• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

How can we get Madden off MNF?

I missed most of the MNF games this season because I had a really late class on Mondays, but I did manage to catch most of the Dolphins/Eagles game, and was quickly reminded of why John Madden is washed up. Here's a paraphrase of one of his insightful comments after Ricky Williams got stuffed for a 1 yard gain:

"That was excellent defense. They controlled the line of scrimmage, forced him to the outside then swarmed to the ball. Now THAT's how you play a Ricky Williams run".

Um, yeah, isn't that how you stop EVERY back whether it's Walter Payton or the 4th string walk-on for UB? He takes this defensive scheme that's as old as the sport of football and talks it up as though the Eagles had suddenly found a magic answer, right there on that play.

Madden was a great coach and has his name on some great video games, but his commentary is just mindless rambling.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

They should bring in Don Cherry

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ð
      They should bring in Don Cherry
      ?? I always thought he was a hockey guy. Although it doesn't take much to have better commentary than Madden- if he's watched more than 2 football games, he's probably good to go
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

stop watching...sadly...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          stop watching...sadly...
          Or, we could just do the old Buffalo/Van Miller thing- turn the sound off on the TV and pick up the game on the radio- I'm sure it's broadcast nationally. That's probably a better idea
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Bring him in as our next HC.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Thailog80
              Im not a chick!
              • Apr 2003

Smith & Wesson.

"Let's Roll"
              Todd Beamer
              Flight 93
              9/11/01

Comment

• bigbry
                • Aug 2002

Re: How can we get Madden off MNF?

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I missed most of the MNF games this season because I had a really late class on Mondays, but I did manage to catch most of the Dolphins/Eagles game, and was quickly reminded of why John Madden is washed up. Here's a paraphrase of one of his insightful comments after Ricky Williams got stuffed for a 1 yard gain:

"That was excellent defense. They controlled the line of scrimmage, forced him to the outside then swarmed to the ball. Now THAT's how you play a Ricky Williams run".

Um, yeah, isn't that how you stop EVERY back whether it's Walter Payton or the 4th string walk-on for UB? He takes this defensive scheme that's as old as the sport of football and talks it up as though the Eagles had suddenly found a magic answer, right there on that play.

Madden was a great coach and has his name on some great video games, but his commentary is just mindless rambling.
                I havnt listen to Madden for years in my home. When I'm having a few with my friends Im amazed by what he says. Hes stoooopid!

BB

Comment

Working...
                X