PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner for Head Coach?

Ebenezer
12-21-2003, 06:38 PM
My first choice would be June Jones but I don't think he fits TDs vision for this team.

IF Wanny gets fired in Miami (which I still think will happen) and they don't hire Norv Turner...

Well, what do people think...

Norv Turner as Head Coach. Yeah or Nay?

casdhf
12-21-2003, 06:48 PM
I'd rather have Norv Turner than June Jones. I don't remember much about him other than he was a run and shoot coach for the Falcons. We don't need a run and shoot coach, we need to shoot the coaches and just run. :eek:

Jan Reimers
12-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Tina Tuurner would be an improvement over the steaming pile of dog sh#t we have now.

Ð
12-21-2003, 07:02 PM
June Jones is a Gilbride run & shoot disciple. We need him like a hole in the head.

lordofgun
12-21-2003, 07:04 PM
They said during the seahawks game that if they don't make the playoffs, Holmgren's job may be in jeopardy. I'll take him.

Muck
12-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Norv Turner still has a good offensive mind. If the offensive personel in Miami weren't so poor, I have no doubt that Turner's name would be all over everyone's tongue's. Today he was able to pack it in because the defense got us a good lead. He does not trust Fiedler, Fiedler can't throw accurately or powerfully, and it seriously inhibits what we're able to do. In two years, we still haven't seen 50% of the playbook.

If it were a West Coast system, that would be one thing. But Turner's offense requres accuracy and a pretty strong arm.

That said, Norv's teams weren't all that disciplined in Washington. And he isn't known as a motivator. Miami fans really don't want any part of him as head coach. Great OC when he's got the horses. Great system (Mike Martz is one of his disciples). But not a top-notch HC IMO.

SABURZFAN
12-21-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Tina Tuurner would be an improvement over the steaming pile of dog sh#t we have now.

:laughter:

Turf
12-21-2003, 07:31 PM
How many times has Norv Turner failed. No thanks for me.

HenryRules
12-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Norv Turner is one of the better names I've heard mentioned so far.

I'd love him as an OC, but am not fond of him as a head coach. However, everyone I've heard mentioned has their bad spots and at least Turner can run an offense.

ultimatefinfan
12-21-2003, 08:26 PM
are you guys crazy, after seeing some of the offensive plays called last year and this year, its clear that this guy has called his way out of a head coaching job....

Dont hire norv, hire wanny :lol:

stuckincincy
12-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Ð
June Jones is a Gilbride run & shoot disciple. We need him like a hole in the head.

Junie loves Hawaii.

He's also a bag of bones. Sadly, several years, he was involved in a very serious auto crash and was broken up into bits.

If ya watch a Hawaii game, he ALWAYS is moving up and down the sidelines, so he can keep behind the plays. He does not want to be banged into.

TigerJ
12-21-2003, 09:28 PM
I don't want June Jones for the reasons already stated above. The run and shoot is dead in the NFL. Gilbride uses the philosophy if not the personnel and formation of the R&S, and look where it's gotten us. Someone may resurrect it some day and figure out how to make it work in the NFL, but I'd just as soon Buffalo not make the attempt because failure would mean several more years of futility. Norv Turner could probably do better than GW has if he leaves the defence in the hands of LeBeau and Gray. He's in the mix.

Ebenezer
12-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
They said during the seahawks game that if they don't make the playoffs, Holmgren's job may be in jeopardy. I'll take him.

Unless he wants no power over play personnel decisions I do not believe Holmgren would come here.

Devin
12-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Norv Turner is about as spineless as they come.