X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Sart Travis Brown next week

Okay, before the flames come darting across in my direction, let's consider this. Drew blows. No one's going to argue that at this point. AVP is not the future of this franchise. He does well holding the clipboard. TB did well in mopup time today. Granted, it was no-huddle, end-of-the-game, with Miami dropping its safties into oblivion, but he showed that at least he can find someone wearing the same colors he is. Let's face it, he's never gotten much of a chance in the preseason. He plays with scrubs, against scrubs, let's see him in a real game situation against a real team in a game that means nothing to eaither team.

Is he the savior of this team? No. Do we still need to draft a QB. By all means, yes. But, we need to find out if we have a servicable option here, or if we have to delve into free agency so we don't have to throw a rookie quarterback to the wolves. I think it's just a way to make sure you've considered all options.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I'm in agreement. No, he's not the QB of the future but if he shows some promise maybe we can free up AVP's roster spot. Nothing against the guy but he's old and he's a career back-up.

Plus Brown's more mobile than Bledsoe, which is a huge plus with our pathetic O line
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• CommissarSpartacus
      • Mar 2003

Travis Brown has talent.

He did exactly what he was supposed to do today.

He has a good arm and is a good natural athlete who can move and throw on the move.

His physical skills are at least as good as billy Volek's, AJ Feeley's, Tim Rattay's etc.

Give the guy a chance to show what he can do with the first team from the start of a game.

Playing Drew against NE when they'll be playing for home field advantage through the playoffs would be madness.

He'll get killed, both physically and emotionally.

The question is though, would Bledsoe accept sitting for a game and letting Travis play?

Or would that bring back too many bad memories?
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

Im for it, gotta see what he has sometime.. Would be a huge test for Brown..

Comment

• Skatt8011
          • Aug 2003

I could care less about his arm if he can scramble! Well not really but we may have an incredible scrambling option on our team to throw into the game when Drew's inconsistency kicks in. Give the guy a chance maybe give us an exclamation point to put on the season and give Drew a big wakeup call by benching him and giving him a taste of another possible Tom Brady story.
          www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

I agree. He could be one of those guys that has a lousey combine, and a lousey preseason, then gets into a game and can actually play, we saw that in Miami a couple years back.

Its time to give AVP his walking papers, and groom a viable backup.

Comment

• madness23
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Skatt8011
              I could care less about his arm if he can scramble! Well not really but we may have an incredible scrambling option on our team to throw into the game when Drew's inconsistency kicks in. Give the guy a chance maybe give us an exclamation point to put on the season and give Drew a big wakeup call by benching him and giving him a taste of another possible Tom Brady story.
              Exactly, he can run. The run and shoot was designed for a mobile quarterback. If he starts this game my money is on him having one of the best games at QB for the Bills this year. Which isn't hard to beat. Sorry for the relapse, Drew.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Spartacus
                The question is though, would Bledsoe accept sitting for a game and letting Travis play?

Or would that bring back too many bad memories?
                Oh please. If they were worried about Drew's feelings they would've run the ball more and not let him get sacked so many times.

Sit the clown.

Comment

• DrewmustGO
                  • Dec 2003

Brown is not the answer!

Comment

• superbills
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DrewmustGO
                    Brown is not the answer!
                    Agreed, but we need to find out if this guy can play at all so we know if we can send AVP packing while we groom our QB of the future (Rothlisberger, Rivers, etc.) We need to see if we can rid this team of dead weight to free up roster spots for players who may stand a chance of playing a down or two.
                    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                    Ronald Reagan
                    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

Working...
                    X