PDA

View Full Version : You know what's sad about the qb position?

justasportsfan
12-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Ever since Kelly left it's obvious that the best qb we've had since then was a 5'9 aging qb in Flutie. The bills have had the best chance with him in there. Even with a coach that stunk up the place at least we were in the playoffs. We had a horrible OL then and even though we were scoring 14 pts. a game at least we were winning.

I'm not saying Flutie was/is a great qb. I'm just pointing out how Drew needs to retire and we need to overhaul this O and it starts at the qb position.

Marv said it this morning, the best way to protect a qb who can't run to save his life is to run the no huddle. There isn't a lot of pocket passers today and Manning is running the no huddle.

Looks like we'll be keeping Drew and with the speed of the D nowadays, there isn't a system other than the no huddle that would make Drew at least average.

The best thing to do I guess is hire a coach who can run it since we are keeping Drew. Everyhing has to fall in place w/ Drew. A great OL, rb, wr's, TE, etc.

The last time I saw a team like that The ravens won the sb but didn't need a 6 million qb to take care of the ball.