PDA

View Full Version : GW could stay?

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 12:31 PM
According to high-level Bills sources, Donahoe told Williams they have not made a decision to re-sign him or let him go. The Bills brass wants to sit down after the season and completely evaluate all areas before making a decision.

"We don't know what to believe anymore because you hear soooo much stuff about it," one Bills veteran player said this week. "Gregg is good. He treats us like men and you can see we're still busting our asses for him but you just hear so much about how he's gone. If our offense didn't struggle like it has we may not even be talking about this.

A few variables could weigh in favorably for the coach's future. Williams' asking price to return would likely be less than any front-line coach the Bills hope to hire. The defense was tremendous and should not be tinkered with, but if Williams is willing to replace Gilbride with a coach perceived to be an upgrade, might that help sway the boss enough? The players are very comfortable with him. They've seen him persevere through the first few years of his tenure when the Bills were trying to come out of salary cap purgatory.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6943613

I probably wouldn't mind too terribly much if GW returns, as long as Gilbride gets the axe.

helmetguy
12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Heard something about that on the radio coming home this morning. It sounds like GW tried to pull a Fassel/Reeves maneuver. After yesterday's debacle, any credibility he has with TD is probably gone, and may have been when he requested the meeting. TD probably told him that he hasn't got the track record of Fassel or Reeves, so don't bother me until it's all over.

TD: No, Gregg, I DON'T want to talk about it right now. Now... GET OUTA HERE AND GET READY FOR MIAMI!!!!"

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 01:18 PM
I heard that GW could go to Chicago if Juaron gets canned. GW and Angelo supposedly had a previous working relationship? :huh:

helmetguy
12-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Word has it that Juaron will probably stay in Chicago. They said something on ESPN about it last night that, with very little talent on the team, he's managed to squeeze out a few wins. I'd take that any day over a schmutz that squeezes out losses with considerably more talent.

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2003, 01:35 PM
No :angry:. That mother-:angry:!