PDA

View Full Version : Ruebon 8TH Pro Bowl or cap casualty

juice
12-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Will Brown be one of the victoms of the downtrodden season by being cut at the seasons end or will he make his 8th consec. trip to Hawaii. He has to be considered one of the best in the history of the league and by far the best in Bills history. He should get the respect he deserves.

clumping platelets
12-17-2003, 10:46 AM
He won't be going to Hawaii to play. He doesn't deserve it this season

I believe he will be asked to take a pay cut and if he refuses, he will be released

Ebenezer
12-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I believe he will be asked to take a pay cut and if he refuses, he will be released

Agreed.

juice
12-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Agreed.

Can we agree that he's one of the leagues all time best and has been again this season the Bills best Lineman. Effective in both run and pass blocking. Ga Tech #5 ACC

BillsNick
12-17-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by juice

Can we agree that he's one of the leagues all time best and has been again this season the Bills best Lineman. Effective in both run and pass blocking. Ga Tech #5 ACC

He's had his moments, but he's also the Bills most penalized OL. Cut him, his best days are gone. I do respect him though, he's always fought hard for this team, but it is all business.

BillsMan80
12-17-2003, 11:32 AM
At this point, we cannot afford to cut Ruben from a talent standpoint. We simply have no talent backing him. We need him to give us some cap space, but cutting him should not be an option.

clumping platelets
12-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Yes, it could.......after June 1st once the Bills have done their FA shopping and draft. He could become "expendable"

HAMMER
12-17-2003, 01:13 PM
Juice,

This is the second thing you have said in two weeks that is just crazy. Ruben Brown has been living on reputation alone for the last three to four seasons. He is overrated, too many penalties, etc. Will Wolford, Kent Hull, Joe D. , they were all better than Brown.

juice
12-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Juice,

This is the second thing you have said in two weeks that is just crazy. Ruben Brown has been living on reputation alone for the last three to four seasons. He is overrated, too many penalties, etc. Will Wolford, Kent Hull, Joe D. , they were all better than Brown.

Hammer, Show your face, if reputation doesn't get you in would does? Other players opinions of your skills is what lets you know this guy is a baller and has never been overrated or whatever. Cowards stand behind this type of critisizm. ACC

Buckets
12-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Juice,

Agreed (Except maybe the last 2 yrs)

The_Philster
12-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
He won't be going to Hawaii to play. He doesn't deserve it this season

There's been a number of times he hasn't deserved it but went.

Jan Reimers
12-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Juice,

Amen, even though he's a good guy who does a lot for area charities. His best football is way behind him.

Dozerdog
12-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Will Brown be one of the victoms of the downtrodden season by being cut at the seasons end or will he make his 8th consec. trip to Hawaii. He has to be considered one of the best in the history of the league and by far the best in Bills history. He should get the respect he deserves.

Reuben is good, but no that good.

Joe D, Reggie McKenzie, Kent Hull, Billy Shaw are all ahead of him in Bills history- and that's just at his position.

Will Wolford was a takcle

HenryRules
12-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Joe D, Reggie McKenzie, Kent Hull, Billy Shaw are all ahead of him in Bills history- and that's just at his position.

Kent Hull was a center.

Brian Griese Rulz
12-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Have Bledsoe take a pay cut if the Bills need cap room. Why would they ask Brown to take a paycut when the Bills are like 10 million under the cap? and the cap is going up 4 million?

Jan Reimers
12-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Have Bledsoe take a pay cut if the Bills need cap room. Why would they ask Brown to take a paycut when the Bills are like 10 million under the cap? and the cap is going up 4 million?

They should both take cuts, in recognition of their subpar play and to free up money for interior OL help, a speed rushing DE, a playmaker in the secondary, and a speed WR, among other things.

juice
12-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I'm obviously a believer in the "Electric Co.", they put OJ and the Bills on the map in the League, I wonder if "Big Reg" and the boys were as respected by their Peers in the trenches for as long of a period as Brown? 7 in a row is impressive even if a few of those years were on Rep., Players know what goes down on the LOS.

stuckincincy
12-18-2003, 08:52 AM
I also think Brown's days are behind him. Which was why I thought that in last year's draft, Steinback woulda been the choice.

SABURZFAN
12-18-2003, 02:03 PM
He has to be considered one of the best in the history of the league and by far the best in Bills history. He should get the respect he deserves.

i disagree.r.brown is overrated.

BillsMan80
12-18-2003, 02:15 PM
Well, he's made it to 8 in a row, and whether or not you believe that he should be going, he's getting voted in by the players and league personnel people time after time, so they know something we don't.

Dozerdog
12-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Kent Hull was a center.

Whoops, I was thinking of Richer.

juice
12-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i disagree.r.brown is overrated.

Maybe the opinions of us fans are overrated, over the past eight Brown has been the one constant and many fans have unjustly called for his starting position. His level of play is at a pro bowl level. Now I wonder if he will be a salary cut? ACC

SABURZFAN
12-18-2003, 06:15 PM
His level of play is at a pro bowl level.

except for the last two years when it's obvious that he's a shell of his former self.