PDA

View Full Version : Who I'd eally like to see as our next head coach...

Mr. Miyagi
12-19-2003, 09:55 AM
...is Mike Holmgren, if he's let go.

"Every year, during the so-called "hiring and firing season," there is a surprise dismissal of a head coach. Last year, it was the exit of Steve Mariucci in San Francisco that surprised a lot of observers. This season's possible "surprise" guy? It could be Mike Holmgren of Seattle, which continued its road struggles in Sunday's defeat at St. Louis, a shortcoming that could well keep the Seahawks out of the playoffs. Holmgren surrendered his general manager duties this spring, did a terrific job early on in focusing on what he does best, but could miss the postseason play for the fourth time in five seasons."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1686470

Imagine? We have our D very well set. Holmgren is the god of offense. Look what he did with GB and Seattle. We almost have the personnel in place to have a monster offense, just need to add a couple of players.

:drool:

IHateTheDullphins
12-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Interesting take, and I wouldn't be opposed to it, however MH is a control freak, and that won't work here if that's what he wants.

Mr. Miyagi
12-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Interesting take, and I wouldn't be opposed to it, however MH is a control freak
Wouldn't that be refreshing to us considering we've had Gregg Williams who had absolutely no control of his players or his staff?

IHateTheDullphins
12-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Wouldn't that be refreshing to us considering we've had Gregg Williams who had absolutely no control of his players or his staff?

I meant control as far as beyond just HC duties. I think he would be a good fit though, it's a good idea. He is an offensive genius, precisely what we need.

don137
12-19-2003, 12:34 PM
I thought he liked the west coast offense and we do not have the personnel for it...

Brian Griese Rulz
12-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Didnt GW already prove his first year here that the West Coast Offense doesn't work in Buffalo?

Tatonka
12-19-2003, 12:56 PM
actually .. holmgren has given up his GM duties.. he likes to have input on the players.. but i dont think he is as much a control freak as you may think.

i would be all for him.

and holmgren can make an offense work.. for sure... he knows how to pound alexander and has made hasslebeck one of the best qbs in the league.

Miami_Vice
12-19-2003, 12:59 PM
WOuld B-lo pay enough for him though? You would have to think that there will be a lot of other bidders out there.

Gee let me think...Miami or snowy, crappy B-LO? Hmmm thats a tough one LOL

The Spaz
12-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Hmm a lot of FA's could have came to Miamt to Miami Lice but they decided not too why could that be?

Mr. Miyagi
12-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Didnt GW already prove his first year here that the West Coast Offense doesn't work in Buffalo?
GW doesn't know crap about the WCO. His experience with it counts for nothing.

It's like having Richard Simmons telling you that Die Hard wasn't a manly enough of a movie.

Miami_Vice
12-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Takeo came to B-Lo because he is a moron

SABURZFAN
12-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Miami_Vice

is that why you're in chicago?

Tatonka
12-19-2003, 02:17 PM

i am sure that people will be lined up to get to miami.. the land of the december meltdown and perpetual underperformers..

please dont talk **** about buffalo right after your nontackling team just go smoked on national tv in their own house, and have screwd the pooch on this years playoff chances..

Gunzlingr
12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Take it easy on her Tatonka, being a finfan she doesn't know any better.

Miami_Vice
12-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Smoked?! Were you watching the same game?!

Wasnt the score 34-27? I could have sworn the game came down to the final minutes

Smoked on national tv is more like Buffalo vs KC or when Buffalo got their asses handed to them 30-3 vs the Jets BWHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Please lets face it, both of our teams underachieved this year. Dont act like your team didnt.

saviorbledsoe
12-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Smoked?! Were you watching the same game?!

Wasnt the score 34-27? I could have sworn the game came down to the final minutes

Smoked on national tv is more like Buffalo vs KC or when Buffalo got their asses handed to them 30-3 vs the Jets BWHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Please lets face it, both of our teams underachieved this year. Dont act like your team didnt.

And on Sunday we will find out how bad we did underachieve when we whupp the fins and bury fiedler in a snowbank......the only thing you'll see are those big ol' ears sticking out :)

WagonCircler
12-19-2003, 11:52 PM
I'd like to see Holmgren, but I think TD and Ralph have their hearts set on Haslett.