PDA

View Full Version : Wally O-Gun a Bill!

Patrick76777
12-22-2003, 08:36 AM
Or at least not a Dolphin!

Knowing that O-Gun is a Restricted Free Agent, I tried to work some of that TKO magic on him yesterday.

I told him that we know he’s a Free agent and that he’d look good in Red and Blue!

My whole crew started into him,

“Come on Wally, we’ve got money”

“Come on Wally, you know they always underpay you”

“Come on Wally, you know you’ll never make the money you want with JT on the other side”

“Come on Wally, get rid of those gay Teal pants and put on the Red and Blue”

This went on for a good 5 minutes! Right before he left, he looked at us with a grin and shrugged his shoulders as to say, hey you never know! (or at least that’s what I hope he was thinking)\

Either way, maybe I helped plant or cultivate a seed to get him out of Miami!

It’s the least I could do for the Bills!

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Sorry to dash your hopes...

Miami will put the $1.5 mil tender on him. It will not be worth giving up a 1st rounder to Miami, sorry.

Patrick76777
12-22-2003, 08:41 AM
You don’t think that the League leader in sacks is worth a first rounder?

I’m being serious! Not trying to bust chops here! I’m asking you a question, because this guy is very good, and good DE’s are few and far between these days!

justasportsfan
12-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Can I post this at FH Pat?

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
You don’t think that the League leader in sacks is worth a first rounder?

I’m being serious! Not trying to bust chops here! I’m asking you a question, because this guy is very good, and good DE’s are few and far between these days!

He would be an upgrade and with any other team in the league I might agree with you. I am not giving my 1st rounder to Miami. He also wants $7 mil a year.

Patrick76777
12-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Can I post this at FH Pat?

Yeah, go ahead!

Patrick76777
12-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Yeah, EB, I'd love to have him, but my main goal is to get him out of Miami. Maybe he'll look elsewhere! Not saying that a fan can do much, but like I said, just planting a seed!

clumping platelets
12-22-2003, 09:59 AM
How much does he benefit from the players around him? Would he be an impact player? I have serious doubts. All that money AND and #1......not interested

dolfan25
12-22-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Yeah, EB, I'd love to have him, but my main goal is to get him out of Miami. Maybe he'll look elsewhere! Not saying that a fan can do much, but like I said, just planting a seed!

Your not saying anything Ogunleye has not been hinting at. The last 2 years he's been money obsessed and he knows that his big payday is coming, but I highly doubt it will be in Buffalo.

Heck you gotta replace Winfield and possibly Rueben. You got enough of your own problems to worry about.

BillsFever
12-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Getting your butts kicked isn't a good time to try and recruit. He probably just wished you would STFU.

Patrick76777
12-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Getting your butts kicked isn't a good time to try and recruit. He probably just wished you would STFU.

it was in Warm-ups!

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Who the :angry: is "Wally O-Gun"???

Novacane
12-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Sorry to dash your hopes...

Miami will put the $1.5 mil tender on him. It will not be worth giving up a 1st rounder to Miami, sorry.

I thought you only had to give up a pick in the round the player was drafted on restricted FA's. He was an undrafted FA out of college.

Phins054
12-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Who the :angry: is "Wally O-Gun"???

Adewale Ogunleye...

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I thought you only had to give up a pick in the round the player was drafted on restricted FA's. He was an undrafted FA out of college.

I think the league determines the compensation based on the value of the player lost. The league would most likely give us a 1st rounder if we lose him in FA.

OpIv37
12-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by dolfan25

Your not saying anything Ogunleye has not been hinting at. The last 2 years he's been money obsessed and he knows that his big payday is coming, but I highly doubt it will be in Buffalo.

Heck you gotta replace Winfield and possibly Rueben. You got enough of your own problems to worry about.

Our O-line needs serious help with or without Rueben, and he's overrated anyway. His salary can be better spent elsewhere. It will be difficult to keep Winfield, but I don't think it will be difficult to replace him. We have some good young talent at DB and there are plenty of CB's around the league who will want to play for one of the NFL's best defenses. I've heard Ty Law's name being thrown around, but I don't know if that's a legit possibility.

We'll trade you straight-up: Reuben for O-Gun. (hey, stop laughing).

OpIv37
12-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

We may have lost the game but don't forget our D owned their O for the whole game- Ricky averaged 3.2 a carry or something and Fiedler only had 46 yards passing.