PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Gregg will be gone

nolimit
12-15-2003, 02:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1686470

He is good friends with TD so I take his word!

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Was just posted but it's still good to see again!:up:

nolimit
12-15-2003, 02:38 PM
my bad, i looked for it!

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 02:39 PM
No problem it was combined with another thread.

justasportsfan
12-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Any coach who sits his best offensive player when you are behind, have the ball and the game is on the line deserves to be fired.

The Spaz
12-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Any coach who sits his best offensive player when you are behind, have the ball and the game is on the line deserves to be fired.

Damn straight!:mad::madcurse::blowtop:

Jan Reimers
12-16-2003, 06:31 AM
GW took a team with a lot of positives and just a few negatives, and managed to completely accentuate the negatives.

Jeff1220
12-16-2003, 07:49 AM
WOW! Lenny P really went out on a limb and risked his journalistic integrity with that prediction. Talk about fearless...:rolleyes:

Tatonka
12-16-2003, 07:57 AM
"One thing Donahoe won't do this time around, you can bet, is to hire a guy who doesn't have previous head coaching experience."

wonder if that means he wont look at the college ranks either? i hope this statement is incorrect.

Dozerdog
12-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Head coaching experience- tells me he's looking for a guy who was a head coach. If he's talking about Pro Head coach- he's narrowed the field to 2 -3 guys oor whomever gets fired.

I think that includes college- I don't see another "Pro" qualifier

Pride
12-16-2003, 09:50 AM
Pete Carroll?

justasportsfan
12-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Head coaching experience- tells me he's looking for a guy who was a head coach. If he's talking about Pro Head coach- he's narrowed the field to 2 -3 guys oor whomever gets fired.

I think that includes college- I don't see another "Pro" qualifier

I would think Coughlin would be one of his choices.

Jeff1220
12-16-2003, 02:39 PM
I agree that Coughlin should be a candidate, but I'd have to concede to the thoughts that, right now, TD is keeping a very close eye on what happens in New Orleans. There are too many connections to ignore:
*TD and Haslett worked together in Pittsburgh
*Haslett played for the Bills
*Haslett's wife has WNY roots
*Haslett has HC experience

Jim Haslett certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm not convinced that he'd completely suck here either. I do think this is the guy that TD's radar is locked onto right now though.

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2003, 03:18 PM
I want Haslett. No college coach please. Really.

Michael82
12-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
GW took a team with a lot of positives and just a few negatives, and managed to completely accentuate the negatives.

EXACTLY!

Dozerdog
12-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Pete Carroll?

No way- he's the anti-candidate. He's taken 2 talented clubs in the NFL and run them into the ground.

College seems to fit him perfectly- keep him there

TedMock
12-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
I agree that Coughlin should be a candidate, but I'd have to concede to the thoughts that, right now, TD is keeping a very close eye on what happens in New Orleans. There are too many connections to ignore:
*TD and Haslett worked together in Pittsburgh
*Haslett played for the Bills
*Haslett's wife has WNY roots
*Haslett has HC experience

Jim Haslett certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm not convinced that he'd completely suck here either. I do think this is the guy that TD's radar is locked onto right now though.

I feel the same exact way. Coughlin's my first choice but I have strong feeling that Haslett's our guy next season. You've touched on most of the reasons already. Haslett has done a lot of underachieving but in all fairness to him they've lost more good talent than they've brought in, especially on defense and OL. Offensively they have Deuce and Joe Horn but that's about it and Joe Horn is as harmful as he is talented.

Moulds80
12-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by TedMock

Joe Horn is as harmful as he is talented.

You mean Mr. Cingular? :snicker: