PDA

View Full Version : If/when Greg is fired...

don137
12-14-2003, 04:23 PM
With 9 coaches on the chopping block if/when Gregg is fired I am concerned the Bills will be in very steep competition to get a good coach and be able to build an adequate coaching staff. While my gut feeling is GW has to go because of his bad game day decisions and letting KG single handely ruin the season I am concerned we can't get the coach we want and is able to take us to the next level due to the plethora of vacancies...

The_Philster
12-14-2003, 04:27 PM
First, please take off that "if" statement. It's sickening. Second, if we promoted LeBeau, it might not be our first choice but it wouldn't be a bad choice, IMO.

don137
12-14-2003, 04:29 PM
I'm not a fan of Lebeau. Lewis proved to me this year that Lebeau didn't bring out the best in there players. I actually would rather just have Roel and KG fired than hiring Lebeau as our HC

Pride
12-14-2003, 04:31 PM
Keep Lebaeu and JG for Defense.... Hire Tom Coughlin, and be done with it!

Of course KG should be gone by midnight tonight!

The_Philster
12-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by don137
I'm not a fan of Lebeau. Lewis proved to me this year that Lebeau didn't bring out the best in there players. I actually would rather just have Roel and KG fired than hiring Lebeau as our HC

I don't think it was just the coaching. Keep in mind that Mike Brown has given Lewis a larger say in how things are run than he's given anyone in years.

justasportsfan
12-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by don137
I'm not a fan of Lebeau. Lewis proved to me this year that Lebeau didn't bring out the best in there players. I actually would rather just have Roel and KG fired than hiring Lebeau as our HC Lewis had a great offseason w/ Fa acquisitions too.

I'd wouldn't mind keeping Lebeau for continuity.

Historian
12-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Ralph will NOT get into a bidding war for a top flight Coach. Look for a college coach to come in here...probably the guy from Iowa.
His price will be right.

helmetguy
12-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I don't think it was just the coaching. Keep in mind that Mike Brown has given Lewis a larger say in how things are run than he's given anyone in years.

Brown HAD to give Lewis (or whomever he might have hired) more latitude. After all the years of futility and Brown's miserly ways, the league jumped Brown's ass and told him to get his team's **** in one sock.

Alluro
12-14-2003, 04:47 PM
I would be in favor of GW and Gilbride going if and only if Dredsoe went with them. There's no point in bringing in a new coaching staff if he still has a healthy version of rob johnson as the starting qb. Sack GW, Sack KG, and Sack Blindsoe most of all....I would love to see what Gary Kubiak could do bringing shanahan's version of the west coast offense to buffalo with a more mobile qb.

helmetguy
12-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Alluro
I would love to see what Gary Kubiak could brining shanahan's version of the west coast offense to buffalo with a more mobile qb.

NO!!!!!!!!!

No "West Toast " Offense
No Gary Kubiak
and DEFINITELY no Jake Plummer/Option-type QB's. We'll be rebuilding for the next five years!