Phrrronist.... which XBOX Hockey Game You Play Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Phrrronist.... which XBOX Hockey Game You Play Online?

The Sega one or the microsoft one?

(basically Rivals or ESPN)
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
  • pyrrhonist
    • Sep 2003

You must be talking to someone else, amigo, because my boardname isn't spelled like that!

Seriously, I don't play any hockey online anymore, because ESPN has zilch for slider customization. However, were you to buy it, I might reconsider, at least temporarily.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Anyone know how NHL 2004 Online playing is this year? I played 2003 last year and enjoyed it but Im not sure how this years will be.

The game has too many settings and control, and you cant always edited the certain buttons you want the actions to be
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
        Anyone know how NHL 2004 Online playing is this year? I played 2003 last year and enjoyed it but Im not sure how this years will be.

The game has too many settings and control, and you cant always edited the certain buttons you want the actions to be
        I Dunno i played Sega 2k3 on Xbox Live for a while..
        I kept my opponents down to a few (10 or 20) cuz there was alot of cheaters..
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
          • Sep 2003

I loathe the EA NHL series. EA's game is all about arcade gameplay, and now, they only seem to focus on "owner mode" in all of their game franchises. I prefer to play a game that plays close to the real sport, so that's why I've been playing Sega Sports' NHL2K for years now (Since the Dreamcast).

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

At least they improved hitting and fighting in their new one, Goalies get in on the action too!

woot woot!
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
              • Sep 2003

Wow, that's what I buy a hockey game for. The fighting is the last thing I care about in a hockey game.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

sorry, i love it

buy the game you will like it!

most realistic

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                  • Sep 2003

I've played it already, and it's not that great...IMO. EA has lost a step in their NHL games since '99. Thankfully, Sega was there to make a sim hockey game for us who wanted a game that has puck cycling, pinning on the boards, and play setup. Sadly, in EA's games, all one needs to do is a slapshot, and many times, it goes in.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                    • Dec 2002

Wel

Im Gonna Buy the ESPN NHL Hockey .

Which one.. Rivals Or ESPN?
                    Skate Zilla
                    -----------------------
                    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SkateZilla
                      • Dec 2002

well

ESPn has skills competition so Thats what im getting..
                      Skate Zilla
                      -----------------------
                      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                        • Sep 2003

I thought I had answered that already?

I have ESPN NHL, dude. If you get it, LMK, and we can set up some games. Remember, though, I'm on the West Coast.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                          • Dec 2002

cool..
                          i got it..

its nice.. a bit harder than NHl 2k3 though but pretty much the same..

i think the same cheat codes are being used as well..

i was up 2-0 on some guy..
                          the screen stuttered a little and all of a sudden he's flying down the ice and he gets in my goalies face and gets a goal, he did this like 3 times...

I Scored 2x, then he scored 2x, then i scored on a time timer with 30 seconds left.. he won the face off and went behind his net screen flickered again and he zoomed down the ice and scored.. same thing happened in the OT.. and it wasnt lag either.. it's some ghetto cheat code.. lmao.. this is why i only play within a circle of friends that i know dont cheat..

other than that.. i took satan for a round on the accuracy challenges and beat all of them 9/9 hits on the targets.. lmao easy

so when ever you want i'll play if in online..

just gimme times.. impractically home 24/7 now anyway..

cept im leaving for Niagra Falls (Then Buffalo) On December 30/31 and I'll be at the Sabres/Anahiem Game with a big sig that says.... "Skate Zilla Says : Bench Miro and Fire Ruff" :) (well maybe just the fire ruff part.. depending on how well satan plays till then.
                          Last edited by SkateZilla; 12-16-2003, 01:04 AM.
                          Skate Zilla
                          -----------------------
                          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                            • Sep 2003

No prob. I'm usually available on weeknights between 8-10pm PST. On weekends, I'm hit and miss.

In regards to the differences between 2K3 and ESPN, be wary of one-timers. The goalie A.I. doesn't react too well. I have to use manual goalie control to stop them 1/2 of the time. Just be wary of the cheaters online who try and take advantage of gameplay glitches such as this to win.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Ya, I really miss the skills competition in EA Sports games.

Comment

Working...
                              X