Why does it seem the Bills coaches are dumb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricogarion
    • Apr 2003

Why does it seem the Bills coaches are dumb?

And I wonder why I am constantly flabbergasted by why the Bills are always a step behind the elite clubs in the NFL:

Please someone tell me they aren't this dimwitted???
    I'm your huckleberry.

Wyatt Earp: "Been hitting it awful hard, haven't ya?"

Doc Holliday: Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

"Titans QB Billy Volek: There was plenty of worry in Music City about the absence of Steve McNair, but there needn’t have been. The Titans knew Volek was perfectly capable of engineering a victory, and that’s what he did. He was cool under pressure and made every throw he needed to make. He’s a free agent at the end of the season. He’d look good in a Bills uniform in 2004. "

Compared to Drew he would definitely liik good in a bills uni.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ricogarion
      • Apr 2003

That just frosts me as I never understand removing your top performer.

Here’s a perfect example of why football coaches sometimes get criticized for over-thinking.

Travis Henry, who without question is the Bills’ most productive offensive player right now, was not on the field for the biggest play of Sunday’s 28-26 loss to the Tennessee Titans, the two-point conversion pass that was ruled incomplete, thus officially eliminating Buffalo from the playoff picture.

In fact, Henry wasn’t on the field for the entire drive in the final two minutes as the Bills desperately tried to save their season with a stirring comeback victory.

How can this be?

The explanation from coach Gregg Williams is that Henry isn’t part of the third-down or two-minute passing packages. That role belongs to Sammy Morris.

Oh.
      I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• helmetguy
        Touch the helmet for luck
        • Sep 2002

Yes, GW and KG ARE that dumb! When trying to "outsmart" the opponent, they end up outsmarting themselves. They "think" their way out of what should be done into what the opponent expects to be done.
        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

4 — Years in a row the Bills will not play in the postseason.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!

When you shop at the Dollar Store for a Coach...you get what you pay for.

Comment

• ricogarion
            • Apr 2003

Now correct me if I'm wrong wasn't that Mr. Donahoe's hire? Man Lewis and Carolina coach look pretty good now. Damn I'm even more frustrated!
            I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

FS Izell Reese suffered a calf injury in the second quarter and did not return. Coy Wire took his place.
              Note to the coaching staff: Let Wire play FS next week against the Fish as well. 5 tackles, 1 assist, and a sack. He can't cover, but the kid hits like a truck....let him go at it!

Comment

• eyedog
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                Yes, GW and KG ARE that dumb! When trying to "outsmart" the opponent, they end up outsmarting themselves. They "think" their way out of what should be done into what the opponent expects to be done.
                That is the problem exactly with this coaching staff. There is only one problem with that though, they are high school level coaches trying to outsmart good NFL coaches. Get these bums out of here. I truely would like them fired today. Let LeBeau and Steckel run the team the final two weeks.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                  4 — Years in a row the Bills will not play in the postseason
                  And, coincidentally, the combined IQ of GW and KG.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ricogarion
                    • Apr 2003

Well anyways it appears Len Pasquarelli knows the Bills are allready searching for new coaches:

The search is on
                    It's not official and, Buffalo Bills general manager Tom Donahoe will continue to toe the party line, which is that coach Gregg Williams won't be evaluated until after the last game of the season. But start the search in Buffalo, folks, because Williams, a good guy who had to make the playoffs to survive, is a goner.

Ironic, isn't it, that the Bills last year had a great offense and a crummy defense. And so Donahoe sacrificed on offense a bit, like with the trade of wide receiver Peerless Price to Atlanta, to help free up money to fix the defense. The result: The defense is excellent, ranking among the top five in the league in most key categories, and the offense is horrid. Some of the demise of the offense can be traced to the poor season quarterback Drew Bledsoe is having and, for sure, he looks like age is beginning to catch up to him some.

But coordinator Kevin Gilbride, who felt like he had lost too much on that side of the ball with the departures of Price and tight end Jay Riemersma, never really adjusted to the style everyone wanted, which was to feature more of tailback Travis Henry, who is coming off a breakout campaign.

Yep, Donahoe is a close friend, so let's get that preface out in front and let our critics have at us. But those who suggest Donahoe overestimated the talent of the Bills aren't exactly looking at the team through objective glasses. The league is one of tradeoffs now. You rob from Peter to pay Paul once in a while. Buffalo was top-heavy with offensive playmakers. So the goal was to cut back a bit on that side of the ball and bolster the defense. Well, at least the second part of the equation worked. This defense can flat-out play. But the offense just couldn't compensate and failed to make do with the parts it has.

The offensive coaches said a lot of the right things in camp, acknowledged they would have to enact some big changes, agreed it was in the best overall interests of the team. But when push came to shove, they bristled at being asked to get things done with younger players, to maintain a solid unit with some missing parts. One thing Donahoe won't do this time around, you can bet, is to hire a guy who doesn't have previous head coaching experience
                    I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ricogarion
                      Well anyways it appears Len Pasquarelli knows the Bills are allready searching for new coaches:

The search is on
                      It's not official and, Buffalo Bills general manager Tom Donahoe will continue to toe the party line, which is that coach Gregg Williams won't be evaluated until after the last game of the season. But start the search in Buffalo, folks, because Williams, a good guy who had to make the playoffs to survive, is a goner.

Ironic, isn't it, that the Bills last year had a great offense and a crummy defense. And so Donahoe sacrificed on offense a bit, like with the trade of wide receiver Peerless Price to Atlanta, to help free up money to fix the defense. The result: The defense is excellent, ranking among the top five in the league in most key categories, and the offense is horrid. Some of the demise of the offense can be traced to the poor season quarterback Drew Bledsoe is having and, for sure, he looks like age is beginning to catch up to him some.

But coordinator Kevin Gilbride, who felt like he had lost too much on that side of the ball with the departures of Price and tight end Jay Riemersma, never really adjusted to the style everyone wanted, which was to feature more of tailback Travis Henry, who is coming off a breakout campaign.

Yep, Donahoe is a close friend, so let's get that preface out in front and let our critics have at us. But those who suggest Donahoe overestimated the talent of the Bills aren't exactly looking at the team through objective glasses. The league is one of tradeoffs now. You rob from Peter to pay Paul once in a while. Buffalo was top-heavy with offensive playmakers. So the goal was to cut back a bit on that side of the ball and bolster the defense. Well, at least the second part of the equation worked. This defense can flat-out play. But the offense just couldn't compensate and failed to make do with the parts it has.

The offensive coaches said a lot of the right things in camp, acknowledged they would have to enact some big changes, agreed it was in the best overall interests of the team. But when push came to shove, they bristled at being asked to get things done with younger players, to maintain a solid unit with some missing parts. One thing Donahoe won't do this time around, you can bet, is to hire a guy who doesn't have previous head coaching experience
                      I don't think anyone can go against that article. The coaches are the main culprits and they must be shown the door period!

Comment

• ricogarion
                        • Apr 2003

Why anyone could sit a guy like Henry this season when he is our MVP is beyond me,its like the fruit cake in Detroit who after Barry Sanders ran through the defense for 95% of the offensive yardage would bring in some no name to score the touchdown from one yard out.Its sick and shows that coaches are not the brightest bulbs in the closet of life!
                        I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Working...
                        X