• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

OK, It is time...Ruff must go

I've been pretty patient and haven't pointed blame at Ruff...insisting it is the players and Regier that are the problem...but in the NHL the time comes when all coaches get fired...the time has come here...this team is realing, badly. However, getting rid of Ruff is not the answer. Below is how I think the Sabres can best make the playoffs this year (can be done in any order)...

1. Fire Ruff. The players are no longer responding.
    2. Trade Biron and Norenen. The Front Office has screwed this up so badly that neither has much trade value but salvaging their careers isn't going to happen here.
    3. Trade Satan. Once the C was taken off his uniform the Sabres succeeded at destroying what little good faith he had about being here.
    4. Buy out Connelly. Just get rid of him.
    5. Take the money saved on the 3 traded players and get CuJo. The guy may not be a money goalie but he is better than any of the three kids. Bring up Miller to be his back up and see what a successful goalie plays (It's called mentoring, folks).
    6. Fire Regier. The time came along time ago...right about the time he got the 6 year contract.
    7. Stop issuing numbers higher than 35. It just ain't right.
    8. Trade Afinagenov. The time has come.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

1. Agreed
    2. Ok, well if we trade them both. Who would be the backup? Miller!?!?! Give me a break the kids needs a few more seasons with the amerks.
    3. Give him the A and maybe he will get better. If not, give um da boot!
    4. Ya, lets all pick on the criple....
    5. Sure hes not too bad, but he has aged abit (36).
    6. Kinda agree on that.
    7. What?
    8. I dont think so. He was injured practically all last season, my god give him a chance. Damn!

:bduff:
    Last edited by JD; 12-17-2003, 12:35 PM.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
    X