PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomas and T. McGee

TypicalBill
12-23-2003, 09:52 AM
whatever happened to Kevin Thomas? is he playing on nickel and dime packages or what?? havent heard his name in a while.. I know McGee has looked goos as the nickel back so is he ready to take on an expanded role next season??

what do you think?

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2003, 09:54 AM
I don't think anyone's seen enough of either of them to make that judgement. If we don't get Winfield back, we need another proven CB.

justasportsfan
12-23-2003, 09:59 AM
McGee for a rookie has done extremely well. His future as a good cb is looking good.

Ebenezer
12-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Neither is ready to start. Thomas looks like toast most of the time.

The Jokeman
12-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Kevin Thomas has seen a lot of times on special teams this year and he's been a good contributor as he's usually downing punts or the first one to meet up with the returner.

In my opinion if Winfield walks we should either bring in a vet for a year or two to replace him (see Ty Law or Bobby Taylor) or draft someone like Derek Straight from Oklahoma with our 1st Round pick.

zone
12-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Neither is ready to start. Thomas looks like toast most of the time.

I am not a fan of Thomas... I posted this on McGee in another thread but will repeat here.

This guy is the real deal.

His special teams play alone is the best I have seen since Tasker.

Also his limited play on defense has been extremely solid if not excelent. He has 2 picks, only 1 less then Clements (who leads the team with 3) a sack, and a forced fumble. 27 total tackles with only limited play in 13 games. I think we really missed him last week, I don't know why he was not playing on d. Maybee if he was in he could have picked up some of Winfields slack.

IMO we can expect very good things to come from #24.

justasportsfan
12-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by zone

I am not a fan of Thomas... I posted this on McGee in another thread but will repeat here.

This guy is the real deal.

His special teams play alone is the best I have seen since Tasker.

Also his limited play on defense has been extremely solid if not excelent. He has 2 picks, only 1 less then Clements (who leads the team with 3) a sack, and a forced fumble. 27 total tackles with only limited play in 13 games. I think we really missed him last week, I don't know why he was not playing on d. Maybee if he was in he could have picked up some of Winfields slack.

IMO we can expect very good things to come from #24.

:up: Even Winfiled wasn't that good in his rookie year. McGee if need be can return kicks too.

The_Philster
12-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
whatever happened to Kevin Thomas? is he playing on nickel and dime packages or what?? havent heard his name in a while.. I know McGee has looked goos as the nickel back so is he ready to take on an expanded role next season??
Thomas has played as the dime back on occasion.

casdhf
12-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Thomas is the Chris Watson of 2 years ago.

stevo
12-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Let Winfield go. Start McGee. Get a stud defensive end to keep pressure off of McGee while he learns. And draft a cornerback to add depth to the position.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Not resigning Winfield could help and hurt.. McGee would face the same pressure as Josh Reed did this year.. Not resigning Winfield would save alot of money, just hope Buffalo doesnt draft another DE..

If McGee starts next year, dont exspect him to be an all-star..

madness
12-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by stevo
Let Winfield go. Start McGee. Get a stud defensive end to keep pressure off of McGee while he learns. And draft a cornerback to add depth to the position.

Makes the most sense to me. Losing Winfield won't hurt us that much.

ShadowHawk7
12-23-2003, 10:12 PM
In an interview w/ McGee about his first appearance as the Nickle Back, he said he was suprised to even be drafted much less 4th round. Could we of gotten him 6th or 7th round?

zone
12-23-2003, 10:17 PM
Yea that's the funny part, he has played well and every time he is interviewed he is unhappy with his play.

helmetguy
12-23-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by zone
Yea that's the funny part, he has played well and every time he is interviewed he is unhappy with his play.

Gotta love a guy who just wants to keep getting better. Shows he's hungry. Once you get too comfortable, that's when you're asking to get burned. With the attitude McGee has, he could easily become a leader on this team for the future.

HenryRules
12-24-2003, 09:11 PM
McGee is solid, but, in today's NFL, you need 3 solid NFL corners and 2 really good ones to have a solid D like we have. If Winfield bolts, we have to bring in another proven quality corner or else, even if McGee can adequately replace Winfield (big if), we'll struggle mightily when teams go 3-wide.