• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Wilson vows to fix Oline

"Wilson Backs Bledsoe

Owner Ralph Wilson addressed the media after the loss to Miami and once again said he thinks Drew Bledsoe is a good quarterback and said he will pay him next year and bring him back. Bledsoe is due $6 Million next season as the 2nd stage of his contract kicks in. Wilson put the blame for the offensive woes squarely on the offensive line, saying Bledsoe has no time to throw. He did vow to get the offensive woes straightened out in the off season."

pulled that from billsdaily.

great news .. at least about the oline.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BradAlanMiller
    • Sep 2003

hope he keeps his word.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
      • Jul 2002

Well I knew he would do this.
      But Ralph has to realize in today's NFL, QB's like Kelly don't have a chance, and Drew is done.
      Drew is just too slow mentally and physically.
      This also bothers me, because his vocal decision to keep Drew tells me the next coach won't have any say, if there is a next coach. Obviously the O-Line coach and his decisions have been all wrong as well. Does anyone see this in Bills' management?
      So the next coach will be forced to keep Drew.
      Which means Williams may not go, and IF he does, another neutered coach will be brought in.
      So forget about a Coughlin or any strong willed coach with any personality coming here, they will be under Ralph and TD's thumb, which spells another dreadfull era.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Actually I think the Bills do not have to commit to the second stage of Bledsoe's contract until during the season sometime, I think he is due the second stage bonus sometime in either October or November. If Buffalo were to decline, then Bledsoe becomes a free agent after the season next fall. To bring him back next fall is one thing. I hope they think long and hard before they pay that next bonus. If Bledsoe can't cut it, that would put Buffalo on the fast track to salary cap jail. It would be much harder financially to cut him or trade him once that bonus is paid.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

I heard if Bledsoe is on the roster in November we owe him the money no matter what.

That means we have 3 choices

1- Cut Bledsoe after this season and owe him nothing

2- Keep Bledsoe going into the season and cut him before November and pay him a 2 million dollar bonus.

3- Keep Bledsoe going into the season, and also stash away millions on the cap if we planned on keeping him past November, and also pay him a 7 million dollar bonus to take over the next 3 years of his contract worth an average of about 9 million a year.

I don't think I should have to even mention which option is the best.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
            • Jul 2002

The problem is Ralph already made up his mind.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
              The problem is Ralph already made up his mind.

Comment

• losman2evans
                • Aug 2002

Having a better offensive line will help the Bill's future whether or not Bledsoe is here in the future,

Games are won in the trenches.

Pat Williams Sam Adams, Schoebel, ?

?(Jennings) ( Brown) ? ? ,Williams

We need one DE and 2- 3 new offensive lineman

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                  • Jul 2002

We need an O-Line coach. A head coach. An offensive Coord. A QB coach.
                  And I really believe we need a new QB.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

right now we're getting average play from our tackles, and bad play from our guards and center... its hard to replace your whole middle of your line in one off season.

we also need a good LE to rotate in, Denney isn't it, and Kelsay is 2 or 3 years away from 8 sack seasons
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BillsMan80
                      Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                      • Jul 2002

Here's my take on the problems. I think, #1, our Center and our Right Guard play is poor, and we need to beef up those positions. I think we have 4 capable tackles, but we have 1 capable interior lineman. The Interior must be upgraded. If we upgrade the interior, we are fine with Drew(I think). We need a playmaking WR. No matter how we get one, we need a player who can beat his corner at the line, and stretch the field. We could use a better playmaker at FS, and we need more consistent play from our Ends. Whether this means this is what we must do in FA, I am not sure, but these should be our target spots, in addition to a QB of the future.
                      The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                      THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

why not get rid of bledsoe and his contract AND fix the OL?when will the The Old Fart realize that we have ANOTHER overpaid QB in buffalo?
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

I think they should keep Drew, and draft a good QB to take over in a year or so.

Comment

• Ron C.
                            • Mar 2003

quote from BillsFever:

2- Keep Bledsoe going into the season and cut him before November and pay him a 2 million dollar bonus.
                            Actually, he doesn't get cut before November, he becomes a free agent after the season.

Comment

• WCoastFin
                              I have the arms of a new born baby!
                              • Jul 2002

YESSSSSS! I too hope he keeps his word about having Bledsoe start next year again.....
                              We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X