo in a positive light?

fushetti
12-12-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't think he made us out to be a "bunch of freaks". True, we still relive Super Bowl 25 every January when ESPN plays it back over and over, but that was our closest shot of being a winner. I don't think that makes us a bunch of freaks. As for the story, thats all I think it was, a story. Whenever something takes place in Buffalo, a movie I mean, its great. I don't think he slapped the city in the face at all.