PDA

View Full Version : Over-rated secondary?

ShadowHawk7
12-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Your thoughts...

helmetguy
12-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Just parts of the whole.There were a lot of things we didn't do today that we normally do...like tackle.

The Spaz
12-14-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Just parts of the whole.There were a lot of things we didn't do today that we normally do...like tackle.

Yeah Pat and Sam had another great day I think but Pat Williams had Eddie George in his arms but he escaped and the drive continued on to what was the game winning TD I beleive.

imbondz
12-14-2003, 07:49 PM
the zone D is terrible. BUT, Volek had all day to throw the ball, other than a few tough hits he took, most of the time it looked like he was at practice.

The Spaz
12-14-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
the zone D is terrible. BUT, Volek had all day to throw the ball, other than a few tough hits he took, most of the time it looked like he was at practice.

Which was strange I think he was sacked 4-5 times today.

Dozerdog
12-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
the zone D is terrible.

Well, we will cut Mikey and Gunz in the offseason- they are too :bigmike: and slow. Thyere is always the draft- and maybe some FA acquisitions from TwoBillsDrive or BBI

juice
12-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Which was strange I think he was sacked 4-5 times today.

Second half the pressure wasn't felt like in the first, even though we ran a few corners at their QB.

R. Rich
12-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Well, we will cut Mikey and Gunz in the offseason- they are too :bigmike: and slow. Thyere is always the draft- and maybe some FA acquisitions from TwoBillsDrive or BBI

Who did you have in mind, Dozer? Haha!!

As for the secondary, I think they're okay, they just need a pass rush to get them out of coverage earlier. One thing I did notice was how often both Fletcher and Milloy were abused by the men they 'covered'. That needs fixing quick. If they don't fix it, Belichick will exploit it. Wanny might too, if he gets a clue.