PDA

View Full Version : Is it really necessary to win this week?

Skatt8011
12-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Well obviously our season is over, and the Fins season is just about on the verge. Miami is not gonna win 2 in a row in December, so expect them to lose to the Jets, and if everything pans out well lose our last two, get the last place schedule, get Gregg fired, draft Ben Roethlisberger and well be set for FUTURE wins against the Fish when it actually matters to us.

So I say go Fins beat the Bills!

The_Philster
12-20-2003, 09:19 AM
:jawdrop: A Fish fan posing as a Bills fan :shakeno: No Bills fan could ever root for the Fish...especially against his own team.
Besides, a high draft pick guarantees nothing.

LarryBoy
12-20-2003, 09:21 AM
In a word........YES!!!!

OpIv37
12-20-2003, 09:21 AM
I'd rather beat a division rival than lose for a draft pick- even if we get a better pick the players we want may not be available, and even if they are available they're still unproven.

On the other hand, Gregg should have been fired in October so anything to get him out the door would help. If NE needs a win to preserve home field and plays their starters, we're going to lose next week anyway and end up with a losing record.

The_Philster
12-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Skatt8011
Well obviously our season is over, and the Fins season is just about on the verge. Miami is not gonna win 2 in a row in December, so expect them to lose to the Jets, and if everything pans out well lose our last two, get the last place schedule, get Gregg fired, draft Ben Roethlisberger and well be set for FUTURE wins against the Fish when it actually matters to us.

So I say go Fins beat the Bills!
And the worst post of the year award goes to......

Michael82
12-20-2003, 09:24 AM
OMG!?!? You don't wanna beat the fins? :puke:

Skatt8011
12-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Ok, so youd rather not draft a QB and keep Drew for the future who hasnt proven anything this year, and have the 3rd place schedule (and possibly the 2nd place) and give TD the chance to keep Gregg?

Cmon now winning this game doesnt mean anything except bragging rights, I mean I do want that but in the long run winning this game does nothing but bad.

The_Philster
12-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Ok, so youd rather not draft a QB and keep Drew for the future who hasnt proven anything this year, and have the 3rd place schedule (and possibly the 2nd place) and give TD the chance to keep Gregg?

Cmon now winning this game doesnt mean anything except bragging rights, I mean I do want that but in the long run winning this game does nothing but bad.

Like we already said, a high draft pick guarantees us nothing and you're talking about losing to the Fish. :puke:

Jan Reimers
12-20-2003, 09:48 AM
It was necessary to win several of our earlier games, to avoid being eliminated from the playoff hunt.

This would naturally be a great game to win. But "necessary?" Come on - the necessary games are long gone, on the horns of poor coaching and uninspired play.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2003, 09:54 AM
...Oh, and this losing to get a higher draft pick is BS. Every player, coach and fan with an ounce of integrity wants to win every game, regardless of the situation.

BillsNick
12-20-2003, 10:21 AM
This is the worst thread I've ever seen in my whole life. Please refer to my signiture for a better understanding.

Cntrygal
12-20-2003, 10:31 AM
It is always "necessary" and DESIRABLE to win against the fish... If we were to be cursed enough to go thru another 2-14 season... I'd want THOSE wins to be a fish sweep.

I hate the fish.

mchurchfie
12-20-2003, 11:35 AM
If you are a true and passionate Bills fan you will realize that beating the Dolphins is not only an obligation but an absolute neccessity. I don't believe that it would make that much of a difference, if any, in the draft order anyways. Ben Roethlisberger will be long gone by the time we our pick comes up and like Phil said, the draft carries no guarantees anyways.

The Natrix
12-20-2003, 11:38 AM
idiot

bigbry
12-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Its a "win win" deal for the Dolphins at this point. Beat us, no big deal, better draft, Wanny is gone. We win and you guys blow another draft pick.(see MacGayee)

BB

mchurchfie
12-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Damage control in early progress...

Originally posted by bigbry
Its a "win win" deal for the Dolphins at this point. Beat us, no big deal, better draft, Wanny is gone. We win and you guys blow another draft pick.(see MacGayee)

BB

That's a philosophical way of looking at The Fins getting their a$$es handed to them at The Ralph this Sunday.:up::D
Nothing like punting on second down.:snicker::church:

bigbry
12-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

That's a philosophical way of looking at The Fins getting their a$$es handed to them at The Ralph this Sunday.:up::D

It wouldnt upset me if we punted on every second down. Our D lives off of the internal bleeder anyway.

BB

Cntrygal
12-20-2003, 07:04 PM
If you are a true and passionate Bills fan you will realize that beating the Dolphins is not only an obligation but an absolute neccessity. I don't believe that it would make that much of a difference, if any, in the draft order anyways. Ben Roethlisberger will be long gone by the time we our pick comes up and like Phil said, the draft carries no guarantees anyways.

My boss, co workers and friends say that I am obsessed.

shelby
12-20-2003, 07:20 PM
We should and we must beat the fish to place the final nail in the coffin of their playoff hopes. Any Bills fan who doesn't realize the enormity of this rivalry needs their :angry:ing head examined.:cynic:

Skatt8011
12-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Ok!!! You proved your points, Ill root for the Bills, I guess I didnt know the rivalry was this intense (living in NJ makes it seem like the Phins and Jets is bigger)

BUT if you could see the future and knew a loss today would guarantee a high profile QB in the draft (not neccesarily Roethelisberger) would you sacrifice the game today for that QB?

bigbry
12-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Ok!!! You proved your points, Ill root for the Bills, I guess I didnt know the rivalry was this intense (living in NJ makes it seem like the Phins and Jets is bigger)

BUT if you could see the future and knew a loss today would guarantee a high profile QB in the draft (not neccesarily Roethelisberger) would you sacrifice the game today for that QB?

Ofcourse they would. But they cant publicly say so. All the peer pressure.

BB

mush69
12-21-2003, 11:29 AM
I can't believe what I've just read! The filthy fish must lose!

:fishfry:

BillyT92679
12-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Also the schedule is not that important. 14 of the 16 Bills games are already set (this is the case for each team in the league). If the Bills get the 3rd Place schedule they will probably host the Texans and play at the Raiders.

Cntrygal
12-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by bigbry
Ofcourse they would. But they cant publicly say so. All the peer pressure.

BB

I NEVER root for the Bills to lose - esp against the fish.

TigerJ
12-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Was it really necessary to play this game? Obviously the Bills' offence didn't think so.

Cntrygal
12-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Was it really necessary to play this game? Obviously the Bills' offence didn't think so.

I wish I could be a "motivational" speaker along the sideline.....

:club:

Skatt8011
12-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Ok we lost, now just sit back and wait for the best part of the offseason, THE DRAFT!!!!

Cntrygal
12-21-2003, 04:39 PM
We still have another game to play.

:boozer:

bigbry
12-21-2003, 04:43 PM

UPDATE!

At the Ralph this Sunday, the Bills got their a$$es handed to them.

END OF TRANSMISSION:

BB

Skatt8011
12-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Who cares, if we got humiliated by the coldest team in the league, what makes you think were gonna beat the hottest team in the league, welcome to 6-10 Greg now leave!

Cntrygal
12-21-2003, 05:04 PM
Who cares, if we got humiliated by the coldest team in the league, what makes you think were gonna beat the hottest team in the league, welcome to 6-10 Greg now leave!

I care..... That's why the game is played. Our idiots could get a clue - or someone could drug their coffee and we could actually show up to play. I'm not very optimistic about it..... but I can hope.

Skatt8011
12-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Well the only reason that there is hope for winning next week is simply this... LAWYER MILLOY he still knows their system and besides some minor adjustments, Milloy will have their basic defense remembered.

However, Gregg could have the Pats entire playbook with him the whole game and still manage to be outcoached.

shelby
12-21-2003, 06:50 PM
With KG as our OC, the inside edge we get with Milloy is nullified.
:cynic:

lordofgun
12-22-2003, 10:59 AM

I'm with Skatt. I was obviously rooting for the Bills, but I'm glad we lost.

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Maybe we should trade up and get Eli Manning. :hungry:

helmetguy
12-22-2003, 01:54 PM
It's never good to lose, under any circumstance. Losing only engenders a losing attitude, which is apparently pevasive on the offensive side of the ball. If we want to look forward to the draft, well, we do have a first rounder. Even if we do finish 6-10, the highest we could possibly draft is at #8. The big picture is, our salvation will not be found in the draft alone, we're not going to be rebuilding the franchise from the ground up, and we can use our turn in the first round to address any one of a number of needs. It'll depend a lot on who the new HC is, his staff, and which first round caliber player would best fill our most glaring need. OL? DE? WR?