PDA

View Full Version : Morts Coach list

justasportsfan
12-23-2003, 12:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2003/1211/1683912.html

Available Ex-Head Coaches
1. Dennis Green -- You must categorize him as the most qualified of all candidates who has credentials: eight playoff seasons in 10 years with the Minnesota Vikings. He's also shown a keen eye for offensive talent -- he pulled the trigger on Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper in consecutive seasons when arguments were being made against both players. Negatives? He's had a personal issue or two, but all in all comes highly regarded.

2. Tom Coughlin -- If you're an owner concerned about a loose ship and consistently inconsistent play, Coughlin is the man. Parcells has told friends that Coughlin is the best coach he's ever had on his staff, a mouthful considering Bill Belichick was on that list, too. Coughlin has few peers when it comes to attention to detail. He's a solid player evaluator. He has integrity. He is a taskmaster, whether you consider that good or bad. Parcells and Belichick are taskmasters, too. Does anybody remember that in 1999 that Coughlin's Jaguars finished 15-1 in the regular season and that he took the expansion Jaguars to the AFC title game in just their second season?

The interesting about Green is that he stated before that Gilbride does not know how to use Drew (something like that) . Maybe he can since Drew isn't going anywhere.

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2003, 12:56 PM
What was Green's personal issue?

Ebenezer
12-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Bring me TC!!

Ebenezer
12-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

I think he got caught smoking dope...and maybe had an affair.

justasportsfan
12-23-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Just like Coughlin, full control.

Wies is interesting but I don't think Drew will be endorsing him. I'm sure Wies had something to do with Drew leaving NE.

justasportsfan
12-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Bring me TC!!

TeD Cotrell or Tom Coughlin?

justasportsfan
12-23-2003, 01:02 PM
8. Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech -- One GM said that leadership, attention to detail and ability to manage a game are still qualities that a head coach needs, and Beamer meets the criteria. He's also a stickler for special teams -- a snapshot of his attention to detail -- and some of the best coaches in recent NFL history (Parcells, Belichick and Marv Levy) have been uncompromising when it comes to special teams.

Get rid of Danny Smith and bring a guy like this in. Will he leave a college HC job though?

Drewpac
12-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Green cheated on his wife. Who cares? I was watching a program last night that said there is infidelity in over 60% of all marriages. As long as he can coach, that's all that matters.

Tatonka
12-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
8. Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech -- One GM said that leadership, attention to detail and ability to manage a game are still qualities that a head coach needs, and Beamer meets the criteria. He's also a stickler for special teams -- a snapshot of his attention to detail -- and some of the best coaches in recent NFL history (Parcells, Belichick and Marv Levy) have been uncompromising when it comes to special teams.

Get rid of Danny Smith and bring a guy like this in. Will he leave a college HC job though?

not a chance that frank beamer leaves his job at Virginia Tech.. he makes a ton of money, and he is considered a God in that area. no way, no how.

fushetti
12-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Weis... bring em in.

casdhf
12-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I think he got caught smoking dope...and maybe had an affair.

No wonder he bonds so well with his players.

don137
12-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind Charlie Weis even though he has no HC experience. He has no great talent in NE yet the team still puts up points.

Gunzlingr
12-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Green was accused of sexual harrassment on a few occaisions, if I rightly recall. He destroyed the MN defense for offense.

Ingtar33
12-27-2003, 12:51 AM
Green also attacked his ownership on numerous occasions and charged racism when his bid to buy the Vikings was denied by the league (he couldn't come close to fronting the type of money needed). He wrote a book detailing how horrible the management/ownership of the Vikings was, and claimed he'd take over the team just to stick it to the team owner or some such. Green was and is, in short, an *******.

This was largely why he was fired after his only losing season, Minnesota management had enough of him.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
not a chance that frank beamer leaves his job at Virginia Tech.. he makes a ton of money, and he is considered a God in that area. no way, no how.

That's good, judging from Va Tech's second half collapse this year, including last night's 52-49 loss to Cal. It seems that for the last few years, he has gotten about as little as possible out of some great talent.

bernielivsey_1
12-27-2003, 05:29 AM
Well I say Marv. At least he can get us there.