• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

A second string QB iced our #2 D today

Volek looked like a seasoned veteran out there, calm and collected in the pocket. Bledsoe looked like a deer in headlights with not a clue which direction to go.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

one thing I don't understand- on a lot of plays our DBs had them covered well, but somehow the receivers were still able to make plays. What gives?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Well, their receivers have been nin big game situations and know how to win.

There is value to not deliberately losing / tanking a season for better draft picks. You players learn how to make plays and pull games out when the chips are down.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Volek was just as impressive against us in that preseason whipping the Thumbtacks laid on us last summer, on ESPN. Hes gonna be a good one.

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
          • Aug 2003

Maybe we should trade our 1st round pick for him.

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Volek did look pretty good today, but think about it. He got all the reps in practice for the past couple of weeks, as McNair rested and tried to heal up. Tennesse also played a lot of "max-protect" to give him some extra time. Then, to top it all off, their head coach is our headuphisass coach's old boss. Their HC is magnitudes smarter than our HC...but we came close to beating them IN SPITE of GW and his buddy KG> Let's not get crazy with the "let's trade our 1st and 4th round picks for him' stuff. Besides, hasn't Tennessee paid us enough insults already (GW, KG, Eddie Robinson, etc., etc., etc...)?
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Yeah - We traded for Rob based on one good start in Jacksonville.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsNick
                • Jul 2003

Volek is hurting today. He got rocked so many times I lost count. Wire ate his lunch twice, and I think every defensive lineman layed him out once each as well, yet the dude completed almost every pass. Volek played a great game.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Hey helmet, I understand the guy took snaps in practice and all, but the fact of the matter is that a guy who had thrown 31 passes in his entire career and had NEVER started a game before shredded our defense yesterday. Even with Schobel getting pressure, they still need more. The lack of a pass rush really hurt us in this game. Even if they don't get sacks, they need to be in the QBs face ALL THE TIME so that he can't get set and do exactly what Volek did to us yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                  X