PDA

View Full Version : Willis?

Marino13Phins
12-21-2003, 09:14 PM
You guys are out of the playoffs, why hasn't he been given some time to get some work in?

OpIv37
12-21-2003, 09:16 PM
keep him off the field- no sense re-aggrivating the injury and having a draft pick wasted.

We're all curious to see what he can do, but it's probably a bad idea to rush it.

Marino13Phins
12-21-2003, 09:18 PM
All I have been hearing is that he is back to full stregth, isn't he practicing at full speed?

casdhf
12-21-2003, 09:20 PM
In a game that doesnt mean anything, I don't want to risk his knee. Besides, maybe his cap value goes down or something if he doesnt play?

OpIv37
12-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
All I have been hearing is that he is back to full stregth, isn't he practicing at full speed?

Last I heard he was. I believe he was on the roster going up to the Jets and Titans games, and both times he was deactivated at the last minute (correct me if I'm mistaken on this).

I can see both arguments- trying to keep him healthy vs getting NFL experience- not to mention the Bills O needs all the help it can get.

Marino13Phins
12-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I mean I wouldn't want the guy to get hurt either, but he should get the feel for the game, the action so he has a good idea of what to expect next year.

SABURZFAN
12-21-2003, 09:43 PM
a player with this injury or similar aren't 100% in under one year.take note to j.lewis and e.james who weren't the same the following year after their injuries.there's no sense in rushing him.

OpIv37
12-21-2003, 09:44 PM
not that having him in the game would matter all that much. With Gilbride calling the shots he'd be lucky to get 2 carries

caveboy
12-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Maybe Drew should put his jersey on GW's desk this week and have Willis dress in his place.

;-p

HenryRules
12-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
a player with this injury or similar aren't 100% in under one year.take note to j.lewis and e.james who weren't the same the following year after their injuries.there's no sense in rushing him.

Jamal Lewis and Edgerrin James are perfect examples of why I think he should come back.

The longest part of the recovery is the mental aspect and becoming fearless and confident again. Lewis and James were 100% back physically long before they were 100% mentally.

The doctors and everyone have already cleared McGahee to play. The longer we keep him off the field, the longer we're delaying his complete recovery.

Dozerdog
12-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Not with 3 backups making up the O Line.

LtBillsFan66
12-21-2003, 11:13 PM
I would like to see him out there. Not full time. As a decoy at least. Catching a screen pass at least.

HenryRules
12-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Not with 3 backups making up the O Line.

Then why should we play Henry, Drew, Moulds, Morris, or anyone else?

All of the above named players have had rather serious injuries and have all been cleared to play by doctors.

yle
12-22-2003, 07:56 AM
They said during Sunday NFL Countdown yesterday that he will not play this year per Ralph's request. Apparently Willis tweaked his hammy at some point, so Ralph requested that they not play him til next year.

Marino13Phins
12-22-2003, 11:22 AM
I don't thinkt he pats are going to use many starters are they? Don't they have home field wrapped up?

I say start him, as someone mentioned earlier the mental aspect is a big part. When James and Lewis came back, they were afraid to make hard cuts, and use the quick moves they banked their running on before.

helmetguy
12-22-2003, 01:32 PM
I'd continue to sit him the rest of the year. He was not factored into the equation for this year anayway. He'll get a fresh start in mini-camps and in training camp for next season, and be evaluated accordingly by the new coaching staff that will surely be in place. It's one thing to sit a guy who hasn't played an NFL down; quite another to sit experienced starters, particular at a time when the playoffs were still in sight.

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 01:40 PM
One game of experience doesn't do him that much good, especially he won't even be the starter anyway.

Sit him.

Marino13Phins
12-22-2003, 03:03 PM
It will do him some good, give him a feel for what to expect, the speed of the pro game.

HenryRules
12-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
One game of experience doesn't do him that much good, especially he won't even be the starter anyway.

Sit him.

Playing one game will help to eliminate some of the doubts in his mind this summer and not make him feel like the last year of solid rehab was a complete waste.

It may be only one game, but it'll be a huge mental boost for McGahee to get in there.