X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Speedy Wideout needed

There has been a lot of talk about our offensive needs, especially at WR.

I would like to know everyones oppinion on who you would like to see us get, whether it be through FA or the college Draft.

I honestly don't know enough about who is out there to make a judgement, but I have seen a bit of this Fitgerald fella, though it seems he may go too high for us to pick..

• SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

fitsgerald will be gone by the team we pick

Comment

• BillsNick
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
      fitsgerald will be gone by the team we pick

That's what I figured. Too bad, he is truly amazing.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
        New and Improved!!
        • Aug 2003

Dennis Northcutt will be available in the offseason, and he's got some wheels. Might be kinda cheap too.
        Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• ryven
          • Jan 2003

can someone explain why we need a WR

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

option 1 - darrell jackson
            option 2 - dennis northcutt.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

btw, there is no sense in drafting one.. WRs take years to develop, unless you get a rarity like moss or boldin..

we already have reed and aikens... we dont need more young guys.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ryven
                Nice Ryven, hes rite, we need to focus on a better, more solid OL and DL. Rite now Peerless couldn't get down the field without a sack.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I don't think a speed receiver is the top need for the Bills, but I think it could help out the passing game. After almost two full seasons, I'm convinced that Reed will never be more than a possession receiver. I don't mean that as an insult, but he's just not a game breaker and he doesn't force defences to make special accommodations. When you have players that force the other team to do something out of the ordinary, it opens other things up. Aiken is the same way. He's Reed with about 4 more inches of height.

There are some guys Buffalo might pick up later in the draft. Ohio State had a WR named Drew Carter who is one of the fastest players in the country. He's 6'4" to boot. Physically, he's a Randy Moss clone. He's not been as productive as a college player. He entered college too light and he's been somewhat injury prone. The Bills might be able to pick him up in the latter rounds because he blew a knee in October. He won't contribute much next year, but if he can put his injury behind him, he could be special later. Unlike, Moss, he's supposed to be a high character guy.

Jeremiah Cockeran is a WR from Hawaii who runs a sub 4.3 40. He's smaller, about the size of Peerless Price, but has been very productive for the Rainbow Warriors. Hopefully, Buffalo will have a new OC next year, but if they don't revamp their offence, Cockeran plays under run and shoot guru, June Jones. He's used to making the kind of reads that Gilbride expects on his receivers. That just might help his learning curve.
                  Last edited by TigerJ; 12-12-2003, 11:11 PM.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    option 1 - darrell jackson
                    option 2 - dennis northcutt.

Very good options..

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                      New and Improved!!
                      • Aug 2003

We need a speed demon who can stretch the field. It's not our top issue, but I would say it's an issue that must be addressed this offseason. We don't have any speed at reciever.
                      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• ryven
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

We need a speed demon who can stretch the field. It's not our top issue, but I would say it's an issue that must be addressed this offseason. We don't have any speed at reciever.
                        antonio brown.

Comment

• ryven
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Nice Ryven, hes rite, we need to focus on a better, more solid OL and DL. Rite now Peerless couldn't get down the field without a sack.
                          Thank you very much its just Reed is starting to come along and we have moulds. If we go with a run first Offense then what we have will do just fine.

Comment

• BillsNick
                            • Jul 2003

antonio brown.
                            He's fast but he's very small. They won't utilize him at wideout, but it would be interesting to see them try it.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              I don't think a speed receiver is the top need for the Bills, but I think it could help out the passing game. After almost two full seasons, I'm convinced that Reed will never be more than a possession receiver. I don't mean that as an insult, but he's just not a game breaker and he doesn't force defences to make special accommodations. When you have players that force the other team to do something out of the ordinary, it opens other things up. Aiken is the same way. He's Reed with about 4 more inches of height.

There are some guys Buffalo might pick up later in the draft. Ohio State had a WR named Drew Carter who is one of the fastest players in the country. He's 6'4" to boot. Physically, he's a Randy Moss clone. He's not been as productive as a college player. He entered college too light and he's been somewhat injury prone. The Bills might be able to pick him up in the latter rounds because he blew a knee in October. He won't contribute much next year, but if he can put his injury behind him, he could be special later. Unlike, Moss, he's supposed to be a high character guy.

Jeremiah Cockeran is a WR from Hawaii who runs a sub 4.3 40. He's smaller, about the size of Peerless Price, but has been very productive for the Rainbow Warriors. Hopefully, Buffalo will have a new OC next year, but if they don't revamp their offence, Cockeran plays under run and shoot guru, June Jones. He's used to making the kind of reads that Gilbride expects on his receivers. That just might help his learning curve.
                              great post, Drew Carter would be PERFECT.
                              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡