PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic

RAMS FAN
12-14-2003, 10:56 PM
BAD SPORTSMANSHIP

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031215/capt.nua10512150307.giants_saints_nua105.jpg

Gunzlingr
12-14-2003, 11:46 PM
Boo Hoo :D I thought is was lame, not necessarily bad sportsmanship. What about your buddy TO throwing snow into the stands after scoring in Cincy?

SABURZFAN
12-15-2003, 05:53 AM
some athletes today are nothing more than arrogant,pompous jerks looking for attention.

helmetguy
12-15-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
some athletes today are nothing more than arrogant,pompous jerks looking for attention.

If a guy has to showboat to show me how " good" he is, he ain't as good as he thinks he is.

SABURZFAN
12-15-2003, 07:56 AM
did you see the touchdown by tomlinson that put the Chargers up 21-17?after the 60+ yard reception,he just flips the ball to the ref and goes off to celebrate with his teammates.nothing fancy nor any BS antics.he's a helluva player too.

Ð
12-15-2003, 07:59 AM
I thought it was great !

Entertainment, er sports needs more personality.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 11:13 AM
You want to have fun go to a party. He plays football it's his job now act like a pro.

BAM
12-15-2003, 11:37 AM
please don't tell me this guy pulled out a cell phone after a TD??

pathetic!!!

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
please don't tell me this guy pulled out a cell phone after a TD??

pathetic!!!

Yes he did he hid it in the padding on the goal post. I will give Haslett credit for ripping Horn for doing that and telling the league that should he should be fined.

Tatonka
12-15-2003, 01:14 PM
i thought it was funny as hell.

ryguy8161
12-15-2003, 02:42 PM
As much as I don't think players should do it, I'm not going to sit here and lie and say I didn't think it was funny.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 02:46 PM
This crap has to stop. Do your damn job which is to tackle,get td's, int's etc. Your going to get paid no matter what. Just let the play be over and done with. After the game it's fine.

TedMock
12-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Joe Horn backed it up with 4 TD's. I thought it was a stupid celebration but I have no problem with these guys doing endzone celebrations if it's a close game or if they're winning. I also like trash talking IF they back it up. On the other side of the coin I really like the Marvin Harrison's of the game as well. Different personalities make it more interesting. I do have a problem with TJ Duckett celebrating after a TD that put them down 31-7. His team was getting killed and there was no room for celebration in that case. If he tied it up or went ahead I could understand.

BillsMan80
12-15-2003, 02:59 PM
I thought it was great. Hilarious. More power to Horn and TO.

Dozerdog
12-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ð
I thought it was great !

Entertainment, er sports needs more personality.

What would happen if Miro Satan scores in Toronto, then pulls out a cell phone?

Dozerdog
12-15-2003, 03:37 PM
What Horn did was a joke. He is on a team that will miss the playoffs (again) that should have been championship contenders thae past few seasons. Extreamly poor disciplin and player bull crap has derailed them time and again. Wasn't he the one involved in the scandal where one guy was sleeping with (and knocked up) another player's wife?

It's one thing if you are winning to back it up- another to do it against the dregs of the league.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
What Horn did was a joke. He is on a team that will miss the playoffs (again) that should have been championship contenders thae past few seasons.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2003, 04:13 PM
What is pathetic about it? It was funny. Who cares.

BillsMan80
12-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Exactly Thurm, I don't find a big deal in this. He scored a TD, let the man have some fun. I loved TO's celebration, loved Horn's, and loved Chad Johnson's even more.

helmetguy
12-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Yeah, Doz, it is another sign of how undisciplined the Saints are. Hazlett said he wouldn't fine Horn, but the league will skin him pretty good for it. If a guy even has to think about what he'll do if/when he scores, that one part of him that isn't concentrating on the job at hand. If I'm Tom Benson, or Ralph Wilson, I want guys who go to work every day with their mind on the job at hand. If a guy wants to be an ass after work, that's fine, let HIM deal with it. But not when he's on the clock.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Yeah, Doz, it is another sign of how undisciplined the Saints are. Hazlett said he wouldn't fine Horn, but the league will skin him pretty good for it. If a guy even has to think about what he'll do if/when he scores, that one part of him that isn't concentrating on the job at hand. If I'm Tom Benson, or Ralph Wilson, I want guys who go to work every day with their mind on the job at hand. If a guy wants to be an ass after work, that's fine, let HIM deal with it. But not when he's on the clock.

I'm not sure if you watched the game yesterday but Haslett was ticked at Horn for doing his celebration and at the half he said Horn should be fined.