PDA

View Full Version : This is what makes Gilbride Annoying

Ebenezer
12-21-2003, 11:30 PM
It isn't the run to pass ratio...

It isn't the number of passes in a row when we should be running...

It's not the choice of running vs. passing...

It is the concept of what play he calls at what time. It has happened all year. IF we broke down the game films we could find hundred of places where a play with a low percentage of success was called.

A few examples:

Half Back option
Inside Flanker Screen
Misdirection bootleg screen on 3rd and less than 1...and on and on and on...

I ask myself. Would Levy (or his staff) call that play in that situation? Would Parcells? Would Walsh? Would Landry?

If it doesn't pass that acid test then the answer is--dumb call.

1. Do you have to try new things? Yes.
2. Do you have to switch things up and not be predictable? Yes
3. Do you have to be smart enough to play the hand dealt you and put your players in a position to succeed? Yes.

Painfully, KG fails on number 3.

caveboy
12-21-2003, 11:40 PM
Yep. Agree. But Dumb and Dumber are a team. I don't blame KG without first saying it should be the HC's final say if plays don't work. I don't sense any of that in GW as a coach.

In Levy's case or Parcells, you don't think about who the coordinators are because these guys control the game. We don't have that in GW. I mean, we Bills fans probably know the coordinators' names, but the point is, a head coach that runs the team like a real coach, is the true voice of the team.

If KG was/has been ineffective, GW should have stepped up and taken over play-calling duties. Any of us on this board could have done it and saved the team a few million. Here it goes: Bench Drew. Start AVP. Throw some screens and short routes, a few deep routes to keep MOulds happy. But run TH the majority of the time and establish ball-control. Have we even done that ONCE this year?

This O has to get confidence from a leader. Apparently, it ain't Drew or the HC? What the hell is going on?