PDA

View Full Version : 2004 NFL Mock Draft Updated 12/20/03

Sparda
12-20-2003, 05:15 PM
http://sparda.250free.com/NFLDRAFT/index.html

Have fun fellow bills fans.

As I said before..NO DRAFT..is accurate after the 1st 4 picks. But, This will atleast give us clues to how OUR draft will go. =)

Billsouth
12-20-2003, 05:46 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if we drafted winslow. what the heck this year we drafted a rb which we didnt need. trust me guys..... TE is not our most pressing need. we need o-line; speed receiver; d-line; and secondary before TE

ryguy8161
12-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Why do you think the Charges will take Harris and not Wilfork?

HenryRules
12-20-2003, 09:16 PM
There's a couple of mistakes on the schools:
Sean Taylor goes to Miami (Fla), not Miami (Oh).
Eli Manning goes to Ole Miss, not Miami (Fla).

I like the Winslow pick though and I really hope he falls to us (although I think once offseason workouts start, he's gonna start to climb - we just have to hope no one wants to take a TE too high).

TigerJ
12-20-2003, 09:16 PM
I don't think the Bills will draft an offensive lineman in round one. Their O-line need is for the interior, unless they project moving Jennings inside (something they've given thought to in the past and rejected). In Sparda's mock the next offensive lineman drafted after OT Robert Gallery in the 7th spot is Jake Grove, center in the 29th spot. If Sparda has Grove fairly valued, it would be an unthinkable reach for Buffalo to take him at 15. It's conceivable Buffalo could take a receiver. Michael Clayton and Lee Evans are both available to Buffalo in this mock and might be a reasonable value. Sparda's mock has Will Smith going to the Lions in the 5th spot. I've seen him in various mocks going anywhere from first (a "duh" pick in my estimation) to 15th (to Buffalo). If he is gone when Buffalo picks, there may not be another defensive end who would not be a reach at #15. Some guys might rate Udezi that high. I don't personally like Pollack as a DE pick. I think he is something of a DE/DT tweener. Some have Marcus Tubbs rated higher than the 31st best player in the draft. I could see Buffalo taking him if they think highly enough of him. I don't think there is a safety who would be available at 15 and would represent a decent value. Buffalo would only draft a CB in round one if Winfield bolts the team in free agency. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

I think Buffalo drafts from among Will Smith, Winslow or maybe Ben Troupe, a DT like Starks or Tubbs, Clayton or Evans. If Winfield is gone, then you can add the top two CBs to the list.
Not everyone agrees Hall is the best CB. He is arguably the fastest player in the nation, but at least one draftnik (NFLDraftShowcase) thinks he's a little raw, depends on his speed too much and would benefit from another year in college. NFL Draft Showcase thinks this year he's a likely 2nd rounder. If he does happen to last untill the Bills pick in round two he might be a great pick. Here's a link: http://nfldraft.fasthost.tv/DeAngeloHall.htm

HenryRules
12-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
i wouldnt be surprised if we drafted winslow. what the heck this year we drafted a rb which we didnt need. trust me guys..... TE is not our most pressing need. we need o-line; speed receiver; d-line; and secondary before TE

In the free agency era, I think you really screw yourself if you draft for need when you have cap room. Sign free agents that have proven themselves and reach for the stars in the draft with the best player available is my thinking. Unless someone drops a lot, drafting Winslow will be one of those fortunate moves that solves a need and gets the best player available (I think he's gonna be one of the top-10 gamebreakers in this draft).

That said - there's no interior OL worth drafting in the middle of the first round. Sean Taylor is the only guy in the draft that would help our secondary next year and I don't think he'll be around when we pick. I think we need a TE a lot more than a DT (we have two pro bowl alternates at DT while at TE we have 3 guys that wouldn't start on 20 other teams) and aside from Will Smith I don't see any DE's in the draft that would help us.

I wouldn't mind a WR, but I think we'll end up signing a FA WR (Jackson) and not have it as a need come draft day.

Sparda
12-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Thanks henry rules point proven.

Remember that we will already address certain needs in the FA market before the draft happens.

If we sign about 2 Offensive lineman during FA & a possible stud in kearse OR eric hicks. What makes you think we will address a need a TE even though we have campbell you all forget to see that moore & our 3rd stringer TE are not thee answers if campbell should go down.

Jan Reimers
12-21-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Billsouth

You're totally correct, BS. I fail to understand why people think we need a TE when we have so many other areas of critical need.

SABURZFAN
12-21-2003, 06:00 AM
IF that draft went the way up to our pick,i would consider moving down and picking up another pick.