Is it really necessary to win this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skatt8011
    • Aug 2003

Is it really necessary to win this week?

Well obviously our season is over, and the Fins season is just about on the verge. Miami is not gonna win 2 in a row in December, so expect them to lose to the Jets, and if everything pans out well lose our last two, get the last place schedule, get Gregg fired, draft Ben Roethlisberger and well be set for FUTURE wins against the Fish when it actually matters to us.

So I say go Fins beat the Bills!
    www.billsaddiction.com
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

A Fish fan posing as a Bills fan No Bills fan could ever root for the Fish...especially against his own team.
    Besides, a high draft pick guarantees nothing.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• LarryBoy
      The world needs a hero!
      • Apr 2003

In a word........YES!!!!
      Bills Rock!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I'd rather beat a division rival than lose for a draft pick- even if we get a better pick the players we want may not be available, and even if they are available they're still unproven.

On the other hand, Gregg should have been fired in October so anything to get him out the door would help. If NE needs a win to preserve home field and plays their starters, we're going to lose next week anyway and end up with a losing record.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skatt8011
          Well obviously our season is over, and the Fins season is just about on the verge. Miami is not gonna win 2 in a row in December, so expect them to lose to the Jets, and if everything pans out well lose our last two, get the last place schedule, get Gregg fired, draft Ben Roethlisberger and well be set for FUTURE wins against the Fish when it actually matters to us.

So I say go Fins beat the Bills!
          And the worst post of the year award goes to......
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

OMG!?!? You don't wanna beat the fins?

Comment

• Skatt8011
              • Aug 2003

Ok, so youd rather not draft a QB and keep Drew for the future who hasnt proven anything this year, and have the 3rd place schedule (and possibly the 2nd place) and give TD the chance to keep Gregg?

Cmon now winning this game doesnt mean anything except bragging rights, I mean I do want that but in the long run winning this game does nothing but bad.
              www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skatt8011
                Ok, so youd rather not draft a QB and keep Drew for the future who hasnt proven anything this year, and have the 3rd place schedule (and possibly the 2nd place) and give TD the chance to keep Gregg?

Cmon now winning this game doesnt mean anything except bragging rights, I mean I do want that but in the long run winning this game does nothing but bad.
                Like we already said, a high draft pick guarantees us nothing and you're talking about losing to the Fish.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

It was necessary to win several of our earlier games, to avoid being eliminated from the playoff hunt.

This would naturally be a great game to win. But "necessary?" Come on - the necessary games are long gone, on the horns of poor coaching and uninspired play.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

...Oh, and this losing to get a higher draft pick is BS. Every player, coach and fan with an ounce of integrity wants to win every game, regardless of the situation.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsNick
                      • Jul 2003

This is the worst thread I've ever seen in my whole life. Please refer to my signiture for a better understanding.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

It is always "necessary" and DESIRABLE to win against the fish... If we were to be cursed enough to go thru another 2-14 season... I'd want THOSE wins to be a fish sweep.

I hate the fish.
                        Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

If you are a true and passionate Bills fan you will realize that beating the Dolphins is not only an obligation but an absolute neccessity. I don't believe that it would make that much of a difference, if any, in the draft order anyways. Ben Roethlisberger will be long gone by the time we our pick comes up and like Phil said, the draft carries no guarantees anyways.
                          Last edited by mchurchfie; 12-20-2003, 11:48 AM.
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• The Natrix
                            • Jul 2002

idiot

Byrd.

Comment

• bigbry
                              • Aug 2002

Its a "win win" deal for the Dolphins at this point. Beat us, no big deal, better draft, Wanny is gone. We win and you guys blow another draft pick.(see MacGayee)

BB

Comment

Working...
                              X