PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Why!!

juice
12-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Shaw was attempting to display the ball after the catch which would have been correct before instant replay but in the 21st century you have to let the replay booth make that call. Ga Tech

IHateTheDullphins
12-14-2003, 04:06 PM
He had the ****in ball. That mother ****in fat **** has screwed us again.:madcloud:

Dozerdog
12-14-2003, 04:34 PM
It was the correct call- If that was Mason holding the ball up and dropping it at the end all of ya would be having different reaction.

That being said, the one sideline judge had his head up his ass all day. He makes a call that he's 5 feet away from- and then lets a ref 15-20 yards away change his mind. Then, later that quarter, doesn't have the balls to call the WR out of bounds on the titan's last drive.

Pride
12-14-2003, 04:36 PM
I understand why shaw did it... I dont blame him.

He probably knew it was a hard to see catch, and was trying to prove it before they blew it dead and an incompletion.

Actually, it was a heads up play in my book.

Shaw played well, he is an intelligent WR, and I am happy to have him on this team.

MTBillsFan
12-14-2003, 04:37 PM
he did the right thing, he just didn't hold on to the ball long enough...oh well we played a pretty darn good game still

Dozerdog
12-14-2003, 04:40 PM
I disagree- it was not a heads up play IMHO. It was more like a "running before you had the catch" deal. If ya have it in your mits in the end zone- just cradle it!!!

In the Pats game, a defender picked off a Jags pass and he started hoisting the ball up in celebration at the 15 before getting to the end zone. He was caught and tackled- The Pats eventually scored but it was a stupid play.

Shaw blew it. Had a great game to that poiint, but he blew it on that play

juice
12-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I understand why shaw did it... I dont blame him.

He probably knew it was a hard to see catch, and was trying to prove it before they blew it dead and an incompletion.

Actually, it was a heads up play in my book.

Shaw played well, he is an intelligent WR, and I am happy to have him on this team.

Replay Booth

Turf
12-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Maybe it will put an end to his showboating. It was a stupid move he made. The refs had to call it by the book because he didn't clearly show posession in the end zone after he caught it. Even if you catch it, get two feet in and stumble into the wall, when you hit the wall you better still have the ball, it's a new rule this year.

Typ0
12-14-2003, 06:05 PM
that move by shaw was garbage...if he would have kept the ball near his body it would have been two points.

juice
12-14-2003, 07:44 PM
The official was right there to make the call, and on that pushoff on clements looked like the reciever was out.

cablesabres68
12-15-2003, 06:45 AM
I thought the rule said you have to make a football move after catching the ball. Isn't getting touched a football move?

helmetguy
12-15-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by cablesabres68
I thought the rule said you have to make a football move after catching the ball. Isn't getting touched a football move?

You have to demonstrate control, just like anywhere else on the field. It's not the same as the "ground can't cause a fumble/incompletion."

juice
12-15-2003, 10:49 AM
You really have to have some level of control to attempt to display the ball to the official, which is what it looked like to me he was trying to do. I dont think that if he just cought the ball with his nomal motion, that official would have called it incomplete. Was there a reverse angle to show if he maintained control the entire catch?

BAM
12-15-2003, 11:34 AM
too many damn rules anymore.. its starting to get annoying

juice
12-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Anything correctable should go to the replay booth at any point in the game. The time wasted comes in when the ref is jerking around lookin into the camera.

helmetguy
12-15-2003, 11:55 AM
That play DID go immediately to the booth. Bottom line, had he just laid on it, it probably would have been called a catch. If not, the angle that showed he DID catch the ball would have confirmed the catch, or have been sufficient to overturn the incompletion. Since he was in CONTINUOUS motion, he had to maintain control until the official's signal or a whistle. Instead, doing what he did, it looked like he was trying to "steal" a trap into a catch. Bonehead move.

BAM
12-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Yah dumb move Shaw. nice one. way to go. idiot.

:jk:

he shouldn't have been in that position anyways, we should've held our lead and beat them. don't blame shaw for the loss, there were a lot of things we could've done differently, such as GIVING HENRY THE BALL. he was running it well yesterday...

juice
10-13-2004, 05:32 PM
One too many mistakes Bro... but was a clutch reciever on 3rd down. :doh: