PDA

View Full Version : Keep Williams, get the Freak? And new offseason senario.

ShadowHawk7
12-12-2003, 02:01 PM
If we finish 8-8 or higher, i'd sign Williams to one more year. One main reason of that is we mite get the the freak to sign for a bit less than he would w/ ne other team. (similar to Adams) Another thing is the past couple weeks he's looked like a actual coach, not sum loser taking notes on the game. Another thing is that the Bills play their hearts out for him, win or lose. One more thing if we get a coach from college, we mite have to wait for another 3 yrs. be4 we should be a contender. If williams gets the axe, i would lose no sleep if we got the newly humbled and selfless Coughlin, which may produce immediate results similar to Gruden. W/ getting the Freak, we wouldn't need to draft a DE. I think the the Freak came here, to the new surroundings, and a firmiliar coach, a new revitilized Kearse would take he field, not an injury prone one.
For the rest of the offseason, we should sign a competant C,(woody would be great but i don't know if we'd have the money.) resign Winfeild or get Bailey or Law. For the first round of the draft i'd get Sean Taylor. If he was gone, i'd go for Vernon Carrey, or a cornerback if we didnt resign Winfield and didn't get a FA. Round 2 I'd get a OG, SS, or DT depend on wut we got round 1. OG, SS, DT, or WR for round 3, depending on round 2. Round 4; QB, no questions.

Offseason Absolute Needs:
1: DE (kearse)
2: OG (carrey or 2nd rounder)
3: C (Woody of maybe Withrow)
4: SS (Taylor or 2nd rounder)
5: Resign Winfield or get bailey or Law.
6: fairly cheap speedy reciever (3th, 4th, or 5th round)

So wut do u guys think of that?

ryguy8161
12-12-2003, 04:18 PM
We couldn't ever afford that. I was listening to the Simon Cast today while Donahoe was on and he said the Bills are projected to be about 8-9 million under. Between Kearse, Winfield (Bailey Law), Woody and Taylor... thats a helluva lot more.

Throne Logic
12-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Another thing is the past couple weeks he's looked like a actual coach, not sum loser taking notes on the game. Another thing is that the Bills play their hearts out for him, win or lose.

Yes, they play hard. Is it for GW or despite him?

He's made at least one boneheaded decision in each of the last few games. Go back and see his choices on what calls to challenge and on what penalties to accept or decline. Or going for it on 4th down while in field goal range, which would have made it a two score lead ( I really don't care that they converted it - the decision to go for it was stupid).

Now, Kearse is going to go where Kearse wants to go, regardless of the coach. That means he's going to go where the cash is. Now if it comes down to two teams offering the same contract, maybe having Williams would sway his decision toward Buffalo. I'm not willing to bet our entire 2004 season on this.

Mr. Cynical
12-12-2003, 04:39 PM
OMG. PLeeeeeeeeease don't even THINK about wanting that loser coming back again next year. He SUCKS as a head coach. Period. Show him the door. Push him through. Shut it and lock it.

Tatonka
12-12-2003, 05:11 PM
that cap figure does not include whatever amount the cap goes up.. we could also chop a couple useless people like teague to save some money.

i would say that 15mill under the cap is not unreasonable. and if the deals were structured right, it could be done..

problem is, the chance of kearse NOT getting signed or franchised is the same as ours winning the superbowl this year.. it is a possiblity, but so slim, that it is almost not worth talking about.