PDA

View Full Version : Winfield

zone
12-22-2003, 09:47 AM
As I posted before Winfield either hates playing for buffalo or just does not know when to shut his mouth.

"Of course I want to be back," Winfield said after the Bills' 20-3 loss to the Miami Dolphins. "This is a very talented team. But I want to win. I'm tired of losing. It seems like it's been the same thing around here the last three years. I need to go to a contender or hopefully we need to step up here and do something.

You don't turn your back on your team like this. It's allways about him "I" need.....IMO his statements prove he does not want to be back next year.

lordofgun
12-22-2003, 09:50 AM
This is why Buffalo needs to hire a proven coach. Players need to be excited about staying here...

Just another reason GW and KG will be gone.

clumping platelets
12-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Throw the transition tag on his azz and see how many teams try to sign him :snicker:

LtBillsFan66
12-22-2003, 09:51 AM
You must have missed the ""Of course I want to be back," part...

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by zone
As I posted before Winfield either hates playing for buffalo or just does not know when to shut his mouth.

"Of course I want to be back," Winfield said after the Bills' 20-3 loss to the Miami Dolphins. "This is a very talented team. But I want to win. I'm tired of losing. It seems like it's been the same thing around here the last three years. I need to go to a contender or hopefully we need to step up here and do something.

You don't turn your back on your team like this. It's allways about him "I" need.....IMO his statements prove he does not want to be back next year.

let's ask this of the poster...

Would you work for a company, no matter how good they treated you, that perpetually struggled the whole time you were there. I don't begrudge players speaking out of frustration. He didn't bash the players, the fans, the city, etc. All he wants to do is win. I'll take that attitude over some of the others.

zone
12-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Did you hear the audio the last 2 weeks on him.... he sounds anything but sincere. He has proved it with his play the last 2 weeks as well IMO.

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Did you hear the audio the last 2 weeks on him.... he sounds anything but sincere. He has proved it with his play the last 2 weeks as well IMO.

Too many FA CBs out there this year...TD will get whatever he wants...a better player or AW back at his price.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2003, 09:59 AM

He got beaten like a rented mule by Chambers.

The_Philster
12-22-2003, 10:00 AM
He turned his head around too late on that TD by Chambers. :down:

IHateTheDullphins
12-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Yeah, good one. Price said that last year too, and he had no intentions to return. Winfield can screw.

**** you Winfield, way to be team player. Remeber, wear your helmet kids.

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 10:18 AM
I want Winfield back because I have his jersey and don't want it obsoleted.

But I hate the way he always lets his man catch the ball and then tackle him. Yes he's a good tackler but what good is it when the guy already has the first down or a TD? A good CB is supposed to prevent his man from receiving the ball, not let him make the catch and stop him just there.

zone
12-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I want Winfield back because I have his jersey and don't want it obsoleted.

But I hate the way he always lets his man catch the ball and then tackle him. Yes he's a good tackler but what good is it when the guy already has the first down or a TD? A good CB is supposed to prevent his man from receiving the ball, not let him make the catch and stop him just there.

Exactly... he is an excelent tackler... maybee the best in the league, but he is a CB not an LB.

Valerie
12-22-2003, 10:32 AM
I like Antoine. I hope he doesn't leave or get traded. I don't blame him for getting annoyed and frustrated at the situation in Buffalo. What do you expect these players to say. The Bills were supposed to be the real deal this year. They were supposed to be contenders. And they're a total joke. I've completely lost interest in them this year. Even yesterday at the game, I really didn't pay attention to it. It was over in the first quarter when the Dolphins scored 10 points. And so was my interest in the game.

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I like Antoine. I hope he doesn't leave or get traded. I don't blame him for getting annoyed and frustrated at the situation in Buffalo. What do you expect these players to say. The Bills were supposed to be the real deal this year. They were supposed to be contenders. And they're a total joke. I've completely lost interest in them this year. Even yesterday at the game, I really didn't pay attention to it. It was over in the first quarter when the Dolphins scored 10 points. And so was my interest in the game.
Your interest was gone this year because we didn't make the playoffs and the Cowpies did.

Drewpac
12-22-2003, 11:08 AM
I like Winfield but at this point I could care less who comes back for the Bills next year. I want to see some major changes made in the offseason to bring in some players who know how to win. The players we have now are so used to losing they no longer have what it takes to be winners.

Valerie
12-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac....The players we have now are so used to losing they no longer have what it takes to be winners.
I don't know if I agree with you, Drewpac. I think you're right in the fact that they are used to losing but I don't think that means they can't turn things around. I think at this point they have completely lost faith in everything. All they need is a sign, som egood thing to happen to make them start believing again. I still think the Bills have a good bunch of players, with a few exceptions. I think they all still have the potential to win. I just think they're extremely discouraged and frustrated.

Dozerdog
12-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
I like Winfield but at this point I could care less who comes back for the Bills next year. I want to see some major changes made in the offseason to bring in some players who know how to win. The players we have now are so used to losing they no longer have what it takes to be winners.

This is what I have been saying the past 3-4 weeks to all the "lose for a better pick" people out there.

If you want a team bred for losing- have them lose all the time.

Levy's Bills stayed on top for a decade (even with drafts in the 25-29 range) because they learned how to win and did not accept losing. You want to be the Bengals and go a decade with futility? Lose for a better draft slot.

zone
12-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
This is what I have been saying the past 3-4 weeks to all the "lose for a better pick" people out there.

Levy's Bills stayed on top for a decade (even with drafts in the 25-29 range) because they learned how to win and did not accept losing. You want to be the Bengals and go a decade with futility? Lose for a better draft slot.

I have agreed on this the whole way, why would we every want to lose.... it brings nothing positive to the orginization, and do give me that stupid "higher draft pick" argument!

THenPitBull
12-22-2003, 02:43 PM
****winfield, I I I, he's overrated and sells out to dumb commercials, ill be glad when he's gone, his loss won't hurt at all cause some serious changes in Blo will be made !!

Michael82
12-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Throw the transition tag on his azz and see how many teams try to sign him :snicker:

That's what I was thinking! :snicker:

HenryRules
12-22-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I agree entirely ... I think our record in close games this year is further proof of the fact that we don't have many winners on this team (and I've been saying this for about a year now).

Blame our offense, blame our defense, blame our coaching for the number of close games we lost ... I think it's character all around the team. We always seemed to find a way to not win.

HenryRules
12-22-2003, 05:55 PM

I don't know if I agree with you, Drewpac. I think you're right in the fact that they are used to losing but I don't think that means they can't turn things around. I think at this point they have completely lost faith in everything. All they need is a sign, som egood thing to happen to make them start believing again. I still think the Bills have a good bunch of players, with a few exceptions. I think they all still have the potential to win. I just think they're extremely discouraged and frustrated.

I disagree, there's a large majority of players on our team that don't know how to win.

Just think of all the playoff games that our key players on offense have won:
Moulds
Brown
Henry
Bledsoe

Bledsoe, who has a lack of success in big games as one of his biggest failings, is our only key offensive player with some history of winning playoff games.

On defense, we're a wash ... for every Fletcher, there's a Spikes; for every Milloy, there's a Winfield.

BAM
12-22-2003, 06:40 PM
do we have a transistion tag to use though?

Michael82
12-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
do we have a transistion tag to use though?

Yup, and a Franchise tag too! :D

BAM
12-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Oh Ok. i thought you could only use them once every so many years.. and didn't we use one on Peerless Price last year.

Valerie
12-22-2003, 06:54 PM
You're right, Brad. I think we used the franchise tag on Peerless last year.

helmetguy
12-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
Oh Ok. i thought you could only use them once every so many years.. and didn't we use one on Peerless Price last year.

You're right, Brad. I think we used the franchise tag on Peerless last year.

We did Franchise Price, but got the tag back when we traded him to Atlanta. If I recall, for either tag, we lose 'em for as long as the tagged player remains under cotract with us.

helmetguy
12-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Now that I think of it, we got around the franchise thing with John Fina a few years ago. Seems like we franchised him, signed him to a one year deal, then sign him to another contract that would go into effect once the one year deal was done. Maybe Eb or Clump can better explain how that deal worked. I think it was done that way to be more cap friendly immediately, gave Fina some pretty good up front money, and the second part of the deal had most of the money back-loaded, since the combination of the two deals came to about seven years.

TypicalBill
12-23-2003, 09:33 AM
i think we'll draft a corner in RD 1 ... there are some excellent prospects... we'll trade down, draft a CB and with the extra pick draft a WR (very deep class for WR's this year).. We'll take care of the OL in FA.

justasportsfan
12-23-2003, 09:40 AM
But I want to win. I'm tired of losing. It seems like it's been the same thing around here the last three years. I need to go to a contender or hopefully we need to step up here and do something.

Spikes left Cincy for the same reason and we didn't have a problem with that. Can't blame Winfield for doing the same.

I wouldn't mind losing Winfield as long as we get a stud DE.