PDA

View Full Version : Hey Winfield don't let the door hit you on the way out!

zone
12-15-2003, 10:09 AM
After hearing winfield talk after yesterdays game I have lost ALL respect for him. Get him out now!

imbondz
12-15-2003, 10:12 AM
what did he say?

Pride
12-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Thank you! Toast... err winfield... is a bum!

justasportsfan
Originally posted by imbondz
what did he say?

BillsNick
Yeah, I guess he's been hanging around Celino and Barnes too much. Bye AW :bigwave: We can get someone who can actually cover a wide reciever for less $ than this scumbag will want.

BillsNick
12-15-2003, 10:18 AM
He was more upset that they lost ground on their Defensive ranking than he was about the loss. there was alot of "I" and "me". Arrogant *******.

lordofgun
12-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Winfield is not the problem. :shakeno:

zone
12-15-2003, 10:20 AM
I will get him props on his tackling ability, but he is a terrible coverage CB and he has shown that all year....

He's coments on the loss involed having to see how dallas played so they could see if they obtain there rank. He was more worried about that than Derrick Mason treating him like a doormat, he seemed very up in spirts after the loss that knocked there playoff chances down the drain.

zone
12-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Winfield is not the problem. :shakeno:

no one said he was....

justasportsfan
12-15-2003, 10:22 AM
I'd resign Winfield. I've learned that letting Peerless was bad for Drew and the team . If Drew just knew how to adjust just like GW and KG on gameday, Drew would be headed to the Probowl and MVP . :puke:

The Natrix
12-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Let someone else over pay him :up:

imbondz
12-15-2003, 10:30 AM
I like Winfield. I never worry about him making an open field tackle. Does a great job. He got burned on the outside, but Mason and Bennett are very good WRs and Mason made some great catches yesterday-

zone
12-15-2003, 10:38 AM
No he never misses tackles, but his coverage leaves something to be desired. Mason is a very good reciever, but he should be able to cover him if he is a PB corner.

justasportsfan
12-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by zone
No he never misses tackles, but his coverage leaves something to be desired. Mason is a very good reciever, but he should be able to cover him if he is a PB corner.

I'm telling you, get another stud DE and no qb's will be throwing like Volek did yesterday. That kid threw that ball where not even the best cb in the league could've made a play.

Winfield on the first big play was pushed that the the ref didn't call. The 2nd big play was just a beautifully thrown ball in great coverage.

justasportsfan
12-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Let someone else over pay him :up:

I'd rather overpay someone who's an asset to the team rather than overpay a qb who's nothing but a liability.

EM Bills Fan 80
12-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Personally I'll take Champ Bailey over him. CB is the best overall corner in the league IMO when it comes to tackling, INT's and coverage.

Valerie
12-15-2003, 11:04 AM
I like Antoine too. I didn't hear what he said after the game, but, from what I saw, I think he had a pretty decent game. I guess he's frustrated about this season, and rightfully so. We all say things in the heat of anger and frustration that we really don't mean. The Bills were supossed to be contenders this year and they're not. I'm sure there's a lot of resentment and anger on the entire team. I wouldn't worry too much about what he said. I think he's a decent player and I for one would hate to see him go.

Tatonka
12-15-2003, 01:21 PM
would someone please post what he said? damn..

BADTHINGSMAN
12-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
I like Winfield. I never worry about him making an open field tackle. Does a great job. He got burned on the outside, but Mason and Bennett are very good WRs and Mason made some great catches yesterday-

Exactly imbondz,
The 2 deep balls he was covering on were not Winfields fault.. Mason pushed off on one and the other Winfield had great coverage on but the ball was perfectly thrown.. Some defensive schemes are to blame as well..

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Obviously he didn't say anything to bad. It's not on the radio, paper etc.

DraftBoy
12-15-2003, 02:17 PM
I think people have blown this way out of proportion. Winfield played a good game, and had many key tackles and he didnt get burned once that I can remeber. Hes a cornerstone part to this D.

EM if you really think we will have the chance or money to sign Bailey you must be smoking some really really good stuff. He will be tagged at the least and if not then t will be a bidding war for him, and Woodson.

Dozerdog
12-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Go to the Zone front page- under the news there should be quotes from a number of players- Winfield too.

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2003, 03:41 PM
If he goes, he'll be missed in Peerless Price proportions.

He was a penny short and a split second late a few times yesterday. I give more credit to Volek and the TN WRs than blame Winfield though.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

He was a penny short and a split second late a few times yesterday. I give more credit to Volek and the TN WRs than blame Winfield though.

I think the only reason Peerless Price is brought up is because of of our stupid OC not using the running game enough.

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I think the only reason Peerless Price is brought up is because of of our stupid OC not using the running game enough.

Agreed. But it'll have that much impact, IMO.

justasportsfan
12-15-2003, 03:48 PM
There is nothing Peerless could've done here at buffalo w/ a qb who can't even hit his wr's 10 yds out.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 03:48 PM

Agreed. But it'll have that much impact, IMO.

I agree on that!:shake: :beer:

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
There is nothing Peerless could've done here at buffalo w/ a qb who can't even hit his wr's 10 yds out.

Look what they did last year...

justasportsfan
12-15-2003, 03:53 PM

Look what they did last year...

Last year was last year. This year Drew is the worst rated starting qb. Like I said, he can't even throw accurately 10 yards away. His best years are behind him.

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Last year was last year. This year Drew is the worst rated starting qb. Like I said, he can't even throw accurately 10 yards away. His best years are behind him.

He has his limitations. Give him some help, he can be effective, IMO.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 04:04 PM

That's the thing Kevin Gilbride still game plans like he had last year's personnel and it obviously isn't working. I'm not a Drew hater or a Drew is a savior guy but you have to work with what you have and if you don't you don't win period.

IHateTheDullphins
12-15-2003, 06:10 PM

Wrong. We didn't get a speedy replacement for Peerless. We will get a replacement for Winfield, and we won't miss him.

justasportsfan
12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

That's the thing Kevin Gilbride still game plans like he had last year's personnel and it obviously isn't working. I'm not a Drew hater or a Drew is a savior guy but you have to work with what you have and if you don't you don't win period.

At 5-6 million a yr. our qb should be able to look average in a system like this.

I'm willing to bet AVP could move the ball throwing 5-15 yds per attempt. I doubt TD is gonna throw in AVP and make Drew look like a fool.

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Wrong. We didn't get a speedy replacement for Peerless. We will get a replacement for Winfield, and we won't miss him.

Why don't you give me Wed's winning lotto numbers while you're at it. :D

Turf
12-15-2003, 07:06 PM
As long as we play the soft coverage we do, no one is ever going to get INT's here.
Coaching once again, coaching.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 07:12 PM

At 5-6 million a yr. our qb should be able to look average in a system like this.

I'm willing to bet AVP could move the ball throwing 5-15 yds per attempt. I doubt TD is gonna throw in AVP and make Drew look like a fool.

This system isn't even average it's toatal BS. This system doesn't even use the personnel it has Sam Gash, Travis Henry etc.

THenPitBull
12-16-2003, 03:01 PM
all the Winfield talk, losing the guy won't be a big deal. Nobody mentioned the fact that he has stones for hands. Clements should teach him how to intercept a pass for once. A good looking tackle doesn't make or break a game, I care about TURNOVERS and so does Bill Parcells apparently. We can bring in a CB equal in talent and pay him less than Winfield is going to want. He's the least of our worries, my focus is more on bringing in a stud de WHO CAN bring it ON PUNKS LIKE bILLY vOLEK, I'm sick and tired of having to hold my breath everytime that slow bumbly DB dops back to pass (what have been lately just breath taking passes) i hope GW KG and DB all go because obviously the ultimate goal is a super bowl win and with these three it's just not going to get done. I mean Ralph isnt getting any younger and im sure he too would like to see the bills get out of the drama and into the cowboys cheerleaders, I mean the SB and win!!

kardshark19
12-16-2003, 07:14 PM
I'd talk to both Champ and Winfield, and whoever signs first is the one we keep. I would rather have Champ myself...he has the perfect size and skill to be a corner, and he plays like it.

zone
12-17-2003, 07:55 AM

come on not this talk agian

zone
12-17-2003, 08:00 AM

Did you not see how AVP faired when he did come in? I guess not...

IHateTheDullphins
12-17-2003, 08:24 AM

Why don't you give me Wed's winning lotto numbers while you're at it. :D

Can you please explain to me how we're going to miss Winfield as much as Peerless?

Ah......we didn't replace Peerless, guy. We will replace AW.

don't need to be a psychic to see this, just need common sense.

justasportsfan
12-17-2003, 09:03 AM

Did you not see how AVP faired when he did come in? I guess not... It was no different with what Drew does , only cheaper.

AVP hasn't practiced w/ the first team like Drew has.

Historian
12-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
As long as we play the soft coverage we do, no one is ever going to get INT's here.
Coaching once again, coaching.

Post of the day!!!!

On third and 5, we have him lined up eight yards off the wide receiver. Its our "bend, don't break" philosophy on defense.

Winfield is an all-pro with a real coaching staff. I would like to see him stay.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Can you please explain to me how we're going to miss Winfield as much as Peerless?

Ah......we didn't replace Peerless, guy. We will replace AW.

don't need to be a psychic to see this, just need common sense.

There wasn't anyone who didn't think Josh Reed will fill in for Peerless. Did Shaw?

We will replace Winfield? With who?

zone
12-17-2003, 10:14 AM
There wasn't anyone who didn't think Josh Reed will fill in for Peerless. Did Shaw?

We will replace Winfield? With who?

I will admit I thought Reed would fill in, it did not happen he does not have the speed to stretch the field, and with eric average at best this year it has been really rough.....

There are tons of quality FA CB's this year, winfield can tackle like a mofo but his coverage is allways way to loose.

I think T. MaGee is going to fill whatever void we need in the secondary, he is an amazing athlete.....

BillsMan80
12-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Let's not think McGee is the second coming off of a few games. Yes he has a bright future, but we don't want to make the mistake of throwing him to the wolves to quick. Josh's problem started in Week One, when he dropped the flea-flicker. He just kept losing confidence with each dropped pass. He will be a player in this league. It was just a sophomore slump IMO. He catches that flea-flicker Week One, and I think he feels sky high, and has a much better season. Sometimes one play can define a team or player's season.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2003, 10:46 AM
I think T. MaGee is going to fill whatever void we need in the secondary, he is an amazing athlete.....

I agree with most you said. But this comment is EXACTLY the thinking that screwed us Peerless/Reed wise!!!!

I like what I have seen in McGee too. But the same was said about Thomas at the end of last season and DRUMROLLS.... The same was even said about WATSON at the end of the 3-13 season!!!!

IHateTheDullphins
12-17-2003, 12:16 PM
My point is that the talent pool of CB's in FA this upcoming offseason is rich, More so than the speedy WR pool was last year. TD won't make the mistake of leaving a hole in our Defensive backfield.

And as far as the Thomas talk and Watson talk, nobody was "talking" about either of them taking a starting CB position on the team, so there is quite a difference there.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2003, 01:34 PM
And as far as the Thomas talk and Watson talk, nobody was "talking" about either of them taking a starting CB position on the team, so there is quite a difference there.

You must not have been a member too long...

IHateTheDullphins
12-17-2003, 01:38 PM

Oh, there it is. There's the reason. yeah. :cynic:

The_Philster
12-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
Post of the day!!!!

On third and 5, we have him lined up eight yards off the wide receiver. Its our "bend, don't break" philosophy on defense.

Winfield is an all-pro with a real coaching staff. I would like to see him stay.
Couldn't agree more. People complain about his coverage abilities yet how is he supposed to cover when he isn't put into position to?

Oh, there it is. There's the reason. yeah. :cynic:

He's right...Watson and Thomas had, at one time, been talked about as starting CBs.