PDA

View Full Version : Eb's Players Grades

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 02:37 PM
I have given 45 players grades based on their performance this year. Some grades are based on variables like coaching decisions. For example. Drew Bledsoe get a D+. He was bad this year but he got some credit because Kevin Gilbride can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. So his final grade was a C-. Grading was also judged with the role the player has. For example. Jon Dorenbos got an A-. Is he one of the best players on the team? No, but he did his job and did it well.

A
Adams
Fletcher
Henry
Moorman
Spikes
Williams, P.

A-
Schoebel
Gash
Dorenbos

B+
Campbell
Clements
Jennings
Milloy
Morris
Polk
Price, M.
Winfield

B
Posey

B-
Kelsay
Lindell
McGee
Reese
Shaw
Williams, M.
Wire

C
Bannan
Moore
Prioleau
Teague

C-
Bledsoe
Brown, R.
Coleman
Reed

D
Brown, A.
Thomas, K.

D-
Denney

F
Pucillo

Incomplete
Moulds
McKenzie
Sydney
Edwards
Sullivan
Crosby
Tucker

Not Applicable
Van Pelt
McGahee

Players not listed did not play enough to warrant a grade other than incomplete.

LtBillsFan66
12-22-2003, 02:42 PM
I agree for the most part.

Schoebel is one that gives me trouble. He has some #s, but I have never seen him totally dominate. I like the way he's developed, and with help on the other end, he can be more effective. An A- though... I don't know...

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I agree for the most part.

Schoebel is one that gives me trouble. He has some #s, but I have never seen him totally dominate. I like the way he's developed, and with help on the other end, he can be more effective. An A- though... I don't know...

He is playing on the wrong side and being asked to be Bruce Smith...for that he gets an A-...

imbondz
12-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Grading was also judged with the role the player has. For example. Jon Dorenbos got an A-. Is he one of the best players on the team? No, but he did his job and did it well.

Players not listed did not play enough to warrant a grade other than incomplete.

:nerd:

casdhf
12-22-2003, 04:41 PM
What happened to Sydney anyways?

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-22-2003, 08:06 PM
I have to say that you were pretty kind to Bledsoe.

Dozerdog
12-22-2003, 08:21 PM
What's the difference between a B and a B+ ?

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
What's the difference between a B and a B+ ?

B+ is a little better...

helmetguy
12-22-2003, 08:23 PM
About 0.3 toward your QPA!

Dozerdog
12-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Why is Molds incomplete but Henry graded? Moulds missed about the same amount of time Henry did.

Ebenezer
12-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Why is Molds incomplete but Henry graded? Moulds missed about the same amount of time Henry did.

Good point. I felt that Moulds injury was much worse than Henry's and since he is not a RB that he is dependent on the offensive play to get the ball. Between the injury and the offense I did not feel it was fair to give him a grade. The grade though, imo, is completely unfair. As fans we have no extent of the injury...just a lot of conjecture by local media. IF pushed to do so...B+. Simply on the fact that he was immobile most of the year.

Historian
12-24-2003, 05:32 AM
Its a great list Eb, but it almost looks as if everyone is graded on a curve. Travis Henry and Moorman are the only As in my book. Every other group needs down graded one mark, IMO. I agree with the grouping though.

Billsouth
12-25-2003, 08:01 AM
i would not have rated mcgee so low, but other than that i pretty much agree with your analysis.