PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Gone?

LtBillsFan66
12-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Brown still has three years on his current contract, but Brown was caught on camera by WROC-TV in Rochester telling a Dolphins player that he wouldn't be back next season.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20031222/2003760.asp?tbd2003760.asp

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 09:19 AM
do the math...

He counts $4.036 mil against the cap if he is on the roster...
He counts $4.000 mil againat the cap if they cut him before 6/1
He counts $1.336 mil against the cap in 2004 and $2.66 against the cap in 2005 if they cut him after 6/1

If they are going to cut him it will be after 6/1.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2003, 09:20 AM
God how I'll miss those holding penalties and those "WATCH OUT, DREW" blocks.

Valerie
12-22-2003, 09:22 AM
He's probably sick of being on a losing team.

I met this really cool guy who hosts a radio sports show in Houston who was up covering the game. I talked to him for a bit about the changes and dumb ass moves the Bills have made in recent years. He agrees with me that letting Peerless go was dumb, he agrees that Maghee, our draft pick was dumb and he thinks if we let Winfield go that would be dumb too! He was a very smart guy! And cute too. lol

Here's his radio station website ksevradio.com. He's on in the morning from 6:30am-7:00am or 7:30am, I forgot what he told me. lol He hung out with us on Saturday night.

The_Philster
12-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Letting Peerless go was a cap move...you can't afford two top-paid WRs AND upgrade the defense.

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
[B he agrees that Maghee, our draft pick was dumb[/B]
Oh? He knows that MaGahee was dumb? :hitself:

Valerie
12-22-2003, 09:34 AM
Picking him as our first round draft pick was a stupid thing to do.

Ruben Brown is getting up there and I don't think losing him is going to hurt the team that much.

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 09:37 AM
If Ruben gets cut he will be picked up and with good coaching will return to his (legitimate) Pro Bowl level.

Halbert
12-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Letting Peerless go was a cap move...you can't afford two top-paid WRs AND upgrade the defense.
Yes, but he was cute so he had to be right.

Dozerdog
12-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Explain how picking McGahee was dumb. It's only dumb if the Bills left a guy on the table that we had an obvious need for. Kelsay very well could have been our #1 pick if McGahee was gone. There were no stud players left at the time we drafted.

Come back in a year or two and then I'll listen.

Valerie
12-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Okay, I'll tell you why I think it was a dumb move. For starters, he's a rookie, just out of college. ALL rookies are crap shoots. You have no idea how they're going to perform on a professional level. They may be tops in college, but that doesn't mean they're going to continue to perform that way in the pros. Secondly, he's INJURED! I don't care how good his doctors are, or what his injury is, no one knows how that injury is going to affect his play. Joint injuries do a lot worse in the cold weather. Buffalo is one of the coldest places to play. Lastly, I don't really think the Bills needed him.

I think those are all legitimate reasons for why I think that pick was dumb.

Ð
12-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Ok, let's not draft anyone becuause they're rookies and may not pan out :rofl:

Valerie
12-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Did I say that, no. What I said was he's got two strikes against him. You always take a chance on a rookie but I wouldn't take a chance on an INJURED rookie. That was my point.

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Okay, I'll tell you why I think it was a dumb move. For starters, he's a rookie, just out of college. ALL rookies are crap shoots. You have no idea how they're going to perform on a professional level. They may be tops in college, but that doesn't mean they're going to continue to perform that way in the pros. Secondly, he's INJURED! I don't care how good his doctors are, or what his injury is, no one knows how that injury is going to affect his play. Joint injuries do a lot worse in the cold weather. Buffalo is one of the coldest places to play. Lastly, I don't really think the Bills needed him.

I think those are all legitimate reasons for why I think that pick was dumb.

Who is typing for J7 today??

Jan Reimers
12-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Explain how picking McGahee was dumb. It's only dumb if the Bills left a guy on the table that we had an obvious need for. Kelsay very well could have been our #1 pick if McGahee was gone. There were no stud players left at the time we drafted.

I agree, despite my other posts, because at the time of last year's draft, we didn't realize how woefully inadequate we would turn out to be on the O line, at WR, and at FS - in addition to DE.

This year we know, and therefor do not have the percieved luxury of a McGahee-type pick.

Valerie
12-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer Who is typing for J7 today??
I'm typing for me today, Eb. Just because I spend a lot of my time in the Twilight Zone, doesn't mean I don't understand football and can't talk football. You should've heard me on Saturday night. :) Ask Typ0, he was there. I'm a very smart girl. :nerd:

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm typing for me today, Eb. Just because I spend a lot of my time in the Twilight Zone, doesn't mean I don't understand football and can't talk football. You should've heard me on Saturday night. :) Ask Typ0, he was there. I'm a very smart girl. :nerd:

Sorry I missed you Saturday night...but prior plans...

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2003, 10:59 AM
I think that yuou could put :bigmike2: in a Ruben Brown jersey and he would make the Pro Bowl. :eek:

lordofgun
12-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I think that yuou could put :bigmike2: in a Ruben Brown jersey and he would make the Pro Bowl. :eek:

:rofl:

stuckincincy
12-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Well, G Eric Steinback was available - has started all season for B'gals; was injured and out the last two weeks. TE's Witten and Joppru. Safety Rasheed Mathis. Wr's Kelley Washington, Nate Burelson, Bethel Johnson in the 2nd. C Al Johnson. And so forth.