• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

This is one of the primary reasons I don't hang out in this forum anymore

because it's too much heartache. Our coaching staff sucks....I think it's mostly Gilbride...but GW gets no reprieve because he allowed it to happen. We are a pathetic football team with a lot of talent. I hope Lebeau is calling plays next week.
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

We are a talented team with a pathetic QB.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

you don't get all the players you want PA...you have to work with what you have...and our coaches have no clue how to do that. I'm not defending Drew...I'm just saying you better damn well make it clear that he's the problem and we have not done that at all...I have watched all the games very closely. You can point all the fingers you want...but our team was not given the proper execution plans to win football games.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I'm going back to the TZ until at least mid-season next year. At least we can have fun there without getting sick.

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

10 TD's, 22 TO's. There is the root of your problem.

Funny our Defense is one of the top units in the NFL. Our ST's is up there pretty far. Travis Henry will rush for at least 1,300 yards this year.

The only player that sticks out with a crappy season is Dredsoe. I guess Drew is the only one our coaches couldn't put into position to be effective.

Bill Belichek couldn't put Drew Bledsoe in a position to be effective. That's why they dumped his ass. Nobody can put Drew Bledsoe in a position to be effective.

The dude has more losses then wins in his career. He also has more TO's then TD's in his career. None of it is Drew's fault though.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

we ran 407 times compared to 459 passes. I'm not even going to bother breaking down the stats...but I'm sure the ratio of run to pass on first down, in the red zone and third and short makes me puke. There are very few QB's that would have a good season in that situation.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

and I agree Drew is only mediocre at best...but you have to make the best with what you have...and we did not even come close to giving him a chance to look good.

Comment

• BillsFever
                Mr. Predictament
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                we ran 407 times compared to 459 passes. I'm not even going to bother breaking down the stats...but I'm sure the ratio of run to pass on first down, in the red zone and third and short makes me puke. There are very few QB's that would have a good season in that situation.
                What a difference of 3 per game? That's really searching.

We've been running quite a bit since the bye week and that hasn't helped Drew any.

I guess we should just run 50 times a game and pass 10 times a game.

The only teams that run, run, and run all game are teams with a terrible QB they don't trust. I guess we're at that level with Drew Bledsoe now.

If we ran all the time then everybody would be *****ing that all we do is run. The run/pass ratio isn't that bad this year. Drew Bledsoe just can't cut the slack.

Comment

• BillsFever
                  Mr. Predictament
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                  and I agree Drew is only mediocre at best...
                  So you wanna give a "mediocre at best" QB a 5 year extension for about an average of 8-9 million dollars after this season?

That is what we are left with. If Drew is on our team next November we owe him that money. Not hardly worth it if you ask me.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Yeah but, I noticed that Gilbride has a habit of not running enough when we are in the game and then running too much when the game is out of hand to cover is sorry a$$.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                      So you wanna give a "mediocre at best" QB a 5 year extension for about an average of 8-9 million dollars after this season?

That is what we are left with. If Drew is on our team next November we owe him that money. Not hardly worth it if you ask me.
                      True that Drew must go.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                        10 TD's, 22 TO's. There is the root of your problem.

Funny our Defense is one of the top units in the NFL. Our ST's is up there pretty far. Travis Henry will rush for at least 1,300 yards this year.

The only player that sticks out with a crappy season is Dredsoe. I guess Drew is the only one our coaches couldn't put into position to be effective.

Bill Belichek couldn't put Drew Bledsoe in a position to be effective. That's why they dumped his ass. Nobody can put Drew Bledsoe in a position to be effective.

The dude has more losses then wins in his career. He also has more TO's then TD's in his career. None of it is Drew's fault though.
                        there's more problems on this offense than JUST drew.we need to cut our losses and move on.TD's biggest mistake was getting drew knowing that we had a crappy OL.we're better off getting rid of drew and the coaching.we could use that money to make improvements with the OL.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsFever
                          Mr. Predictament
                          • Feb 2003

Alex Van Pelt in 2001

12 TD's, 12 TO's

Rob Johnson in 2001

6 TD's, 11 TO's

18 TD's, 23 TO's

Drew Bledsoe in 2003

10 TD's, 20 TO's

I guess Rob and Alex were under better conditions in 2001 then Drew was this year?

This isn't saying much for Drew Bledsoe.

Comment

• BillsFever
                            Mr. Predictament
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                            there's more problems on this offense than JUST drew.we need to cut our losses and move on.TD's biggest mistake was getting drew knowing that we had a crappy OL.we're better off getting rid of drew and the coaching.we could use that money to make improvements with the OL.
                            Our offensive line would look a lot better without Drew behind center.

You act like everybody else has a wall around them.

If Drew Bledsoe wasn't so slow and stupid and was able to get rid of the ball then the sacks would go way down. NO OTHER QB in the NFL gets blitzed like Bledsoe. Till Bledsoe can beat the blitz he will get blitzed to death.

I guess it's our OL's fault the 5-7 guys blocking can't block the 8 men rushing him almost every play.

This just shows no worries from the DC in Drew Bledsoe beating him with the blitz.

You think a team would blitz Peyton Manning with 8 guys almost every play? They would give up 50 points a week.

Comment

• BillsFever
                              Mr. Predictament
                              • Feb 2003

I guess we need to keep 8-9 guys in to block and send 2 WR's out in a pass pattern. That's gonna be really effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X