PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl

The Spaz
12-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Ruben Brown and Takeo Spikes have made the Pro Bowl. With Sam Adams and Pat Williams along with Brian Moorman as alternates.

Ruben Brown keeps his string up deservedley or not. Thoughts?

BillsNick
12-18-2003, 12:54 PM
one of these pro-bowlers is not like the others...........RB doesn't belong.

BillsMan80
12-18-2003, 12:55 PM
As much as some say he doesn't seserve it, he must be doing something right. It's not as if he led the fan voting categories. And fan voting is only 1/3 of the vote. The rest is done through players and league personnel, so they must know something we don't.

The Spaz
12-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Brown and Spikes Earn Pro Bowl Honors

buffalobills.com
December 18, 2003

Orchard Park, NY - The Bills today announced that guard RUBEN BROWN and linebacker TAKEO SPIKES have been selected to represent the team in the Pro Bowl.

Defensive tackles PAT WILLIAMS and SAM ADAMS along with punter BRIAN MOORMAN were selected as alternates.

This marks Brown’s franchise record-setting eighth consecutive Pro Bowl selection, one more than the seven straight selections earned by Andre Reed (1988-94) and Bruce Smith (1992-98). It is also the eighth career Pro Bowl selection for Brown, the most ever by a Bills offensive player and second in team history behind Bruce Smith’s 11 total selections.

For Spikes, this is his first career Pro Bowl selection. It comes in his sixth career season and his first in Buffalo. Takeo ranks second on the team with 126 total tackles and also has two interceptions, two sacks, a fumble recovery and a forced fumble.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=220012&dsp=press

Michael82
12-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Ruben Brown again? Congrats to Takeo! :up:

He deserved it. Hopefully at least two of the alternates get to go. That would be cool! I'm proud of Moorman and Big Pat. It's about time. Maybe next year they will both be starters. BTW...Big Sam proved he isn't a big fat tub of goo and deserves to go, too! :up:

Earthquake Enyart
12-18-2003, 01:19 PM
I can't believe that Ruben made it the last 5 years.

Jan Reimers
12-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I can't believe that Ruben made it the last 5 years.

Agreed. I've heard of resting on your laurels, but this guy is making a career of it.

SABURZFAN
12-18-2003, 01:46 PM
r.brown????you gotta be kidding me.

ShadowHawk7
12-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
As much as some say he doesn't deserve it, he must be doing something right. It's not as if he led the fan voting categories. And fan voting is only 1/3 of the vote. The rest is done through players and league personnel, so they must know something we don't.

U're prolly rite on that one. RB is sooo !@#$ lucky fan voting only counts for a third, cuz he shure looks reely bad on TV. Big Pat, Fletcher, and Moorman should be goin too. As starters. ZAch Thomas is as overrated as RB. Moorman is the most exciting punter than.... i can't remember. Shane who? Moorman's even got his own nickname, ThunderLeg or sumthing... (i can't remember exactly wut it was) And Big Pat has blasted thru O-even w/ that loser Denney next to him.

venis2k1
12-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

U're prolly rite on that one. RB is sooo !@#$ lucky fan voting only counts for a third, cuz he shure looks reely bad on TV. Big Pat, Fletcher, and Moorman should be goin too. As starters. ZAch Thomas is as overrated as RB. Moorman is the most exciting punter than.... i can't remember. Shane who? Moorman's even got his own nickname, ThunderLeg or sumthing... (i can't remember exactly wut it was) And Big Pat has blasted thru O-even w/ that loser Denney next to him.

1. zach may be overrated, but ray lewis is not.

2. shane lechler has been a better punter than moorman this year.

venis2k1
12-18-2003, 02:18 PM
more intersting is pete priscos all afc team with aaron schobel making it over jason taylor :)

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6932492

justasportsfan
12-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Spikes couldn't get to the probowl with a losing team like the bengals and he made it w/ a losing team in Buffalo. :scratch:

justasportsfan
12-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
more intersting is pete priscos all afc team with aaron schobel making it over jason taylor :)

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6932492

Schobel makes Taylor look like a rookie.

Patrick76777
12-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
As much as some say he doesn't seserve it, he must be doing something right. It's not as if he led the fan voting categories. And fan voting is only 1/3 of the vote. The rest is done through players and league personnel, so they must know something we don't.

No what are you talking about. The members of this site are all professional O-line evaluators!

BillsMan80
12-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

No what are you talking about. The members of this site are all professional O-line evaluators!

You are right. I forgot. I can't remember all the road grading blocks Ruben had on the way to Travis runs, and how everyone complains about penalties, yet he only has 5 all year. I am just a rookie at this thing, and so are those darn NFL players and personnel people.

Jeff1220
12-18-2003, 06:31 PM
Is it possible that we, as fans, are much harded on Rueben than his peers are?

shelby
12-18-2003, 08:41 PM
TKO, Moorman, Big Pat, Big Sam:up:
Reuben is an all-pro for holding penalties:mad:

Tatonka
12-18-2003, 08:59 PM
wonder how wys is gonna spin the sam adams to the probowl thing.. lol

The Spaz
12-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
wonder how wys is gonna spin the sam adams to the probowl thing.. lol

I really don't want to hear it to tell you the truth.

STAMPY
12-18-2003, 09:23 PM
i think travis henry got screwed man

The Spaz
12-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i think travis henry got screwed man

No he didn't Tomlinson didn't even get in. I like Henry but there's too many good backs in the AFC.