• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

If anyone needs a finger pointed at them

After watching yesterdays game, I can only blame one person for our collapse and that's Drew.

He was the one who went three and out for three consecutive drives to start the game.

He was the one who fumbled which resulted in a Titans score.

He was the one who under threw the ball to Bobby Shaw.

It is his head that deserves to be on a platter today.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Blame Canada

Comment

• Jaded 7
      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
      • Jul 2002

I tend to agree with you, Northern. I didn't see all of the game, but what I did see, Drew didn't look all that great. Even the announcers at the end of the game were saying that you can't blame Bobby Shaw for the 2 point conversion pass. The Bills never should've been in that position to begin with. It was one of the most heartbreaking losses of the season, IMHO. They cam so damn close only to blow it.

But, do you guys really think that they'll get rid of Drew in the off season? If they do get new coaches, I think that they'll keep Drew for one more year under the idea that Drew sucks because the coaches suck.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
      The only answer I found for all this hurt
      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Drew had to underthrow the ball to Shaw. It was the only place he could catch it without being picked off.

Plus he didn't call that play. It was the coaches, who didn't even put Henry in on that play as at least a decoy.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I'm not saying we have a stellar coaching staff. (We can see the writing on the wall for them) That is beside the point. Despite the calls that get sent in from the bench, Drew still has to execute them.
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

that pass was fine, it was the other 29 that were suspect.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Maybe the pass was fine, but what about the fumble?

I was a long Drew supporter, and now have gone the other way. He was once our saviour, now he's our archilles heel.

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

i found this interesting....

Once again, Bledsoe wasn't quite good enough. He did throw for two touchdowns, and he led a rousing last-minute comeback that put the Bills in position to force overtime. But his fumble at the 18 ignited Tennessee's comeback, and until the Bills began that final drive with 2:24 to play, he had passed for only 88 yards.

With his team's flickering playoff hopes on the line, Bledsoe went head-to-head with a player making his first NFL start and got outplayed. Volek was the better quarterback. He's mobile and he has a very good arm and he seems capable of being a starter somewhere in the league.

In fact, watching Volek make all those big third-down throws, you wondered if he might actually be better than Bledsoe. Volek will be a free agent after the season, so it's worth considering. Maybe he's another of those hidden gems who only need a chance.

Tom Donahoe, the Bills' president and general manager, couldn't comment on that possibility because Volek is Tennessee's property. But he did say there will be a lot at stake for a lot of people in the season's final two weeks.

"Then we'll sit down and tear it all apart," Donahoe said.

the Buffalo News

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Tom Donahoe, the Bills' president and general manager, couldn't comment on that possibility because Volek is Tennessee's property. But he did say there will be a lot at stake for a lot of people in the season's final two weeks.
                  Excellent news!!!!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe stunk up the show yesterday.

I still contend that it's not all him though.

Next year, we'll see.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I'll leave it up to the new coach to decide his fate

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

Well TD needs to take some of the blame too. For all the good moves he's made, he's wiffed on thrre big ones imo:

1. He hired GW. Enough said on that move.
                        2. With the 5th pick of the 2002 draft he took a right tackle who is more suited to play guard. Should have at least taken the left tackle. I will cut him some slack on this one though since MW is still young and hasn't had the best o-line coaching.
                        3. Used this years #1 pick on an injured rb. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've been watching the last couple of years TH is probably the best player on this team. We also have many other holes that could have been filled this year with that pick.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                          Bledsoe stunk up the show yesterday.

I still contend that it's not all him though.

Next year, we'll see.
                          I agree.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

The endzone throw to Shaw was perfect, the only throw that was better was the touchdown on the play before. If you're going to make others see the light, pull your head out of your ass first.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                              The endzone throw to Shaw was perfect, the only throw that was better was the touchdown on the play before. If you're going to make others see the light, pull your head out of your ass first.
                              I only pointed at the toss as ONE of the problems he had yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X