PDA

View Full Version : Let's figure this out for Ralphs sake!

IHateTheDullphins
12-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Time to decide where you stand on the GW/KG issue.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2003, 09:51 AM
I'd say fire them both. But if Williams can guarantee he could get Kearse, keep him around and just rid of KG.

justasportsfan
12-13-2003, 09:54 AM
the goal was to get us to the playoffs. If we don't, GW must go. If we do (miracle) , then he's done his job. KG goes no matter what.

OpIv37
12-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I'd say fire them both. But if Williams can guarantee he could get Kearse, keep him around and just rid of KG.

I agree- I'd like to see Williams go but I could live with him as long as KG is gone. The defense is #1 in the NFL despite lack of turnovers- no reason to change anything there.

Halbert
12-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Zackly. And if we get the Freak that problem would be solved.

I'd say it will be about 3 posts before Tatonka begs to differ.

BillsNick
12-13-2003, 12:03 PM
I can live with GW, and I think that we won't see too many more bonehead calls like he's made in the past.

The_Philster
12-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Gilbride can't do the job without a head coach who will really keep him in check like Coughlin did. Even if we brought Coughlin in, I think Gilbride has screwed up too much to keep him.
As far as Williams, he came in here with all sorts of promises that he hasn't delivered on...like discipline and organization. He can't figure out how to make good challenges and has he ever made a halftime adjustment? The best coaches make their living off of motivation and halftime adjustments. Also, this team hasn't had the fire in their eyes most all season long.
Get rid of both Kevin Gilbride and Gretchen Williams

Historian
12-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Attach car batteries to both their testicles, and....

socalfan
12-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Gilbride can't do the job without a head coach who will really keep him in check like Coughlin did. Even if we brought Coughlin in, I think Gilbride has screwed up too much to keep him.
As far as Williams, he came in here with all sorts of promises that he hasn't delivered on...like discipline and organization. He can't figure out how to make good challenges and has he ever made a halftime adjustment? The best coaches make their living off of motivation and halftime adjustments. Also, this team hasn't had the fire in their eyes most all season long.
Get rid of both Kevin Gilbride and Gretchen Williams

Get rid of both of them! The sooner the better.

But for the right reasons....as Philster points out above. It isn't because we didn't make the playoffs, because then you logically would fire every coach that didn't....makes no sense. Just because players or fans think they can do it at the beginning of the season, doesn't mean the team will.

imbondz
12-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Get rid of both of them! The sooner the better.

But for the right reasons....as Philster points out above. It isn't because we didn't make the playoffs, because then you logically would fire every coach that didn't....makes no sense. Just because players or fans think they can do it at the beginning of the season, doesn't mean the team will.

not making the playoffs is a very good reason to fire GW. The Bills are not a 'rebuilding team', we have a solid offense and defense that should be producing more points, more takeaways, protecting the QB better...etc. Other than '99, the Bills have been a mediocre team for the past 10 years, and I think were so close to rising to the top of the NFL, and I'm :angry: and :madcurse: that it didn't happen this year. Fire the ******* and get a coach who can discipline this team, keep them focused for 16 games, and bring enthusiasm and authority to the sidelines. Just watching GW coach on the sidelines makes me ill. I'm not convinced at all that he is head coaching material in the NFL, a defensive coach, sure, head coach, no.

imbondz
12-13-2003, 08:39 PM
he is a reactive coach who makes poor decisions at decisive points of the game. and has yet to show that he can make halftime adjustments and get the team fired up for the second half.

Dozerdog
12-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Fire GW, bring in a new guy- let him decide who desrves to stay or go.

imbondz
12-13-2003, 08:40 PM
k, i'm done.

Dozerdog
12-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Hanging on to a loser coach just to lure a free agent is stupid. You might improve one position at the cost of hurting the rest of the team.

Would you have retained Wade Phillips to lure Sam Cowart to stay in Buffalo?

Halbert
12-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
Attach car batteries to both their testicles, and....
... drop them from a 12 story building?