View Full Version : Positives and negatives to keeping Drew

BillsFever
12-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Negatives

32 years old

13 Million Dollars to keep him next year

More TO's then TD's in the last 4 years

50+ sacks each year in all of them years

2-18 in his last 20 attempts against winning teams on the road.

19 wins out of his last 65 tries

No leadership qualities

Acts like a zombie who doesn't care when he's out on the field

Career .500 QB

Just as many TO's as TD's over his 12 year career

10 TD's and 20 TO's this year

34 TD's and 38 TO's in his two years here

Can't get rid of the ball when the blitz is coming

Gets blitzed all the time because he can't get rid of the ball when the blitz is coming

Positives

He has a strong arm
He is a good father

Novacane
12-23-2003, 03:36 PM
I heard he's a good husband too!

stuckincincy
12-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Yep. Why they rolled the dice on Bled and didn't move up a few positions for Ramsey escapes me to this date. I guess they had thier eye on Ryan Denney.

'Course, the same brain trust let a guy like OG Steinbeck who coulda' played for 'em for 10 years fall...

Novacane
12-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Another negative.......................season ticket sales will drop. There are more Bills fans that do not believe in him anymore than there are that do.

The Natrix
12-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Positive -

he makes me laugh

Stewie
12-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Positives:
(Assuming he renegotiates)
-Sweet arm.
-Can hand off well to Travis Henry.
-Can hand off well to Willis McGahee.
-Can be very effective with playaction passes.
-Is the best QB on the roster, and until that changes, he's the best chance we have.

Negatives:
-Extreme lack of mobility.
-Needs a simpler offense with easy checkdowns. (This shouldn't be hard to overcome with a creative coordinator).
-Career .500 QB.
-Streaky player and confidence is down.

zone
12-23-2003, 08:14 PM
This year he has not played well, but look at his suroundings. The fact is that he has thrown for 2800 yards completed almost 60% of his passes, and 13 TD 11 thowing 2 rushing with a hurt eric moulds, a flukey reed, a slow bobby shaw, now what is a third string O-line, and an OC that works agianst him and the team rather than for them.

I think at least we should be happpy that this is as bad as it get for this team.

Yea he has had as many INT's as TD's and yes he has been sacked 46 times.

I am willing to have the surroundings fixed and see what happens, because I know if he had the surroundings he had last year when he threw for almost 4400 yards and 26 TD's (24 thorwing, 2 running) completing 61.5% of his passes and making the PRO BOWL all while being sacked 54 TIMES! That we would not be in the shape we are this year. Not with our D.

So I vote to get it fixed and see what he can do next year. Other than Manning, or Buldger there is not much out there in the way of FA.

ShadowHawk7
12-23-2003, 10:06 PM
nice post zone, good call

Disgustipatex
12-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Haha, a good father? His kids look like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings!

saviorbledsoe
12-24-2003, 06:26 AM
Fairway and Justa........you guys sure do have boners for getting rid of Drew. You guys are obsessed with it. Go play with your boners together and leave us Bills FANS alone.

justasportsfan
12-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Fairway and Justa........you guys sure do have boners for getting rid of Drew. You guys are obsessed with it. Go play with your boners together and leave us Bills FANS alone.

The reason why we are critical about Drew is because we care about this team and want to win a superbowl. Just because we criticize him , doesn't mean you are a better bills fan than we are. Get a grip. If you can't take criticisms from other fans who do not see the same thing you do, you really shouldn't be on a MB.

We are no different from those who said the same things about Rob Johnson. I wasn't wrong about him then and I said I would love to eat crow if I am wrong about Drew.

In the mean time, quit living with Drew's achievements when he was a Patriot. He is a bill now and you can't even come up with anything to show that he is worth the 6 million we've paid him.

You have a boner for a qb who has been less than average. It's okay to be a Drew fan SAVIORbledsoe but don't go blasting us when he plays like Rob Johnson.We are not blind.

BTW do you still want Greg Williams or Gilbride here? It's a simple question.

justasportsfan
12-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

BTW do you still want Greg Williams or Gilbride here? It's a simple question.

Savior, I'm still waiting for your reply. :D

I also take it you want to keep every player on this team as well?

pats-were-right
12-24-2003, 08:37 AM
This year he has not played well, but look at his suroundings. The fact is that he has thrown for 2800 yards completed almost 60% of his passes, and 13 TD 11 thowing 2 rushing with a hurt eric moulds, a flukey reed, a slow bobby shaw, now what is a third string O-line, and an OC that works agianst him and the team rather than for them.

Poor guy - you sound like us from 1997-2001

R. Rich
12-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
Poor guy - you sound like us from 1997-2001

Yep. We should've read the fine print. Still, there has to be some way to salvage this situation with Drew.

Novacane
12-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

Why do you have such a "boner" for wanting to keep an inept QB.

BTW.......................are you cabable of having a discussion without resorting to talking about boners and homosexuality. It sure does'nt seem like it. I think you need to speak with the zone shrink, BF1.

Tex
12-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Bellichick becomes more of a genius with every passing Buffalo game. This post reminds me of all the things the Pats use to say about Drew.

Drewpac
12-24-2003, 12:24 PM
I know. I can't believe that people are still holding out hope that Bledsoe is salvageable. This guy sucks. He might be the worst starting QB in the league. I remember watching Ryan Leaf play a few years back and Bledsoe is starting to resemble him. No fire, no leadership, completely defeated look. This guy has one of the best defenses in the league and he can't consistently lead his team to at least 14 points a game. It's pathetic and I'm sick of it. Quit trying to rationalize keeping Bledsoe here. Also, why is there so much loyalty to the guy? He's never lead us to the playoffs and it's not like he signed here as a free agent like Takeo. The guy was traded here. He doesn't have any special connection to Buffalo or its fans. It's time to let this stupid Bledsoe Savior dream die and move on.

Do you realize how stupid some of us sound? We're hoping that a 32 year old QB can somehow develop into a "serviceable" player and good leader when he hasn't shown that ability for 11 seasons now.

Tex
12-24-2003, 12:35 PM
It is really sad to watch him now. There was a time that I thought he was one of best QB's in the league.

Drewpac
12-24-2003, 12:42 PM
I agree. He wasn't always so bad but that doesn't mean that he isn't terrible now. Unfortunately, I think he's going to put on an especially putrid performance on national television this Saturday. This week's game will be the "THUD" in Bledsoe's freefall. I don't want him to fail but I have this dreadful feeling that it will be a real ugly game for him.