Novacane
12-23-2003, 04:15 PM
Is this guy a FA this year?

don137
12-23-2003, 05:16 PM
I think he is a restricted FA...

Ron C.
12-23-2003, 06:50 PM
It depends at what price Miami offers him. As a Pro Bowl DE Miami would be foolish not to offer the max. In this case , it would likely cost a #1 (ala L.Coles) to sign him away from Miami.

Ron C.
12-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Alas, maybe someone will offer us a #1 to sign Ron Edwards away from us...

Disgustipatex
12-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Actually, the maximum tender the Dolphins can get in compensation for Ogunleye is a 1st and a 3rd.

Tatonka
12-24-2003, 07:51 AM
if the dolphins dont slap him with a 1st and a 3rd (which means that they will have to pay him more money) then they are total idiots..

but they are the dolphins.. so i guess that it goes without saying.

Ð
12-24-2003, 08:17 AM
Adewale Ogunleye
Ei ei o...

Buffatexas
12-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Why all the hype on this guy???...it is obvious that you game plan for guys like Jason Taylor, and I would bet until probably 3 weeks ago there wasn't a OC in the league trembling over the name Ogunleye. He is only benefiting from Taylor, Seau and Thomas and the secondary. I predict he will be another Bryce Paup. Get 17.5 sacks in a great system and go somewhere else and do squat. He would be an upgrade over whatever we have on the opposite side of Arron and may fit well with him and give us bookends for years to come. But I would not expect pro bowl numbers from him no matter where he goes next year.

Marino13Phins
12-24-2003, 03:18 PM
I disagree, I feel he is a good player, great player even. Miami just needs to find the money to sign him, they are strapped, we need to let go of someone, and if it's him maybe we can get some good picks, because we need an oline and a qb.

SABURZFAN
12-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
Actually, the maximum tender the Dolphins can get in compensation for Ogunleye is a 1st and a 3rd.

your only shot would be arizona.san diego could have been a possibility if butler were still there.

HenryRules
12-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Buffatexas
Why all the hype on this guy???...it is obvious that you game plan for guys like Jason Taylor, and I would bet until probably 3 weeks ago there wasn't a OC in the league trembling over the name Ogunleye. He is only benefiting from Taylor, Seau and Thomas and the secondary. I predict he will be another Bryce Paup. Get 17.5 sacks in a great system and go somewhere else and do squat. He would be an upgrade over whatever we have on the opposite side of Arron and may fit well with him and give us bookends for years to come. But I would not expect pro bowl numbers from him no matter where he goes next year.

Paup's great season here overshadowed an otherwise solid career ... he made 2 pro bowls in Green Bay before coming to Buffalo.

That said, I think Ogunleye is very similar to Paup - he'd be a good, not great DE without Taylor opposite.

Also, I'd like us to swap Schoeble to the other side ... he's gotten really good against the run and could still give us 10 sacks from the left side I think - assuming we have someone on the right that is a 10-12+ sack man himself

casdhf
12-24-2003, 10:43 PM
**** him and **** Paup too. He couldnt function outside a 3-4 system. Look at his career in Jacksonville

Muck
12-26-2003, 02:56 PM
One thing about Wally. It's not as if he just came out of nowhere and was a surpise to us. He was a standout DE at Indiana who was 5th all-time in sacks in the Big Ten. He was very highly regarded but tore his ACL midway thru his senior year. 4-yr starter (redshirted '95).

Miami liked what they saw and picked him up as a rookie FA in 2000 and put him on IR. They worked him back in part time as a backup in 2001 (playing in 7 games).

All along, the Phins brass kept saying they thought he could be a superstar. He came on in 2002 and made it tough for teams to focus just on JT without paying for it. And now here he is. Pro Bowler leading the AFC with 14.5 sacks.

The thing is, it's not all JT. Jason Taylor has been singled up a lot this year. And from a passrush standpoint, he's had a pretty disappointing season. Meanwhile Ogunleye has done nothing but improve. Sure, having JT helps. But this guy has been a force this year while JT got singled up. He always faces the TE along with the RT. He plays the run extremely well. Quick strong, smart, young. He deserves every penny he's going to get.

Whether he follow it up is anyone's guess (unless you're Miss Cleo). But I'd hate to see him lining up opposite Aaron Schobel.

AjFinHeaven
12-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

but they are the dolphins.. so i guess that it goes without saying.

Hey boii, that's not too nice!!! :scratch: